Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 07:24 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,522,586 times

Advertisements

Sadly, I like some of these songs! My contributions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07-yKnKRMQ
(This song was #1 for what SEEMED like forever back in 1977/1978!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3U_m9BmJo0
(My best friend and I rewrote the lyrics to "Just When I Hated You Most", and it went downhill from there!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUVgkXVDkBA
Yuck. Just... yuck. (In fact, anything by Freddy Fender!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 07:51 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,145,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUVgkXVDkBA
Yuck. Just... yuck. (In fact, anything by Freddy Fender!)
Do you not like the Texas Tornadoes, or just Fender's solo material?

I'm not a huge Fender fan, but he was a fellow Texan, so I had to ask.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:04 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,642,217 times
These:

Shangri-Las - Leader Of The Pack - 1964 - YouTube

Ray Peterson - Tell Laura I Love Her - 1960 - YouTube

And most of all, this hideous thing:

(You're) Having My Baby - Paul Anka and Odia Coates - YouTube

Old 01-07-2014, 10:26 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,352,516 times
NAILED IT.

I'd like to add Crocodile Rock and Benny and the Jets.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:36 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,604,458 times
Default Worst Ever

Only thing this song made me want to do was get the gun and got muskrat hunting...after shooting the radio.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:06 PM

41,882 posts, read 74,938,731 times
OMG, where would I start??

90 percent of the pop music from the 1980s.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:33 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,173,486 times
Anything and everything by Mariah Carey. She sounds like a cat in estrus.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:41 AM

7,128 posts, read 5,219,940 times
Everything I Do (I Do It for You) (from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves) by Bryan Adams
Storybook Love (from The Princess Bride) by Mark Knofler ~ Even another singer can't save this!
I Only Have Eyes for You by The Flamingos ~ It's the backup syllables being sung. We used to call it "Glub Glub (The Drowning Song"! I love other versions, but this one is poor; I thought so back when it was on the radio.
Me and Mrs. Jones ~ I don't even know who sings it, but I have always loathed it! / I looked him up: Billy Paul?! ~ "We got a thang goin' on..." Yuck!
Sylvia's Mother by Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show ~ It's chalk on the blackboard! It's squeaky sneakers on wood floors!

I know people adore him. When I was growing up, it seemed that everyone loved Elvis Presley. So, I went along, thinking that I should like him, too. I never bought even a 45 of his music, never an album. I can think of about two early songs I don't mind. The rest... I turned rebellious about his movies when I was in high school. My sister, her friends and I were headed for the latest Elvis flick. When we reached the newsstand next door, I said, "I'm going in here instead. I'll meet you after its over." They were aghast! EVERYONE went to see Elvis. I simply couldn't take him anymore. I've never watched his movies again, and I turn down the radio when one of his songs comes on.

There are a couple of the old Elton John songs I don't mind, but the rest were run into the ground even before decades had passed. His sound doesn't hold up to me.

My mother loves him, but I can't stand a single one of Bruce Springsteen's songs. He seems to like to shove as many syllables as he can in a line, ending up slush-mouthed and nearly impossible to understand. I think most of his lyrics are painful to listen to and do not understand the adulation. "Born to Run" sounds like a parody.

There are a number of singers I simply can't listen to: Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston (when she started the vocal gymnastics, a style that spread to other singers~those who I would place on this list), and a host of others who became popular around the Nineties. I don't even recall their names, just that, when they start singing, I search for something else or lower the volume.

I have a very high tolerance for a lifetime of music and beyond, as I love music from long before I was born in the Fifties.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:49 AM

1,868 posts, read 3,060,199 times
Achy Breaky Heart by Billey Ray Cyrus and Carol of the Bells. I know most people love Carol of the Bells but I can't stand its borderline obnoxious repetition.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:43 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,830,978 times
" My Sharona" by the Knack gives me an upset stomach, and headache. It was my ex-wife's favorite song.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music