Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 07:17 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times

Advertisements

There is a concert coming around this summer that I'd like to attend, and have thought about posting on craigslist to find a concert mate. Has anyone done this before? A good friend has counseled me against going this route. I'm just curious if anyone has had any luck with such an arrangement. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 06:10 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times
Just go alone like I have done many times. Listen to Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians Circle Of Friends.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:29 AM

I'm more into shared experiences, going alone is not my thing. I'm a social person, I suppose. I guess in a pinch I could take my son as the music is his genre as well.

So no one else find a concert mate through craigslist? Maybe another website for shared social interests? I could see myself finding a mate specifically for this facet of my social world, where we just go to concerts together.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:37 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
I haven't mainly because I have only gone to arena shows (besides one GA show) and I wouldn't want to go with someone I just met but share a common artist. Plus I have TONS of musical interests so I could want to see some groups that perhaps others.

Have you tried Songkick? I think there is a bit of social aspects of finding fellow fans and people going to the show as well. That and check facebook.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:06 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Invite a friend and pay their way.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:43 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Invite a friend and pay their way.
Maybe the good friend the OP mentioned would like to go.

I'd also sure rather take my son to a concert than some potential creep from craigslist who could easily ruin the night

Old 05-14-2014, 02:59 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
No. I have gone to shows alone. Craigslist is full of kooks. A typical experience may go like this:

(Me, Arriving to the venue) "Hi I am D. Scott, Nice to meet you."

(Craigslist person)- "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAA killer bananas! your'e one of them! Run awaaaaay!"

No thank you.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Maybe the good friend the OP mentioned would like to go.

I'd also sure rather take my son to a concert than some potential creep from craigslist who could easily ruin the night
I asked him first - he is opposed to the concert for personal reasons.

I've used CL before and I'm not a creep - at least, I don't think I am. Not everyone on CL is a creep, surely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
No. I have gone to shows alone. Craigslist is full of kooks. A typical experience may go like this:

(Me, Arriving to the venue) "Hi I am D. Scott, Nice to meet you."

(Craigslist person)- "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAA killer bananas! your'e one of them! Run awaaaaay!"

No thank you.
Ok, this made me laugh. Did something similar actually happen to you?

Old 05-17-2014, 03:45 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I asked him first - he is opposed to the concert for personal reasons.

I've used CL before and I'm not a creep - at least, I don't think I am. Not everyone on CL is a creep, surely?

Ok, this made me laugh. Did something similar actually happen to you?
No, But it's how I imagine it would-At least with me. I often attract characters like this when out in public too.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
No, But it's how I imagine it would-At least with me. I often attract characters like this when out in public too.
Maybe it's your area? Many years ago I placed an ad on Strictly Platonic seeking lunch buddies, and I met up with a handful of people that way. The only female who responded became one of my best friends and we still talk nearly every day. While none of the males who responded worked out, none of them seemed psychotic - just incredibly 'physical' considering I was seeking a platonic connection.

I thought the creep who pawed me all through lunch was bad, sounds like you have it much worse! Mentally unstable people are a lot scarier than perverts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music