Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 08:47 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,163 times

Advertisements

Soulja Boy's Crank Dat
Ay Bay Bay
any song that sounds similar.

I do find it ironic on there though that on this forum, a lot of people classify hip-hop music as all being the same but they argue that the rock music that's on tv right now isn't real rock. There is real and fake in all genres of music. The difference is, most good hip-hop didn't stay in the mainstream long enough to be recognized and was replaces immediately. Good rock music actually lasted for a long time. Real rock for fans of it. Real hip-hop for fans of it. Apply that to every other music genre as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 10:15 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,650,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Soulja Boy's Crank Dat
Ay Bay Bay
any song that sounds similar.

I do find it ironic on there though that on this forum, a lot of people classify hip-hop music as all being the same but they argue that the rock music that's on tv right now isn't real rock. There is real and fake in all genres of music. The difference is, most good hip-hop didn't stay in the mainstream long enough to be recognized and was replaces immediately. Good rock music actually lasted for a long time. Real rock for fans of it. Real hip-hop for fans of it. Apply that to every other music genre as well.
Excellent point made there.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:45 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,986 times
That "Chocolate Rain" video shown on YouTube.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:04 PM

209 posts, read 1,089,370 times
Crazy by Gnarls Barkley SUCKED. I hate this song. I hate this song. Hate it. I cannot stand hearing it.

The Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani, God, this song makes me want to shoot myself.

Rockstar by Nickelback is retarded.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:47 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
here is another I was reminded of today. Feel Good Inc. by Grolliaz. this may have been 2006 but I certainley heard it alot this past year year. Saw the video and another one by this same group and am wondering, what is the deal with an animated band? are they secret agents or something? anyway the song does not make me feel good at all and it makes no sense. Windmill windmill for the land, forever hand in hand? sounds like something from the "Grinch stole christmas".

Old 02-17-2008, 06:11 PM

979 posts, read 3,828,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Soulja

Great point! I very much agree!

Old 03-06-2008, 03:24 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
I find it funny how people list today's bad music and then say go listen to Foreigner or Def Leppard. Those are pretty horrible excuses for "music" as well.

In any case, there was lots of EXCELLENT music in 2007. Too bad most people don't look for music further than their radio dial.

The worst songs were all those Disney excuses for music- High School musical, Miley Cyrus, and the rest. I haven't heard the radio in about 3 years, but I'm assuming that Carrie Underwood released at least one single and that it was invariably mindnumbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music