Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 03:39 AM

8 posts, read 10,244 times

Advertisements

The heart of rock and roll is still beating, and from what I seen I am one of the greatest kings is here to speak to all of you. I didn't always call myself a king but I feel I earned my stripes enough to be up there with some of the greatest like Bruce Springsteen or Brian Wilson. I was very underrated during my time on the stage with The News. I go on tours still but they are at small venues most of the time.

So please tell me your imput, is yours truly one of the greatest rock and rollers ever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 05:50 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLewis View Post
The heart of rock and roll is still beating, and from what I seen I am one of the greatest kings is here to speak to all of you. I didn't always call myself a king but I feel I earned my stripes enough to be up there with some of the greatest like Bruce Springsteen or Brian Wilson. I was very underrated during my time on the stage with The News. I go on tours still but they are at small venues most of the time.

So please tell me your imput, is yours truly one of the greatest rock and rollers ever?
Not even close. Bruce Springsteen? Please, try Rick Springfield.

Plus your English sucks.

But hey at least psychopaths love you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzN3qO-qc8U

Old 07-15-2014, 06:33 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times
You were ok and as stated in your interviews your safe pop rock was your personal way of rebelling against the established San Francisco scene that came before you. Your music served its purpose as entertainment for blandized whitebread jabronies shopping at Kmart.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Not even close. Bruce Springsteen? Please, try Rick Springfield.

Plus your English sucks.

But hey at least psychopaths love you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzN3qO-qc8U
I really feel I was up there with all the best that's the thing. I found it hilarious literally when I found that my music was a favorite of a psycho character in a movie named Patrick Bateman but to say my music is liked by psychos is not a nice thing to imply.

And its a very snotty thing of you to comment on my English when I have only spoke English my whole life and I was writing well to you all the same. I am a good guy, and I just know I put out good music, period.

- Hip to be square

Old 07-15-2014, 03:02 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,323,105 times
Huey Lewis is actually a good guy, and this limp impersonation will be quickly forgotten.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
You were ok and as stated in your interviews your safe pop rock was your personal way of rebelling against the established San Francisco scene that came before you. Your music served its purpose as entertainment for blandized whitebread jabronies shopping at Kmart.
I have been told that I was more punk rock at the end of the day than a lot of the scenesters in the Bay Area. I mean you look today at that Bay Area scene, theres nothing to it. Yet you can go to NYC and still hear my music.

So what if some working class people liked my music or "bland" folks as you call them. I mean its not like some people weren't bland who liked anything "cooler" as well. I feel that you fall into a stream of uncertainty and you have been a follower as well. Just my opinion.

- Working for a living.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:06 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
If you are really Huey Lewis tell us something that would prove it.

What was your math score on the SAT?

Old 07-15-2014, 03:10 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
'The News' were pretty good, not sure who Huey was, wasn't he one of Donald Duck's nephews?

Old 07-15-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
If you are really Huey Lewis tell us something that would prove it.

What was your math score on the SAT?
When I did that song "Cruisin Together", I was with Gwyneth Paltrow. I was teaching her how to sing for the song and I maintained a pretty good friendship with her after that. It was a cover of Smokey Robinson and the Miracles and as a success story, me and Gwyneth managed to make it the best cover song of the early millennium.

I don't know why I have to prove a lot to you especially my math score on some SAT back many years ago. I mean what if I forgot?

Old 07-15-2014, 04:46 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
well if this is really Huey could you explain why "Picture This" is my favorite album and not the other ones?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music