Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 07:31 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times

Advertisements

to help me with weight loss, exercise and music to motivate me to improve my situation.

It doesn't have to be literal music like "go out and be great" or anything. Just music that makes you feel happy, or even angry? IDK I like some Eminem.

I'm 58 and coming out of a 7 yr period where I wasn't on the medication I needed to be on and gained lots of weight and basically have been sitting around like a brain dead zombie. (Seriously I feel like I lost 7 years of my life to idiot Dr., thankfully one finally came along, looked at my chart and said "why haven't you been on")
Even at my best though I'm pretty low key, serious, tend to be low energy and read a lot. I need to shake it up.

I am trying to maximize feeling better and I think music could be one part of that, although I haven't ever been more than a car radio greatest hits type I think some music on my phone and computer to keep me pumped up could be helpful.

Typically I would listen to 60s and 70s, the old hippie stuff But a lot of that isn't pumped up enough and I'm also a little tired of it.

Try to be open to all suggestions although hip hop/rap beat your b*tch stuff or f**k your ***** is a non starter. Its going to be hit or miss. Some silly pop songs makes me feel really happy for unknown reasons (Sugar Sugar by the Archies). I also don't know why I like some Eminem (mostly I'm not afraid).

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 01:05 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,158,411 times
Try youtube and search for Karen Mulder's "I am what I am" - yes, she is a former supermodel and I usually roll my eyes when they try to act or sing, but she actually is a very good singer and the song is a very happy and uplifting one. I discovered this song many years ago and sometimes I listen to it when I'm not having a good day.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:33 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
to help me with weight loss, exercise and music to motivate me to improve my situation.

It doesn't have to be literal music like "go out and be great" or anything. Just music that makes you feel happy, or even angry? IDK I like some Eminem.

I'm 58 and coming out of a 7 yr period where I wasn't on the medication I needed to be on and gained lots of weight and basically have been sitting around like a brain dead zombie. (Seriously I feel like I lost 7 years of my life to idiot Dr., thankfully one finally came along, looked at my chart and said "why haven't you been on")
Even at my best though I'm pretty low key, serious, tend to be low energy and read a lot. I need to shake it up.

I am trying to maximize feeling better and I think music could be one part of that, although I haven't ever been more than a car radio greatest hits type I think some music on my phone and computer to keep me pumped up could be helpful.

Typically I would listen to 60s and 70s, the old hippie stuff But a lot of that isn't pumped up enough and I'm also a little tired of it.

Try to be open to all suggestions although hip hop/rap beat your b*tch stuff or f**k your ***** is a non starter. Its going to be hit or miss. Some silly pop songs makes me feel really happy for unknown reasons (Sugar Sugar by the Archies). I also don't know why I like some Eminem (mostly I'm not afraid).

Thanks!
Well I am glad you are feeling better. I had similar issues, with feeling ill and not knowing why and it is horrible.

As to music, hmm. how about , Jamiroquai, Rudimental, Florence and the Machine..

Old 11-04-2014, 10:46 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music