Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 08:32 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,688,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
What you missed is the same old smoke and mirrors routine she's been giving the public for years. She sings about self acceptance all the while in concert she binds/corsets her thick waistline, pads and lifts her flat bum, and exposes her unnatural plastic baggies---which were bought and paid for. Not to mention her phony blonde hair and obvious alterations made to her face. Yeah, Madge, it looks like you need to take your own advice!

She's a 56 years old mother and potential grandmother who is still performing and dressing like she's twenty years old. It's not working for her. All through her performance, I kept thinking how she looked like an old woman trying too hard to be hip and sexy. Also, many of her movements reminded me of watching 70+ year old women trying to dance and look sexy. Yeah, not a pretty sight! Natural sexiness is something even a 70 year old woman wouldn't have to work too hard to achieve if she really is sexy! One thing became very clear: She is all smoke and mirrors!

Madge, it's time to either cover up and really accept yourself, or shut up. Move over and let the young people have the spotlight. You had your time. You are now obsolete, and look down right silly!
I agree, pj.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 09:49 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,082,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Glad to see Tom Petty rack up a bunch of Grammys this year.
Tom Petty was ineligible to collect any Grammy's from Sam Smith's wins. According to the VP of the Academy:

“Since Lynne and Petty did not do any new writing for this work, we are considering their original work to have been interpolated,” Bill Freimuth said, according to the Wall Street Journal. “Lynne and Petty will not be considered nominees nor will they be considered GRAMMY recipients, should the song win. Rather, they would be given certificates to honor their participation in the work, just as any other writers of sampled or interpolated work.”

He does still collect tons of money from the song!!

Old 02-09-2015, 10:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
I thought Madonna looks great for her age but the performance was horrible; as was her outfit. Compare her to Annie Lennox, who is not busy trying to look 25, and she was awesome.

Kanye is an a$$ but I loved the trio with him, Rhianna, and Paul McCartney. He should be banned from attending any further Grammy's, however.

I love Sia and the Chandelier Video - but that thing with Kristen Whig was just stupid. Sia needs a new schtick.

I watched back and forth with the Walking Dead so I'm sure I missed some stuff.

Sam Smith has a great song; but too many awards, IMO. There are no other young, up and coming artists? Come on.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:18 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
When Annie was on I said..."This is how it's done you 20 yr olds!"
Rather see her sing one song than MaDonna's whole entourage.

Now have you seen the quicky interview with Kanye?!!!

He seriously said Beck should give his award to Beyonce in the'' name of art!"
He was intense!
I hope Karsadian money doesn't squash the story...it should be on Ent. Tonight!
The announcer reporting said, "Well, he is a good singer."
Meaning, even tho he is a nut.

Yes, too many awards for Sam...he is ok ... the song was the winner.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:20 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,850,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I thought Madonna looks great for her age but the performance was horrible; as was her outfit. Compare her to Annie Lennox, who is not busy trying to look 25, and she was awesome.

Kanye is an a$$ but I loved the trio with him, Rhianna, and Paul McCartney. He should be banned from attending any further Grammy's, however.

I love Sia and the Chandelier Video - but that thing with Kristen Whig was just stupid. Sia needs a new schtick.

I watched back and forth with the Walking Dead so I'm sure I missed some stuff.

Sam Smith has a great song; but too many awards, IMO. There are no other young, up and coming artists? Come on.
The Kristen Wigg thing gave me the best laugh of the night.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:32 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,345,505 times
Annie Lennox as usual spectacular. Madonna really needs to go away.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:00 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
I have this problem. Every time I see Kanye West, I think he looks exactly like a human who has been turned into a parrot by an evil wizard. He looks like a dang PARROT and I expect him to sound like a parrot when he opens his beak, I mean... mouth. And, sometimes he does sound like a parrot. Then I'm convinced that he really is a parrot-human hybrid. That's disturbing. Why does he feel it's his place to interrupt the Grammys and put his parrot-y two cents in? He believes Beyonce' deserves to win and Beck doesn't. Okay, why does the parrot-man think anyone else cares?

I'm always amazed at the amount of windbaggery there is at the Grammys. The egos are just out of control. I think Annie Lennox is truly an artist. She doesn't rely on gimmicks.

Kristen Wiig can do no wrong in my opinion. I love her in every single thing she does. She's such a talented person.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:00 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
Quote:
Why are his actions NOT considered racist? Just imagine the outcry if it were the other way around (a white person going up on stage during a black person's win).

Old 02-09-2015, 11:05 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
What you missed is the same old smoke and mirrors routine she's been giving the public for years.
Quote:
I thought Madonna looks great for her age but the performance was horrible; as was her outfit.
I later saw her performance online, and wow, I thought it was great! It looked like a concert performance. The dancers did really well. The song was really good too.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:13 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Why are his actions NOT considered racist? Just imagine the outcry if it were the other way around (a white person going up on stage during a black person's win).
They were, no doubt about it. The problem is the industry is full of pus**** and they won't call the fool out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music