Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 08:31 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,065,255 times

Advertisements

No one has said Nickleback ?!?!?!
they must be slipping, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 06:32 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,222,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
A www, sorry to hear that. Love the Eagles. Maybe just not your generation? Too late or too soon...

Unfortunately, EXACTLY of my generation.

I was going to list a string of derogatory adjectives, but there's really no point. Suffice to say that I really can't stand their music.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:41 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,461,803 times
98% of any bands or artist who came out after 2000. No talent what so ever pure crap!

Would love to see these people do an unplugged CD it would show how bad they really are. No, audio tune no back up singers.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:48 AM

6,462 posts, read 8,145,949 times
Justin Bieber (I dislike the person more than his music).
Mariah Carey
Kesha

Old 07-20-2016, 07:06 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,436,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Coldplay, gawd they're awful.
I actually thought their first two albums were really good, but I do agree most of the stuff they've done since Rush of Blood has not been very good. Their latest in particular is really bad. It's interesting how Coldplay became really popular here in the U.S. while other far better U.K. acts like Elbow and Doves never did. Heck, even Blur never had nearly the success in the States as Coldplay, which is sad.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:38 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,064,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Bob Dylan. His voice is either whiny or gruff to mumbling. I don't like his songs, I don't get his popularity . When his songs come on the radio I change the station.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Bob Dylan is probably one of the biggest hacks that I can think of.... I have a friend that I talk about Dylan with, I actually don't mind him as much as Elvis Costello. I never usually hear Bob as I don't listen to music channels that would typically play his stuff, but the stuff I do hear by him doesn't grind my gears as bad as Costello, surprisingly enough.
Quote:
That's the standard stock canned answer that everyone says about Dylan.
Bob Dylan is an absolutely awesome writer. He is one of the extremely few artists who can write a song, that actually fits together in one long congruent story as opposed to a bunch of random lines that only fit together because they rhyme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I'm surprised nobody has said Justin Bieber.
Seems like it should be a given, but yes, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
Ugh, I also hate Coldplay. And like some others I also despise U2, I can't fathom wth it is about them that people think is so great.

On the other hand, I like Dylan. Of course I've heard all the "he can't sing" stuff before, lol. He grew on me after I saw him in concert a few times in the early 2000's, though, and his voice was in pretty good shape believe it or not. I've always wondered, though, how many people that complain about Dylan's singing still like Hendrix, AC/DC, Rush, Ozzy, and other bands/singers who don't sound that great.
You're my new best friend for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Coldplay, gawd they're awful.
+6.

Creed
Kanye West, (He is not a genius just because he keeps saying it). He comes across as an absolute moron.
Miley Cyrus

(I'll be back).

Old 07-20-2016, 09:47 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,307,769 times
The Beatles.

Absolute rubbish.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:44 PM

51,964 posts, read 52,413,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Bob Dylan is an absolutely awesome writer. He is one of the extremely few artists who can write a song, that actually fits together in one long congruent story as opposed to a bunch of random lines that only fit together because they rhyme.

Creed
Kanye West, (He is not a genius just because he keeps saying it). He comes across as an absolute moron.
Miley Cyrus

(I'll be back).

I was calling Bob a hack, I know he's not technically, to me he is, I just despise his singing. I've heard the same ol stories of him being a great writer, yeah, I guess, IDK.

In terms of personal dislike I think Kayne is probably the one guy in 30 yrs I can think of that is really a total A hole, I mean you hear stories of Gene Simmons being a putz or Axl being a demanding drama queen but nothing on the scale of sir douchbag Kanye

The thing is is that Kayne publicly makes an azz out of himself. Every time he turns around he's saying or doing something obnoxious, I just can't wait for him and his dumb vapid silly wife to JUST GO AWAY!!!!!

Our society is demented for following the likes of Paris Hilton or the Kardashians. I mean these people are famous for nothing, no talent, nothing and yet the American public slurps up every little selfie or twitter posts that Kim puts out.

I really just don't get it. At least follow people that do something, anything......

Old 07-20-2016, 12:46 PM

8 posts, read 6,132 times
Quote:
Anyone else have that one band or artist that you just can't ever ever get into or think just completely sucks???
Adele. I wish she'd shut up about that ex of hers

Old 07-20-2016, 03:42 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,065,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
I actually thought their first two albums were really good, but I do agree most of the stuff they've done since Rush of Blood has not been very good. Their latest in particular is really bad. It's interesting how Coldplay became really popular here in the U.S. while other far better U.K. acts like Elbow and Doves never did. Heck, even Blur never had nearly the success in the States as Coldplay, which is sad.
lol, yeah I just think "beige" when I think of Coldplay. Doves

Quote:
I was calling Bob a hack, I know he's not technically, to me he is, I just despise his singing. I've heard the same ol stories of him being a great writer, yeah, I guess, IDK.

In terms of personal dislike I think Kayne is probably the one guy in 30 yrs I can think of that is really a total A hole, I mean you hear stories of Gene Simmons being a putz or Axl being a demanding drama queen but nothing on the scale of sir douchbag Kanye

The thing is is that Kayne publicly makes an azz out of himself. Every time he turns around he's saying or doing something obnoxious, I just can't wait for him and his dumb vapid silly wife to JUST GO AWAY!!!!!

Our society is demented for following the likes of Paris Hilton or the Kardashians. I mean these people are famous for nothing, no talent, nothing and yet the American public slurps up every little selfie or twitter posts that Kim puts out.

I really just don't get it. At least follow people that do something, anything......
I think of Bob Dylan as a modern day poet. Lyrical genius.
Like Nick Cave. Those guys can write words, and turn a lyric. They don't have to be mind blowing vocalists, their talent and brilliance is in their words - IMO of course lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music