Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 10:50 AM

14,447 posts, read 20,627,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Who can name this one?

[vimeo]328242242[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/328242242
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
This one's for Square Peg, he better jump in before someone snaps it up!
Quote:
I think Square Peg mentioned this one a few pages back....

B.J. Thomas - Hooked on a Feeling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIIatdfg99k
Correct. Show me a photo of the type trophy you hoped for.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:58 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,126,894 times
Howard, I think you usually do just fine with the trophy, but in cases where lots of players chime in with the correct answer, like the Good Vibrations song, then those would be considered easy and undeserving of your best trophy. You gave Crown a nicer trophy than I recieved for a much harder puzzle, the BJ Thomas one (trophy was OK but shows bias and leaves you open for possible lawsuit like Dan Enright in that movie Quiz Show. I don't want that to happen to you. Your Name The Tune thread has gotten very big over the years, and you have already suffered enough litigation from YouTube, where they cut your nuts off last year, I can't afford good lawyers like they can, so you have no worry from me, but some rich guys like Crown or Square Peg might take it all the way, if you did that to them. You are in the big leagues now, no longer a small time operator, your thread will probably go into syndication someday, and all I want is a small percentage. We can talk about this later.

As for the trophy I should have got for Hooked On A Feeling vs what you gave Crown, I think this would be more appropriate....

Also, I wouldn't mind getting this one on rare occasions, when I deserve something special,

Old 04-15-2019, 05:20 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,043 times
This one has to be easy for most any follower of current pop, excluding myself. The song is on the radio still somewhat and has been for some time now.

Similar to Sia and Chandelier, solo female emotive catchy tune, soaring lyrics by this singer. Not hip pop by any means. Radio friendly and the type of song that will stay playing over and over in your inner ear.

Give me some options if you can and I will go plug them in yt and see what comes up. I will report back with the right answer.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
This one has to be easy for most any follower of current pop, excluding myself. The song is on the radio still somewhat and has been for some time now.

Similar to Sia and Chandelier, solo female emotive catchy tune, soaring lyrics by this singer. Not hip pop by any means. Radio friendly and the type of song that will stay playing over and over in your inner ear.

Give me some options if you can and I will go plug them in yt and see what comes up. I will report back with the right answer.
I have no ideas on options. The only music I listen to is 1955-1979. Anyone is able to start a new thread with more modern music. But they will need to patience and time to create the videos.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Howard, I think you usually do just fine with the trophy, but in cases where lots of players chime in with the correct answer, like the Good Vibrations song, then those would be considered easy and undeserving of your best trophy. You gave Crown a nicer trophy than I recieved for a much harder puzzle, the BJ Thomas one (trophy was OK but shows bias and leaves you open for possible lawsuit like Dan Enright in that movie Quiz Show. I don't want that to happen to you. Your Name The Tune thread has gotten very big over the years, and you have already suffered enough litigation from YouTube, where they cut your nuts off last year, I can't afford good lawyers like they can, so you have no worry from me, but some rich guys like Crown or Square Peg might take it all the way, if you did that to them. You are in the big leagues now, no longer a small time operator, your thread will probably go into syndication someday, and all I want is a small percentage. We can talk about this later.
The photos don't go to the next comment. The trophy you posted is the type I used for world records. Good vibrations was a new world record and for the Buddy Holly song and the one you solved the trophies were the same by chance. If you look at various threads you see dozens maybe hundreds of videos missing as YT can close a YT channel for any reason. I told why mine was closed. I created a video using a 45 rpm I owned, It was Zager and Evans. I used a still photo of the pair as the video part. Someone said the photo was copyright. I never check my gmail account so i never got the email referring to the photo. With no reply from me they closed the channel.
The thread is all fun and about old music. Maybe you could ask the mods to ask the administrators as to whether to lock and remove the thread and end the conflicts? See what they say.
I have no inclination that the members you name above care what small trophy they get.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Two seconds by a music icon.
Ooops I gave a clue it's not a group. But if you do not know it it doesn't matter.
Quote:
Glenn Campbell
Yes there are music icons like Glenn Campbell.
And there are MUSIC ICONS like .................

Only 1 second on #385

https://vimeo.com/328862079

Old 04-16-2019, 11:27 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,710,036 times
Quote:
Yes there are music icons like Glenn Campbell.
And there are MUSIC ICONS like .................

Only 1 second on #385

[vimeo]328862079[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/328862079
I do believe we have the same music icon here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfMnNqn-hKg

Old 04-16-2019, 04:36 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post

Some other clues : "And I said babe to the rescue ........and ends with " you cheat and your lies" this is like the chorus and is done 2 times or more. Again very recent and or popular on the radio. Again the lines above are sort of a close guess as to the real words , but picture a Sia type of songress performing. Pop and not hip pop. Really good female voice. Catchy as anything. Someone has to know.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I do believe we have the same music icon here....
Gentle On My Mind - Glenn Campbell
Since it was so easy the musical note is not gold plated but plastic.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:03 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,710,036 times
Quote:
Since it was so easy the musical note is not gold plated but plastic.
Atop a plastic thimble, no less.

But that's ok, Howard. I understand the pressures you're under. Plastic thimble or 24k gold medal, I play for love of the game....and the music.

I know that song and John Hartford were very dear to Glen Campbell's heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.