Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2017, 06:56 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times

Advertisements

Bravo Double H!

Oh no, howard - it sounds like the end of a song but I'm not placing it. I'm guessing it might be Tommy James cause you think I love them (and I do like lots of their hits). But even thinking its him, nothing is clicking yet. I'll let it marinate a while.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:07 AM

14,466 posts, read 20,644,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Bravo Double H!

Oh no, howard - it sounds like the end of a song but I'm not placing it. I'm guessing it might be Tommy James cause you think I love them (and I do like lots of their hits). But even thinking its him, nothing is clicking yet. I'll let it marinate a while.

Not Tommy James.
Too bad you do not personally know Neil Sedaka. You could call him since he knows the answer.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Not Tommy James.
Too bad you do not personally know Neil Sedaka. You could call him since he knows the answer.
Oh man I feel like a dope - I'm in the spoon fed clues category and still not getting it
It wasn't instantly recognizable so I started listening to some of ol' Neil's more obscure (to me) songs and found one that fit my meta thread here at music. So thanks for that - I did give you props for the inspiration

Will let this swim around a while and see where I land. I wonder if any of the others are out there playing along?

Old 06-10-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Oh man I feel like a dope - I'm in the spoon fed clues category and still not getting it
It wasn't instantly recognizable so I started listening to some of ol' Neil's more obscure (to me) songs and found one that fit my meta thread here at music. So thanks for that - I did give you props for the inspiration

Will let this swim around a while and see where I land. I wonder if any of the others are out there playing along?
It's not a Neil Sedaka song or a James Taylor song but they are clues. Tommy James is not a clue at all.

Old 06-10-2017, 02:47 PM

Ok, so putting clues together about Neil Sedaka, James Taylor, calling someone I know personally (a friend?)... makes me think of Carole King who worked with, and canoodled with (I think?), both of those guys. Carole is a girl and so am I - plus we have other things in common (like I love that Tapestry album). I think I've posted about that before - including recently since I was singing songs from Tapestry out in the streets of Louisville just last month! Also, Neil and Carole both were Brill Building musicians - but I wouldn't think JT was. Anyway, I'm stuck at Carole King, You've Got a Friend. That was a hit for JT but I just don't think that's the song. I listened to her version and it seemed like every part was more produced than that snippet you gave us. I'm stumped!

Old 06-10-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Ok, so putting clues together about Neil Sedaka, James Taylor, calling someone I know personally (a friend?)... makes me think of Carole King who worked with, and canoodled with (I think?), both of those guys. Carole is a girl and so am I - plus we have other things in common (like I love that Tapestry album). I think I've posted about that before - including recently since I was singing songs from Tapestry out in the streets of Louisville just last month! Also, Neil and Carole both were Brill Building musicians - but I wouldn't think JT was. Anyway, I'm stuck at Carole King, You've Got a Friend. That was a hit for JT but I just don't think that's the song. I listened to her version and it seemed like every part was more produced than that snippet you gave us. I'm stumped!
When I said too bad you do not know Sedaka I only meant that he knows the answer. Why he knows the answer is a clue. It's because he dated Carole King in high school as you have stated above. She also worked with James Taylor which you have stated. The two of you having things in common is only coincidence.
The tune to be solved is not You've Got a Friend. But you are getting warm and if you keep going you'll get it. If you leave all the clues you have given yourself above you'll get further away.

I'll give you one final clue from your own words above: see red above.

See if you can solve the very easy Name The Artist thread. It's very easy and it appears no one wants to play the game which is 100% fine. I can ask the moderator to have the thread locked.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:11 PM

Arghhh! Driving me batty! I think you left me a non-highlighted clue by saying I'd get further away. The first Carole King song I listened to today was So Far Away. But, again, it had more going on than that snippet. Ok I'm gonna let it go for a while again and then listen and give it another think.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Arghhh! Driving me batty! I think you left me a non-highlighted clue by saying I'd get further away. The first Carole King song I listened to today was So Far Away. But, again, it had more going on than that snippet.

"I'd get further away" was not a clue, it meant don't leave where you are.
The song is not "So Far Away" but you are literally standing on tune 128. If it was a gun you'd be dead.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
"I'd get further away" was not a clue, it meant don't leave where you are.
The song is not "So Far Away" but you are literally standing on tune 128. If it was a gun you'd be dead.
Oh. My. Gaaaaaawd! Where's Smackwater Jack with that shotgun when you need him?

The song in #128 is none other than...Tapestry by Ms. Carole King

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tH09QWyhekw

You guys must really wonder about me lol. Sorry! Phew. Next!

Thank you howard!

Old 06-11-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Oh. My. Gaaaaaawd! Where's Smackwater Jack with that shotgun when you need him?
The song in #128 is none other than...Tapestry by Ms. Carole King
You guys must really wonder about me lol. Sorry! Phew. Next!
Thank you howard!

I was going to post more audio from a different part of the song but did not need to.

Pay attention in the next few I may post one from a group I'd never heard of and I'm glad I'd never heard of them as they would not be in my top 2500 artists of all time but I might post it here, who knows, so be ready.

Here is one that HH may remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INBFHUBrDq4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music