U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2016, 07:06 PM

27 posts, read 20,764 times

Advertisements

so like i have an obsession with how music changed throughout the 20th and 21st centuries( i mean i know music goes back much further than that but still i have an intense interest on 20th and 21st century music i apparently) and im really into 90's to mid 2000's music. is it just me or has anyone noticed how the early 90's were still kinda 80's sounding( music and fashion) and this was like mabye 1990-mid 1992 then all the suuden the music got really grungy and R&Bish with the euro tech dance music and people would wear like flannel shirts and baggy pants and riped up stone wash jeans. this kind of lasted until like 1996 mabye? and then all the sudden around like 96/97ish the music got really bubblegum poppyish and and this lasted until 2001 like from 97-2001 you had the backstreet boys, and then your R&B got really bubblegum poppy, like with monica and toni braxton. toni braxton went from' for R&B to like really poppy R&B, like her songs "i dont want to" or "unbreak my heart" and monica's song " for you i will". and then as the the later ninties approached it turned into like brandy, monica, spice girls, and then when 1999 came, it was ALL bublegum poppy music, britney spears blew up in popularity, backstreet boys, nsync and chritina aquilera blew up in popularity and this continued until the 2001 with like more toni braxton, kandi, blu cantrell, mya and all that. then when 2002-2006 came music transformed from really poppy to really hip hoppy. am i the only one who notices this? i know its alot i just posted but im obsessed with music!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music