Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2017, 08:47 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,127,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
I wouldn't ground you for the 1973 version of Who's That Lady. I really do like that version far more than their 1964 version. I pull that CD set out every now and then and play just that song.
Well Jim, I wish you were my real dad and would let me post all the groovy songs I wanted in your threads, and would never try to get rid of me or torture me with thread locks, but instead, maybe take me to the junkyard and buy me an old '72 Chevelle that we fix up together in the garage, so I can get lots of chicks and be cool.... because I have Kevin Cronin playing dippy doo on the original factory installed 8 track player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gVVQyrnVyk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 10:43 AM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
I have Kevin Cronin playing dippy doo on the original factory installed 8 track player.
You can do anything you like. Oooops actually you already are.

Post anything you want. Post a groovy song every day, or every three days or whatever, and I can consider stop posting on this thread. The thread means nothing to me since I started it thinking it could be something unique and more challenging than the name the tune thread.

You can post off topic comments or extraneous links, etc.

Just do anything you want.

Remember the thread where you posted over 175 videos on only 5-6 pages? You did what you wanted and two different members who looked in recent weeks with high speed internet could not even load the pages there was so much spam. The pages would not even load on their computer systems.

--------------------------------
If this thread gets locked it won't be my fault.

You refuse to start your own thread for false reasons. Just ask me to no longer post on this thread. I'll gladly comply.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Those who do not like the content or the frequency have two choices:
Start their own thread or avoid this one.

Since they do neither
then their "intent" is clear.

The member who wants puzzles daily and the different member who wants to solve them daily are ruining this thread.

When they takeover this thread they may go takeover the other one.

This thread means more to you than it does to me. Go ahead and take it over. Enjoy.

Alternatively the forum needs a thread with multi clips (2-3) and you can then have them rated as to difficulty and type of content and you can give your own clues and it will be a blast.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:15 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,986,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
You can do anything you like. Oooops actually you already are.

Post anything you want. Post a groovy song every day, or every three days or whatever, and I can consider stop posting on this thread. The thread means nothing to me since I started it thinking it could be something unique and more challenging than the name the tune thread.

You can post off topic comments or extraneous links, etc.

Just do anything you want.

Remember the thread where you posted over 175 videos on only 5-6 pages? You did what you wanted and two different members who looked in recent weeks with high speed internet could not even load the pages there was so much spam. The pages would not even load on their computer systems.
Yeah, that's something that we are going to have to help mofford with. Because he doesn't realize that posting so many videos in one post is useless simply because the people that he is posting those videos for are not going to take the time to listen and watch all those videos. Unless of course, he is posting all those videos for himself... in order to show off how many songs that he knows about a topic. But if that's the case, then like Howard had said, all those videos slow down people's internet connections and interferes with people's pages loading on their computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post

--------------------------------
If this thread gets locked it won't be my fault.

You refuse to start your own thread for false reasons. Just ask me to no longer post on this thread. I'll gladly comply.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm. After reading that, I've been wondering about all the stuff that you have been saying over the last few days, mofford, about how Howard is going to clobber you if post a clue in this thread that he doesn't like.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:21 PM

4,858 posts, read 4,794,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Well Jim, I wish you were my real dad and would let me post all the groovy songs I wanted in your threads, and would never try to get rid of me or torture me with thread locks, but instead, maybe take me to the junkyard and buy me an old '72 Chevelle that we fix up together in the garage, so I can get lots of chicks and be cool.... because I have Kevin Cronin playing dippy doo on the original factory installed 8 track player.

mofford, if you keep playin' those videos for me I'll never get the 396 runnin' right.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:37 AM

^^^ Just wanted clarify, that photo was a selfie. The other half of me that was cut away was the part that took the picture.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:37 PM

Here's one from Howard's era, don't drink and drive, the results can be deadly.

The Screamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D59R...ature=youtu.be

Old 08-19-2017, 10:23 AM

This mid 60's party type song was banned on several stations for references to drinking and sex, very popular in the south, the song had been written a couple years earlier with little success, but charted well after the remake by this South Carolina group, they are still around and performed at a Bruce Springsteen concert several years ago. This song had a couple identical screams like above, which I find endearing.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:28 PM

A weak clue - a pendulum, stronger clue - two drinks

Old 08-20-2017, 03:14 PM

The action of a pendulum might help you with the group.

With the song title, the moderator has a distinct advantage in getting the two drinks clue.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:02 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
As the thread continues, remember to remain calm, respectful and on topic. And in case some of you are confused, the topic is not "insert semi random, often personal rants".
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music