Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 06:23 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,547,571 times

Advertisements

I can agree with the "WT" remark about her, but at the same time, I think she was unfairly criticized for her parenting skills or the lack thereof. I lost my son once at the mall; I turned to say "hi" to a friend I was meeting there for just a split second, and when I turned back around he was gone! (A security guard picked him up by the escalator, thankfully!) No matter how vigilant a parent you try to be, sometimes things happen.

Let's hope her divorce is the first step towards a more mature lifestyle... but if she's running around pantiless maybe I'm a little too optimistic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2006, 06:27 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo
;but if she's running around pantiless maybe I'm a little too optimistic!
Or maybe she is...LOL

Old 12-07-2006, 07:06 PM

4,781 posts, read 2,082,974 times
Do you think maybe she is just having some fun, after being in a bad marriage.
She just lost a bunch of weight and is probably trying to get some self-esteem back. I don't think her kids are being neglected since I'm sure she pays for the best sitters that are well monitored.
But soon,(I HOPE) she will discover that party life won't make her happy either.
Then, she will put her self together and be a great Mom.. All the good people in the world in need, and Fedx will be rich. Just because Brittany married him!
That guy has had $ signs in his eyes since the first day he met her.
Good luck B with the new chapter in your life ....................

Old 12-07-2006, 09:26 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,392,106 times
She's trash. Always has been and always will be. Her handlers have just reined in her trashiness from day one but in my opinion, THIS is the real Britney Spears. The virginal Southern-fried Mousketeer was the act, and a transparent one at that, and it's just now that the act is ending abruptly. I never understood why people made it seem like she was slumming by marrying Kevin Federline. If you ask me, they seemed perfectly matched. She bothers me for so many reasons.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:36 PM

8,940 posts, read 20,366,150 times
Well, if everyone talks "down" on Britney, then everyone has to talk "down" on Madonna, Cher and other singers. Look at what Madonna has worn on stage! And that very "revealing" outfit that Cher wore in her video on that U.S. Navy Ship. And, I read that, at one concert of the Jefferson Airplane (years ago), Grace Slick took off her blouse (no bra on) and proceeded with a concert.
And then, you have those "world famous" Chippendale dancers that so, so many women absolutely LOVE........and what do the wear onstage. And, look at the outfits that a lot of the NBA/NFL cheerleaders wear. A lot of flesh showing there!! Go to any Hollywood awards ceremony and you will see a lot of ladies showing a lot of "skin"........just the way it is nowdays.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:09 PM

613 posts, read 798,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Well, if everyone talks "down" on Britney, then everyone has to talk "down" on Madonna, Cher and other singers. Look at what Madonna has worn on stage! And that very "revealing" outfit that Cher wore in her video on that U.S. Navy Ship. And, I read that, at one concert of the Jefferson Airplane (years ago), Grace Slick took off her blouse (no bra on) and proceeded with a concert.
And then, you have those "world famous" Chippendale dancers that so, so many women absolutely LOVE........and what do the wear onstage. And, look at the outfits that a lot of the NBA/NFL cheerleaders wear. A lot of flesh showing there!! Go to any Hollywood awards ceremony and you will see a lot of ladies showing a lot of "skin"........just the way it is nowdays.
I agree with you LoveBoat....you knock one down, you knock'em all down.
I think she has discovered that she tried to grow up too fast and now wants to make up for it.

EXHDO1...I really don't care what she does....I was just curious at to what everyone else thought.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:19 AM

2,408 posts, read 14,392,106 times
I don't care at all about what Britney Spears wears. I don't think women dressing provocatively is offensive or immoral in the least and her being caught flashing the world (and it IS a "flash" not a "slip" when it happens so many times in such a short period of time; it was intentional) didn't really shock or bother me. What bothers me more than anything about Britney Spears in general is the fact that she seems like a complete idiot. I mean that seriously. I don’t know if it was the fact that she was involved in entertainment from a young age and not put through formal schooling (or it wasn’t given utmost importance since she was being trained to be a “star” rather than an academic) or what, but whenever I see her on TV or read an interview with her, I’m amazed by how completely vapid she is. She is just so clueless. All she knows of what to talk about are boys (and giggling while doing it) and tired cliches of “growing into a woman” and “being comfortable with my sexuality” and all that bull*****. It’s like her mind is in some 7th grade time warp. She can’t string a sentence together and just seems to have no clue of what is going on around her. I’ve seen and heard so many stupid quotes from her. One off the top of my head was when she was talking about her “newfound spirituality” in Newsweek and the reporter asked her if she studied Hinduism and she says “What’s that? Is that like Kabbalah”? You could fill a book with the ridiculous things she's said.

She just seems so unbelievably stupid to me. She smokes because as she put it, “I like the way it makes my voice sound”. She walks into gas stations barefoot (I know that’s tabloid-y, but I’m sorry, that just is so disgusting to me that I can’t let it go). She got married in Vegas as a “cry for attention” and has said that she didn’t even think of it as a real marriage and just wanted to “feel what it was like to be married”. She then proposes to a guy she’s known for three months A man who (at least according to his ex) was WITH someone at the time, who has a child with his ex and another on the way, an ex who financially supported him. RED…FLAGS….EVERYWHERE! Ugh. I’m sorry, but to me, she seems like such trailer trash.

Yet another reason she bothers me is the fact that she is so incredibly fake and generic. There is absolutely nothing remarkable about her. She can't write. She does not sing live and the voice on all of her songs are digitally altered. She's not any more attractive than any random LSU sorority girl who has a team of makeup and hair people at their disposal. She's not intelligent or a businesswoman in charge of her image like Madonna. She doesn't have a strong voice like Beyonce or Mary J. Blige. She's not musically inventive like Christina Aguilera or Shakira. She doesn't have any sort of social conscious that's been public like Pink or Sheryl Crow. Basically, you could go into trailer park in Opelousas and turn any girl into "Britney Spears" with a team of handlers, trainers and songwriters, and that bothers me. She has nothing original whatsoever to offer. Sure, I can appreciate some good pop candy and tap my foot along to "Toxic" and can give her credit for being a decent dancer and undoubtably hard-working while on tour, but that's all that she deserves any credit for. She has a lot of growing to do as a performer and as a person.

Did I really just write three paragraphs on Britney Spears? Gross.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:27 AM

30,324 posts, read 51,925,382 times
Default W.t. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I think the girl was and always will be...um......well...the initials are W.T.. Her first husband talked like this " Ah know I uhshoodna done it"....that tells you something... Then that no-talent Kevin Federline...I don't know what she was thinking. Now she's taken to wearing ultra short miniskirts with no underwear and being photographed getting out of cars with a ...well...let's just say... "feline" exposure... The woman is tacky tacky tacky. I don't really care what she does.
I second all of the above... and let me just say, PLEASE, somebody buy the girl some underwear!! We really don't need to be seeing that everywhere.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:30 AM

30,324 posts, read 51,925,382 times
Oh, and let me get something else off my chest... Paris Hilton is simply trash with money, proving that even billions can't buy class.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:54 PM

8 posts, read 7,892 times
Default Conservative values of America

I feel Britanny Spears is a real bad poor example for this country, she is a bad role model for kids, i feel that parents need to take the responsibilitys on not encouraging there young daughter not to dress like Brittany Spears and get into her styles. Its really bad how young innocent children arent being influenced by strong die hard right wing conservative politicians such as Ann Coulter, Newt Gingrich, Sean Hannity, Allan Keys or Michelle Malkam as role models but see real bigtime celebritie lowclass trash like Brittany Spears or Paris Hilton as perfect examples for this country like there heroes of America's Values. These are poor examples for our society to set bad values for America, the only bigtime celebritie who was a perfect example for our societys values was John Wayn who was a real true right wing conservative that believed in good conservative family values. No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music