Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 06:49 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,424,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramore Rox View Post
I cannot believe how judging people are today! Aside from the the one person who said they are a musician are ANY of you on MTV, are any of you on the soundtrack for the most popular movie right at this moment?? How about this can any of you say that you have performed a much loved song on any popular media?? Think before you post people NOT everyone agrees on things but try to keep the mean and petty comments to yourself it is just freakin rude!!
And your point is??? Brittney Spears is popular, The Jonas Brothers are popular, Limp Bizkit was popular, Hanson was popular. Does that make them good??? I think not. Most popular, mainstream musicians are not very good. Pararmore is just another MTV teenie pop punk band. If you like them, then more power to you, but not everybody is SUPPOSED to like what is force-fed to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 09:27 PM

9,761 posts, read 3,407,106 times
This thread is prob one of the funniest I've read.. I'm def lol.. but anyways just wanted to say that my (almost) 13y/o daughter is a big fan.. so... Go, Paramore! :-)

Old 03-03-2009, 10:27 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,491,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAMOREROCKS23 View Post
2 all u paramore haterz i have 2 say dat yall aint gt no lyfe!!!! Kuz paramore iz da best band ever in da whole wide world!!!if ya dnt lyk dem iz bcuz ya dnt noe wat music is!!!!
i t0taly luv 2 paramore haley iz so azm n lyk muh frundz @ skewl thk dey kewl 2 wich iz grt i hav bin 2 dey shuze n dey rok

Seriously they BUTCHERED U2s "Sunday bloody sunday" they deserve to fail at life.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:28 PM

9,761 posts, read 3,407,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
i t0taly luv 2 paramore haley iz so azm n lyk muh frundz @ skewl thk dey kewl 2 wich iz grt i hav bin 2 dey shuze n dey rok

Seriously they BUTCHERED U2s "Sunday bloody sunday" they deserve to fail at life.
Aww.. u r soo harsh..

Old 09-01-2009, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,520 times
You people are ****ing retarded. Whenever you see a commercial that has a band in it you assume their 'sellouts' and they do it solely for the 'money' when you know nothing about the band. Stop judging the book by its cover, and get to know the band before you assume false crap. I mean come on. You obviously judge only by vision. Paramore writes amazing music. Along with many bands. Listen to the whole album instead of just the singles like 'decode' and 'misery business'. You people discust me.
~Alternative Press

Old 09-02-2009, 12:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,542,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX448 View Post
You people are ****ing retarded. Whenever you see a commercial that has a band in it you assume their 'sellouts' and they do it solely for the 'money' when you know nothing about the band. Stop judging the book by its cover, and get to know the band before you assume false crap. I mean come on. You obviously judge only by vision. Paramore writes amazing music. Along with many bands. Listen to the whole album instead of just the singles like 'decode' and 'misery business'. You people discust me.
~Alternative Press
I don't watch tv (well, except for A&E, history channel, BBC etc.) so I had never actually seen a picture of Paramore when I first heard them. I heard a few songs off their last album and an acoustic set that was recorded by a friend of mine.

I wasn't impressed then, I'm not impressed now. Lyrically boring... musically boring. Threw their music aside and didn't think anything of it until someone mentioned them being popular and it caught me off guard. Their music isn't anything special or interesting to someone who knows what they're listening for. If you like em, great. Personally, I try to stay away from flash in the pan artists that contribute nothing interesting to music.

And yes... I do have a degree in music theory and composition and have played in many, many different bands. Not everyone's taste in bands is similar, some people are drawn to vocals, melody, beat etc. and enjoy listening to music that is strong in one of those areas. I don't look down on anyone who likes this band because they are poppy and cute and fun to listen too. Doesn't mean they're necessarily talented... but that's the great thing about music, you don't actually have to be good at it to make it big

Old 02-24-2010, 03:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,337 times
For all the people who said they are hear today and gone tomorrow, I still see them going really strong, with constant sold out tours, on the newspaper, getting nominations, getting platnium records...Hm what can that also mean?

Old 02-24-2010, 03:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
And your point is??? Brittney Spears is popular, The Jonas Brothers are popular, Limp Bizkit was popular, Hanson was popular. Does that make them good??? I think not. Most popular, mainstream musicians are not very good. Pararmore is just another MTV teenie pop punk band. If you like them, then more power to you, but not everybody is SUPPOSED to like what is force-fed to them.
The worlds gonna end now, oh no Paramore, your being horrible...these kinds of comments are generic too...wait no stop no! dont wanna hear it stop!

Old 02-24-2010, 04:41 PM

503 posts, read 708,590 times
i liked their first album.no not riot,all we know is falling.tat was pretty good.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,156 times
to all of you who say to hate paramore well go to hell because they are an awsome band. Also frist you should get to knowthem before you open your big mouth. And also if you are not going to say nothing nice dont say anything at all and dont judge a book by its cover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music