U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 12:33 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,801,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I feel like going out with my collar turn up in some acid wash jeans and buying me some Blue Berry Frankenstein cereal since they dont make Smurf Berry crunch anymore.

The 80's rock bands are realizing they can maybe earn a little more money for their retirement with those who grew up on them and have kids to enjoy the experience with them.

If Rush, the Cars, or YES come in town for concert I am so there.
Oooh, Smuf Berry crunch was sooo yummy!

You missed Rush in Raleigh, they played at Walnut Creek in June last year as part of their Snakes and Arrows tour, and we were there - it was an awesome show (they opened for themselves)!

You're in luck though, because they'll be in Charlotte (again) for the 2008 leg of the tour on July 20th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 12:39 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,143,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiblue View Post
You missed Rush in Raleigh, they played at Walnut Creek in June last year as part of their Snakes and Arrows tour, and we were there - it was an awesome show (they opened for themselves)!

You're in luck though, because they'll be in Charlotte (again) for the 2008 leg of the tour on July 20th.
I caught the Raleigh show last year - up close in front of Geddy. The latest round of the tour starts Friday in Puerto Rico, then on to Florida. I'm flying down to Ft. Lauderdale Sunday to catch the show there. Can't wait.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:04 PM

282 posts, read 754,708 times
Quote:
Everybody Go WanG Chung Tonight
hehe....Has anyone actually SEEN Wang chung recently?????

hahahahahahaha....

that's one thing I love 80's revival concerts....out of shape, often balding, men and women in their late 40's wearing skin-tight leather pants or jeans, singing about their teenage Angst....

Oh come on...now THAT's entertainment.....

Last edited by RaleighBoundGeek; 04-09-2008 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-09-2008, 01:05 PM

305 posts, read 627,482 times
Quote:
If Rush, the Cars, or YES come in town for concert I am so there.
Add ELO to that 70s rock lineup and I'm the first in line!

But those 80s shows in Cary don't sounds bad at all. Duran Duran was practically the Beatles of the 80s... and as raleighdave said, how can one go wrong with ABC? "The Lexicon of Love" was 80s pop at its best!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:48 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,756,842 times
Who broke my heart?

You did, you did

Bow to the target

Blame Cupid, Cupid

You think you're smart

Stupid, Stupid

Shoot that poison arrow through my heart...

Old 04-09-2008, 02:24 PM

306 posts, read 1,169,031 times
Oh the horror! It appears that the Triangle area is a hotbed for eighties revivalists. Snowpea is mortified by this turn of events.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:39 PM

1,835 posts, read 4,088,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
I caught the Raleigh show last year - up close in front of Geddy. The latest round of the tour starts Friday in Puerto Rico, then on to Florida. I'm flying down to Ft. Lauderdale Sunday to catch the show there. Can't wait.
Uh-oh, DW-a Rush fan? I had no idea (why should I have?)!

The Raleigh show last year was my 42nd since 1980-guess that makes me a bit of a Rush fan too. I'm going to Mohegan Sun and Charlotte this summer.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:50 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,143,636 times
Yeah, my musical taste are pretty varied. Lots of people have picked up on the Grateful Dead influenced username (but also a State grad and fan of George RR Martin, so it has a triple meaning). But Rush is one of my long time favorites. You've got me beat with the number of shows. I probably catch 2-3 shows a tour going back to Power Windows. Hope to catch Charlotte this leg, too.

As for 80s bands, I'd like to see some of the better 80s Alternative bands do a tour together - The Cure, Depeche Mode, Jane's Addiction, Pixies, Smiths, etc. . I can dream, can't I?

Old 04-09-2008, 02:51 PM

149 posts, read 463,614 times
love rush! never been to a show, but would love to!

Old 04-09-2008, 03:02 PM

3,155 posts, read 9,573,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpea View Post
Oh the horror! It appears that the Triangle area is a hotbed for eighties revivalists. Snowpea is mortified by this turn of events.
LOL!!! I feel your pain. I was in high school & college in the 80s so I do like 80s music.... every now and then. But not constantly like I've been exposed to here!!! There have been previous posts about local radio stations being afflicted by the 80s so I won't go there. But I know Snowpea knows what I'm talking about.

BTW, someone said that the 80s have been hot for the last 10 years. While that might be true here. In some places the 80s died in Dec of 89. And low and behold there is 18 years of "new" music to prove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or