U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-15-2009, 09:17 PM
 
13,140 posts, read 36,049,482 times
Reputation: 12082

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I didn't know Simple Minds were still making music! Fantastic, will look for them in the future. Great band , "Glittering Prize" was always my favourite of theirs
Yeap i admit i'm terrible at knowing the new bands so instead i follow my 80's/90's groups and see who's still producing as infact in May 2009 Simple Minds has another new release titled ''Graffiti Soul''. I wish i could get some music video clips from ABC's latest album ''Traffic'' as i love that 2008 release and it's good to see Martin Fry is still the lead singer on the band.

Anyway i'll depend on you to keep me schooled up on the new tunes by Duran Duran .

 
Old 03-15-2009, 09:21 PM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
22,859 posts, read 21,928,648 times
Reputation: 27927
:::I push open the saloon doors to the music room....pause, and cast a wary eye around the joint::: I stand over the juke and scan the recent selections....

...fish some change out of the pocket of my worn Levi's....

:::I throw back my head, but ironically, only quietly laugh:::

I realize what's different about the place tonight.........It's missing MadAtMcCain...

I silently feed coins into the machine......finally make a selection....

:::Ha!........not surprised, no Brendon Massei I chuckle softly, knowingly, to myself and choose another:::::::::


YouTube - Viking Moses - Jones Boys
 
Old 03-15-2009, 09:28 PM
 
Location: the sticks
791 posts, read 1,251,780 times
Reputation: 547
I just finished watching PinkFloyd-DarkSideoftheMoon concert from 1994 on PBS - D-a-y-a-m, what a piece. Turn it up
 
Old 03-15-2009, 10:20 PM
 
4,248 posts, read 5,325,543 times
Reputation: 10287
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Yeap i admit i'm terrible at knowing the new bands so instead i follow my 80's/90's groups and see who's still producing as infact in May 2009 Simple Minds has another new release titled ''Graffiti Soul''. I wish i could get some music video clips from ABC's latest album ''Traffic'' as i love that 2008 release and it's good to see Martin Fry is still the lead singer on the band.

Anyway i'll depend on you to keep me schooled up on the new tunes by Duran Duran .
Just because you asked . This is from the "Red Carpet Massacre" album which is their latest. They are writing another album as we speak apparently....


YouTube - duran duran - falling down OFFICIAL VIDEO
 
Old 03-16-2009, 02:10 AM
 
Location: in Music Forum w/feeling or Metal
2,051 posts, read 8,971,137 times
Reputation: 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
:::I push open the saloon doors to the music room....pause, and cast a wary eye around the joint::: I stand over the juke and scan the recent selections....
...fish some change out of the pocket of my worn Levi's....

:::I throw back my head, but ironically, only quietly laugh:::

I realize what's different about the place tonight.........It's missing MadAtMcCain...

I silently feed coins into the machine......finally make a selection....

:::Ha!........not surprised, no Brendon Massei I chuckle softly, knowingly, to myself and choose another:::::::::


YouTube - Viking Moses - Jones Boys

Viking Moses
- Little Emmas Smile

YouTube - Viking Moses - Little Emmas Smile

:: hears Me name called... leaves group still dress from the 60s... open-toe sandals... fringed-suede vest... bold striped
bell-bottoms... indian print shirt... owl tinted wire-frames...
and loosely tied macrame belt.... walks in direction of a new
song played... that leads me toooooo.... GERANIA! LOL! ::

:: swaggers into bar and heads straight over to her... eyes
smiling :: Hey there Flowers! (sees flowers when I say your
name... ) ... :: gives a quick hug then checks what they
have... ::

I'm looking forrrr... :: hides smile :: that Southern
Missourian Brendon Massei... lets see.... Woot! You're playing
him! ... come on...


YouTube - Viking Moses - Jones Boys


:: gently grabs you by the arm and drags you over to line
dance! :: Lets go! :: heel toe... heel toe... hehehe ::


lol (was thought too noisy over here so hang out mainly at
thread w/feelings now) :-)

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 03-16-2009 at 02:25 AM..
 
Old 03-16-2009, 08:02 AM
 
13,140 posts, read 36,049,482 times
Reputation: 12082
Culture Club (1999)


YouTube - Culture Club - I just wanna be loved
 
Old 03-16-2009, 08:48 AM
 
4,248 posts, read 5,325,543 times
Reputation: 10287
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post

I met Boy George once at the Neon Cafe at Bondi beach (my spiritual home), he had the most beautiful green eyes I have ever seen and the suit he had on was to die for. How's that for some name dropping?


YouTube - boy george & culture club - move away
 
Old 03-16-2009, 09:04 AM
 
13,140 posts, read 36,049,482 times
Reputation: 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I met Boy George once at the Neon Cafe at Bondi beach (my spiritual home), he had the most beautiful green eyes I have ever seen and the suit he had on was to die for. How's that for some name dropping?


YouTube - boy george & culture club - move away
That would have been cool to have met him as i imagin he is a trip. I don't know where that beach is (Bondi) but i always heard that Gold Coast is the best for surfing and beaches in general for Australia yes/no?? Also isn't that where the highest skyscraper is located? (90 plus stories)
 
Old 03-16-2009, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
43 posts, read 78,913 times
Reputation: 113
The Pogues - Dirty Old Town
YouTube - pogues - dirty old town

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQ_a...eature=related

Last edited by Västkusten; 03-16-2009 at 09:40 AM..
 
Old 03-16-2009, 10:03 AM
 
4,248 posts, read 5,325,543 times
Reputation: 10287
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
That would have been cool to have met him as i imagin he is a trip. I don't know where that beach is (Bondi) but i always heard that Gold Coast is the best for surfing and beaches in general for Australia yes/no?? Also isn't that where the highest skyscraper is located? (90 plus stories)
Bondi (pronounced: bond-eye) is in Sydney NSW. I managed a hotel there in the mid 90's. It's a very popular tourist attraction. A city beach, very fashionable. Surfers Paradise is on the Gold Coast in Queensland, I've spent a fair bit of time there and I lived on the Sunshine Coast (just north of the Gold Coast) just last year. I'm no expert on surfing in Australia, but I believe the best surfing is at places like Bells Beach in Victoria, I could be wrong though


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT3kL...eature=related

Last edited by Lady Ice; 03-16-2009 at 10:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top