Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:38 PM

3,531 posts, read 2,595,018 times

Advertisements

Posted this before but I just wanted to make sure it`s not you..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 01:38 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,105,895 times
Although I like them now, but when I was a kid I would say most songs by Led Zeppelin.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:40 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
This sounds weird, but the Harry Nilsson song, Remember, used to scare the tar out of me. They used it in this local HS tv show called Beyond Our Control and when the piano started they used some clip from a film where the camera panned in on a grave and as Harry started singing, the grave lit up. Ok ok, I was like 5 years old, but I'll always associate that song with that lit up grave and I can't listen to the song without getting chills ... I'm 40 you guys! I think they used the song in You've Got Mail and I swear, I had to turn the volume down as soon as I heard the piano ...

so there.

Last edited by domergurl; 04-23-2008 at 06:24 PM..

Old 04-23-2008, 01:47 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missncr View Post
Although I like them now, but when I was a kid I would say most songs by Led Zeppelin.
Even better... Iron Man by Black Sabbath. I'm sure most of their first album would have spooked the hell out of me if I had heard it as a young kid... I think I was about 12 when I first heard their first album, and even then it was kinda spooky even if I was too old to really be "scared" by it.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:11 PM

152 posts, read 335,343 times
Quite a few Pink Floyd songs scare or at least disturb me. The ending of "Gold Dust Woman" by Fleetwood Mac where Stevie is moaning at the end is a bit chilling, but not scary. Another that scares me is "Silent Running" by Mike and the Mechanics. It sounds like he's talking about some cosmic war and the end of the world or something. And the melody makes it creepier. But I still like the song. Also, "Thriller" is defiinitely a scary song and so is the video. It scared me as a kid and still creeps me out now. For me, anything related to dead people coming to life just sends chills up my spine.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:18 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times
I used to get freaked out by The Doors "Riders on the Storm" part of the song that goes:
"There's a killer on the road. His brain is squirming like a toad." I think we had some serial killer in the area around the time that song came out so it would freak me out bad!!

Old 04-23-2008, 04:05 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
I used to get freaked out by The Doors "Riders on the Storm" part of the song that goes:
"There's a killer on the road. His brain is squirming like a toad." I think we had some serial killer in the area around the time that song came out so it would freak me out bad!!
Yes!!! Again, when I was a child ... had to be before I was 5. My parents took me to the park to play tennis with them and they heard there was a big fire down the road, so we drove there to look at the fire and Riders on the Storm was playing on the AM radio. It was a hot summer evening and we stood outside with the car radio playing. God, you all are spooking me. I remember hearing the guitar solo while watching the flames ... ugh, I'm going to have bad dreams tonight.

And Braindamaged scared the snot out of me when I was young and stoned, listening to it for the first time in headphones with that crazy cackling in the background ... fuh-reeekyyyy!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 04:12 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
D.O.A. by Bloodrock (1971)

"We were flying low and hit something in the air"

Lyrics to D.O.A. By Bloodrock @ Lyrics Hot Spot.com - Find Your Favorite Songs. (http://www.lyricshotspot.com/song.php?sid=57158&aid=2205 - broken link)

Don't forget the siren effect...

Old 04-23-2008, 05:10 PM

187 posts, read 674,839 times
Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" gave me the willies when I was little. Sounded like a lynch mob to me. Other songs that creeped me out were Pink Floyd's "Hey You" (if only for the part that goes, "And the worms ate into his brain . . . ") and the Stones' "Paint It Black" (I took the line "I look inside myself/ and see my heart is black" quite literally).

By contrast, I loved Black Sabbath, especially "Iron Man". I can also remember dancing around to "Venus In Furs" by the Velvet Underground when I was four. Odd, that.

Oh, and this Lou Reed video scared the crap out of me when I was little:
YouTube - no money down

Old 04-24-2008, 09:40 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
Posted this before but I just wanted to make sure it`s not you..

Oh my god, where did you get that p- ........... I mean, why no, that isn't me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music