U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 02:22 AM

6,775 posts, read 4,373,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post

I think that XTC (and their side project, Dukes of Stratosphear) are freakin' brilliant.
I'd vote for them going in the HOF Sgt Rock says he'll help too.

Old 10-31-2019, 03:45 AM

1,294 posts, read 524,754 times
Agreed fully with 2X3X29X41 (can’t rep you again yet).

Re XTC, agreed, they’re great and I’d love to see them in the RRHoF. But yeah, that’s highly unlikely. Andy Partridge, along with Elvis Costello and Robyn Hitchcock, were IMHO the finest songwriters from that musical style and period.

Edit: add Nick Lowe if expanding to four.

Last edited by bachslunch; 10-31-2019 at 04:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 08:26 AM

9,054 posts, read 6,389,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachslunch View Post
  • Pat Benatar
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Depeche Mode
  • The Doobie Brothers
  • Whitney Houston
  • Judas Priest
  • Kraftwerk
  • MC5
  • Motörhead
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Soundgarden
  • T.Rex
  • Thin Lizzy
There are nine first-timers on the ballot. Depeche Mode, Judas Priest, Kraftwerk, MC5, Nine Inch Nails, Rufus featuring Chaka Khan, and Todd Rundgren have been nominated previously.
Those previous nominees should stay that way, though Todd Rundgren is closer to considerable than the rest.

Pat Benatar, Doobie Brothers, and Whitney Houston are automatics. T. Rex is a strong considerable.

Old 10-31-2019, 10:10 PM

2,931 posts, read 1,116,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
aaaaaaah ABBA (they deserve to be there)
Not in a rock hall of fame.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:34 AM
Status: "Realizing my Cat is more intelligent than most C-D posters" (set 5 days ago)

387 posts, read 387,790 times
Whomever gets in....I hope they can equal the acceptance speech of Alex Lifeson of RUSH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i2ZbJnkFEY

Old 11-01-2019, 02:15 PM

865 posts, read 1,227,846 times
Im hoping Thin Lizzy gets in. I think that band is highly underrated. Their records are so good and Phil Lynott is so iconic. After that, Depeche Mode. Talk about a group that made electronic music a vehicle for teen angst and disenfranchisement. I think Motorhead deserves it too. Not a fan, but their influence in punk and metal is undeniable. Im surprised Biggie is there, when there are so many hip hop artists that deserve it more like BDP/KRS-1 or Eric B and Rakim. I love NIN and Soundgarden, but wouldn’t mind if they don’t make it this time around. Although I think Soundgarden will get in just as a tribute to Chris Cornell. Same reason I think Biggie is in that list. As for the others, I really don’t care.

Old 11-01-2019, 03:44 PM

3,541 posts, read 3,323,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachslunch View Post
  • Pat Benatar
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Depeche Mode
  • The Doobie Brothers
  • Whitney Houston
  • Judas Priest
  • Kraftwerk
  • MC5
  • Motörhead
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Soundgarden
  • T.Rex
  • Thin Lizzy
There are nine first-timers on the ballot. Depeche Mode, Judas Priest, Kraftwerk, MC5, Nine Inch Nails, Rufus featuring Chaka Khan, and Todd Rundgren have been nominated previously.
Kraftwerk
Whitney Houston

These are the only ones on that list that are (should be) complete locks to get in. The others......well.......we'll see.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:00 PM

9,054 posts, read 6,389,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Not in a rock hall of fame.
Of course ABBA belongs there....and so does Madonna. More so than a dozen or two or three other inductees.

Are there people in there who make you scratch you head? Of course! But if you set out to fix that, you sure wouldn't start the weeding with ABBA or Madonna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or