Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:22 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,433,837 times

Advertisements

I would have to say Freddie Mercury even tough I'm not a big fan of those big, over-the-top arena rock type shows. I was watching some concert on VH1 classic over the weekend...Queen live from Wembly or something and I was almost blown away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 12:36 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Recognize this frontman?
My guess is Steve Perry of Journey.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:43 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Ok, I'd like to say this is a hands down but the truth is, there are just too darn many fantastic frontmen/women. My pics; Jim Morrison--nobody could captivate an audience like the lizard king and keep'em guessing even 40 years past his departure. Also, Bono of U2, very charismatic. I'd say Elvis but he wasn't a front man, he was a lone ranger with an entourage. David Coverdale of Whitesnake and earlier, Deep Purple, very underrated, imo. He's what Robert Plant wishes he was. I've seen him and U2 in concert. Great shows.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:20 AM

990 posts, read 1,725,522 times
Default best front man

Paul Rodgers had a great voice. Freddy Mercury came to mind first. Mick Jagger,Steven Tyler,and of course my personal favorite, Paul McCartney with Wings(I don't know if you can consider him a front man though.)

Old 04-06-2009, 10:39 AM

1,036 posts, read 1,820,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
My picks:

Queen-Freddy Mercury...hands down

Freddy Mercury, hands down.

Live at Montreal, 1981 and Live at Wembley, 1986 are by far the best Live concerts I have ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
I was watching some concert on VH1 classic over the weekend...Queen live from Wembly or something and I was almost blown away.
I agree with you. It was the greatest concert. The whole huge Wembley stadium was chock-full of fans.
I'd like to add there are many songs by Queen that were deliberately created for stage performance. Take for example 'Radio Ga-Ga', 'We Will Rock You' and 'We Are The Champions' that's why it's great to see live performance of Queen.
Besides, Freddie had the greatest artistic skills that's why he is the best front leader for me ever.

Last edited by FlashM; 04-06-2009 at 11:18 AM..

Old 04-06-2009, 09:08 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Well I was surprised to see it take 8 pages to mention Bruce Springsteen and the E street Band
That is a distinctive voice.
Seems Mick J
Steven tyler
Freddie M
Seems it is hard to say Paul or John for the Beatles but both were outstanding, guess I would have to give it to Paul
Belinda Carlisle - Go-Go's
Boy George
There really are so many notable performers.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:48 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The A-Team View Post
Abbath is definatly one of the best of all time!

Heh heh, wow, a vote for Immortal?

I actually saw them at a mid sized club several years ago (99 or so must have been the "At the Heart of Winter Tour") and they were great. I love extreme metal but really chuckle at the whole "Black Metal" getups some of these guys wear but Immortal pulled it off.

Immortal is one of those bands that I sometimes don't know why I like them but I do. So sloppy and cheesy but they were great live.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:45 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times
Since most every good frontman from the classic rock era has been mentioned I will go with a few 90's people.

Anthony Keidis (sp?) Red Hot Chili Peppers (while Im on that might as well add Flea)
Eddie Vedder - Pearl Jam (saw he was mentioned once earlier)
Zach De La Rocha - Rage Against The Machine
Korn's lead singer
Chris Robinson - Black Crowes
Chris Cornell - Audioslave, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog
Scott Weiland - STP

Old 04-22-2009, 06:06 PM

137 posts, read 424,319 times
Ian Curtis- Joy Division

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSYv6...eature=related

Last edited by greatmuta; 04-22-2009 at 06:29 PM..

Old 07-04-2009, 10:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,835 times
Billie Joe- Green Day
Axl Rose- Guns N Roses
Ozzy
Robert Plant- Led Zeppelin
Corey Taylor- Slipknot
David Lee Roth- Van Halen
James Heptfield- Metallica
Randy Blythe- Lamb Of God
Roger Daltrey- The Who
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music