Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:21 PM

3,531 posts, read 2,593,311 times

Advertisements

New Phil Campbell album. Released on 28th. I`ve heard some of it and will get my copy Monday..
YouTube - philcampbelluk's Channel

Last edited by LINCOLNSHIRE; 04-26-2008 at 12:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 12:18 AM

37 posts, read 144,302 times
Caveat: I listen to VERY little music. I have 176 songs in iTunes and that is ALL of my music.

That being said, The Dawnseeker by Sleepthief is gorgeous and lush. Additionally, there's a single mix version of one of the tracks from it that I bought from iTunes even more recently: "Eurydice (Underworld A Capella Mix)". I cannot get enough of this song!

On the other hand, if "purchased but not yet received" counts, then it would be Rarities, B-Sides and Other Stuff, Volume 2 by Sarah McLachlan. I've heard most of the tracks on it from other sources, but suffice to say, it's Sarah McLachlan.

V

Old 04-27-2008, 01:02 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,131,824 times
176 tunes? Good Lord. I honestly cannot conceive. Right now I have 2,000 songs on mine and the only reason I don't have 4 or 5 times that much is because I alternately don't have the time or the money to load it up with more, but there are soooo many more artists out there that I aim to investigate.....

....I seriously cannot conceive of how it is possible to have so little interest in music.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:27 AM

37 posts, read 144,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
176 tunes? Good Lord. I honestly cannot conceive. Right now I have 2,000 songs on mine and the only reason I don't have 4 or 5 times that much is because I alternately don't have the time or the money to load it up with more, but there are soooo many more artists out there that I aim to investigate.....

....I seriously cannot conceive of how it is possible to have so little interest in music.
I also stopped watching TV seven years ago, though I've caught bits and pieces here and there, and I see very few movies anymore, especially at the theater. Electronic media just doesn't interest me like it once did, especially since it's gone so downhill. These days, I'd rather read, go on hikes and run trails. (That said, I am listening to 10,000 Maniacs right now while posting this. "Our Time in Eden" is a spectacular album.)

V

Old 05-02-2008, 12:58 PM

3,531 posts, read 2,593,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
New Phil Campbell album. Released on 28th. I`ve heard some of it and will get my copy Monday..
YouTube - philcampbelluk's Channel
Well I got my copy on Monday..Not quite worn out yet but getting there..
The next new one will have to be ruddy good to come close to this!! Or maybe it`s just been my mood this week...
Take a listen...

MySpace.com - Phil Campbell - London, UK - Rock / Country / Americana - www.myspace.com/philcampbellmusic

Old 05-02-2008, 01:03 PM

634 posts, read 2,921,587 times
The last CD I bought was Dreaming Out Loud by OneRepublic

but the best one I recently bought was Hannah Montana/Meet Miley Cyrus CD

Old 05-02-2008, 04:54 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nl2134 View Post
Outkast - Aquemini

One of my favorite rap groups of all-time, although I might like ATLiens and Stankonia more...

Has it been that long since you bought a cd? ha ha j/k. Aquemini is one of my favorite albums for any genre. I never get sick of it even though Ive rocked it for 10 years.

To the OP... Radiohead In rainbows. Best album Ive heard in very, very, very long time.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:23 PM

468 posts, read 1,636,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Has it been that long since you bought a cd? ha ha j/k. Aquemini is one of my favorite albums for any genre. I never get sick of it even though Ive rocked it for 10 years.
haha nope! I got it back in October actually and I've been listening to a ton of it since. I love Return of the G - Spottie, but then my car CD starts skipping...damn.

I came to post in this thread that I bought four more discs yesterday.

My pick of the pack? Scarface - The Fix.

Definitely my favorite rap album of all-time...

Old 05-03-2008, 03:34 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,655,327 times
I just bought the new Whitesnake album, the new Def Leppard album and the new Black Crowes album. All excellent rock music if you like that genre. I certainly do!!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 06:23 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,531,817 times
It has been along time since I bought a cd. But one I absolutely love and can listen to time and time again is Fumbling Towards Ectasy by Sarah Mclachlan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music