Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 12:39 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,077,203 times

Advertisements

If you like it check out this Youtube station I found. This guy has full albums and 560 songs of heavy metal on his page. Great stuff!!!

YouTube - DaniloHenriqueSouza's Channel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 03:16 PM

395 posts, read 1,540,798 times
ME!! ME!! ME!! Thanks I will check that out. My favorites though are the hairbands.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:40 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,100,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
If you like it check out this Youtube station I found. This guy has full albums and 560 songs of heavy metal on his page. Great stuff!!!

YouTube - DaniloHenriqueSouza's Channel
I love old 1980s metal, I like the heavier metal bands like Maiden, Saxon, Krokus, Priest, Motley Crue (their first two albums) and Dio, I consider that being metal.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:04 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,474,352 times
Love it...and compared to music nowadays they actually had talent!

Old 05-21-2008, 07:23 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,606,623 times
MeTal, yEAH!
I posted my professional pics of 80's hair metal bands/backstagers in the Los Angeles thread, as that's my home base.
If you don't think there's good metal nowadays, check out Lamb of God, video for "Redneck" on Youtube.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:00 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
MeTal, yEAH!
I posted my professional pics of 80's hair metal bands/backstagers in the Los Angeles thread, as that's my home base.
If you don't think there's good metal nowadays, check out Lamb of God, video for "Redneck" on Youtube.
Whoa - please don't use Lamb of God as an example of "good metal nowadays." That is one horrible band and a great example of how metal "sucks nowadays". There is a lot of good metal still being produced - but not by Lamb of God. Such a horrible sound compacted by a talentless vocalist. Ick.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:02 AM

There may be metal around today...somewhere. But it's sure not everywhere it used to be! I think the hardest thing on MTV now is like Nickelback or something

Old 05-22-2008, 07:11 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,947,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
There may be metal around today...somewhere. But it's sure not everywhere it used to be! I think the hardest thing on MTV now is like Nickelback or something
There is a lotta good metal around today, but yea you gotta look for it...for those who do, we DEFINITELY find it

The 80's were a great time for metal! Many bands of different genres of Metal, from standard heavy metal, black metal, thrash, death metal....lots of good bands! A few examples of excellent metal bands from the 80s(bands that started/played in the 80's(some very late 80's), some still going strong today!): Venom(lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll!!!!! ;D), Testament, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Darkthrone, Mayhem, Bathory, Deicide, Autopsy, Mercyful Fate, Kind Diamond, Megadeth, Pungent Stench, soo many more! (I know a lot of those bands weren't really huge throughout the 80s (though some were for sure), but the others are bands that got their start in the 80's and their styles reflect this). Bands like Motorhead(hell yea!!!) didn't start in the 80's(Motorhead for example started in the mid 70's), but released some of their best music during that period, making them a strong part of 80s metal as well!

Old 05-22-2008, 07:22 PM

I guess I was more into the mainstream metal than the death metal type stuff you mentioned.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:36 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,947,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I guess I was more into the mainstream metal than the death metal type stuff you mentioned.
Yea thats quite common lol. Its one of those things ya gotta find yourself, and you'll find a quite large and vibrant community, otherwise you'll probably never even know it exists. Not that there was anything wrong with the mainstream metal (MUCH better than mainstream music nowadays IMO) but many of the less known bands on a mainstream level were IMO much better, more creative, and many have lasted(many i mentioned are still writing and releasing new albums today) longer than some of the mainstream ones. Also, some of the mainstream ones tried to stay in the mainstream and ended up sucking lol, just look at what happened to Metallica. On the other hand, you can listen to Darkthrone's newest album, "F.O.A.D." and they're still as awesome as they used to be. Of course, they even use older sounding recording etc to achieve a very oldschool sound, as they always have. Venom also still rocks lol, but their first two albums, "Welcome to Hell"(1981) and "Black Metal"(1982, one of the best metal albums of all time, and they coined the term "black metal", thought of by many as setting down the foundation for the black metal style, which bands like Bathory really expanded on a couple years later with their self titled album "Bathory"(1984).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music