Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2008, 10:30 AM

25 posts, read 80,875 times

Advertisements

Sheesh

Sorry to say...But the Carter 3 is prolly Waynes WORST album he's put out...I know it's the worst out of the "The Carter" collection for sure.

Quote:
People sleep on Jeezy. It's the "young" they equate him to young dro and the other non-rappers with a tag line name
I wouldnt use Young Dro for that type of example...Because with only one album out, He's not far from Young Jeezy and can actually make a pretty good song.

And Shawty Lo is NOT a rapper...He's in the game with a gimmick and raps like he just got done having a asthma attack.

With all that said...

Bone Thugs
Lupe Fiasco
Joe Budden
Nas
Jay-Z
Ray Cash
Common
Kanye West
T.I.
Ludacris
Outkast
B.O.B.
Killer Mike
The Game
UGK (RIP Pimp C)
Slim Thug
Scarface
Beanie Sigel
Styles P
Cam'Ron (only Purple Haze Album)
YoungBloodz (85 south their best song)
Redman & Method Man
Royce Da 5'9
Obie Trice
Rick Ross (he's decent)
Kid Cudi
Young Buck (one of the best current rappers in the south)
Joell Ortiz

im sure there's more...but oh well

Old 07-05-2008, 10:51 AM

210 posts, read 1,139,408 times
The south is dominating mainstream rap today. I'd say like 40% of Mainstream rappers are from Atlanta and the rest are from Houston, New Orleans, St. Louis, Memphis, and a few from Brookyln or Chicago.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:18 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,055 times
Does this still count?

Bone Thugs N Harmony - Ghetto Cowboy

YouTube - Bone Thugs N Harmony - Ghetto Cowboy

I like Bone and Outkast. Ohio owns.

Last edited by the_pines; 07-05-2008 at 11:38 AM..

Old 07-06-2008, 10:11 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami305Kid View Post
The south is dominating mainstream rap today. I'd say like 40% of Mainstream rappers are from Atlanta and the rest are from Houston, New Orleans, St. Louis, Memphis, and a few from Brookyln or Chicago.
I don't know what's up with Southern rap these days tho, especially Florida. Every time I dare to turn on the radio all I hear is some garbage from some local wanna-bes. I swear if I hear that "shone on deck" song one more time my head is going to fall off. Do people not realize that's NOT a good song?

Old 07-06-2008, 10:14 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I don't know what's up with Southern rap these days tho, especially Florida. Every time I dare to turn on the radio all I hear is some garbage from some local wanna-bes. I swear if I hear that "shone on deck" song one more time my head is going to fall off. Do people not realize that's NOT a good song?
We live in a world where Britney Spears can sell 80 million albums. Evidently a lot of people wouldn't know a good song if it pinched them on the arse and called 'em Toots.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gotmypassword View Post

I wouldnt use Young Dro for that type of example...Because with only one album out, He's not far from Young Jeezy and can actually make a pretty good song.
The only song I know from Young Dro is Shoulder Lean - plus I always get him confused with Young Joc.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:03 PM

145 posts, read 435,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
Plies is GARBAGE

i dont like any songs by him
my homie has his mixtape
i cant understand what hes saying

I love Plies. I think he's more for women then men though. I don't like how he's got all these lil tenny boppers singing on his tracks though i hate the bust it baby remix with neyo, the orginal was wayyyyy better. My favorite so far has been ms. pretty ***** by far

Old 07-10-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingTheSunshine View Post
I love Plies. I think he's more for women then men though. I don't like how he's got all these lil tenny boppers singing on his tracks though i hate the bust it baby remix with neyo, the orginal was wayyyyy better. My favorite so far has been ms. pretty ***** by far
Ms. Pretty ***** was the dumbest song ever - if I liked any of his songs it would be got em hating and i like the beat more than him

Old 07-11-2008, 07:31 AM

146 posts, read 224,223 times
You cant blame Lil Wayne for the carter 3, it was the first album he made actually writeing all his rhymes....yup i said it! lil wayne admitted to having ghost writers for the carter 1 and 2...with that being said I like, Kanye, The Ghetto Boys, Jeezy, Common, almost anything that is chopped and screwed, Outkast, Three 6 Mafia. Dr. Doom, Bone, Gucci Mane is alright, Busta Rhymes, Pappose, Cassidy, and all of D-BLOCK.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Disciple View Post
You cant blame Lil Wayne for the carter 3, it was the first album he made actually writeing all his rhymes....yup i said it! lil wayne admitted to having ghost writers for the carter 1 and 2...with that being said I like, Kanye, The Ghetto Boys, Jeezy, Common, almost anything that is chopped and screwed, Outkast, Three 6 Mafia. Dr. Doom, Bone, Gucci Mane is alright, Busta Rhymes, Pappose, Cassidy, and all of D-BLOCK.
I loved chopped and screwed music - well not really. They call it chopped and screwed here but I've heard some of Lil Flip's chopped and screwed and it's different. In Florida, it's just really slow so it sounds like it's dragging but they don't do that thing where it sounds like it's skipping. Maybe it varies by location
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music