U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-22-2008, 09:24 AM

12,153 posts, read 10,043,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
so i still dont see a grown ass man telling a 17 year old to go suck a ****
to be age appropiate
Neither do I...plus I never liked Ice-T as a rapper.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 07:51 AM

543 posts, read 616,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Neither do I...plus I never liked Ice-T as a rapper.
Ice-T is straight gangsta rap. Plus I don't like his music - it's cool when some rappers use the rock and roll as a background like Trick did with lets go or party like a rock star but Ice-T music reminds me of headbanging

Old 06-23-2008, 01:52 PM

762 posts, read 1,140,581 times
eminem freestyles

YouTube - Eminem - Mystikal Dis Freestyle

and

YouTube - Eminems sickest Freestyle ever!!! must See!!
that last freestyle he did on a radio show called sway and king tech i think

Old 06-26-2008, 01:40 PM

543 posts, read 616,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
eminem freestyles

YouTube - Eminem - Mystikal Dis Freestyle

and

YouTube - Eminems sickest Freestyle ever!!! must See!!
that last freestyle he did on a radio show called sway and king tech i think
I heard he's working on an album now...i wonder what he's going to talk about since being poor white trash is no longer a problem for him I did like superman tho the beat was crazy

Old 06-26-2008, 04:51 PM

762 posts, read 1,140,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLater View Post
I heard he's working on an album now...i wonder what he's going to talk about since being poor white trash is no longer a problem for him I did like superman tho the beat was crazy
superman's one of his best songs

Old 06-26-2008, 05:32 PM

2,955 posts, read 4,733,779 times
Quote:
Hasn't he made a bunch of albums since he's been rich?
Even back in the 90s he had moved on from talking about the problems with being white trash to the problems with being a famous white rapper...

Old 06-26-2008, 10:42 PM

7,950 posts, read 8,699,118 times
Rap was great in its time. Some of my favorite, most memorable songs from 1998-2007 were rap, but its starting to get stale. Its hard to believe after almost 20 years of the stuff its still going strong. Sometimes I will still listen to rap, but more and more I listen to top 40 and music from the '80s and '90s. Maybe I am just getting older.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Hasn't he made a bunch of albums since he's been rich?
Even back in the 90s he had moved on from talking about the problems with being white trash to the problems with being a famous white rapper...
Yeah, I'll never forget how people got mad when "I Am" came out because he made the comment about not owing the fans anything. I agreed with him; if it's a concert or appearance - okay fine. Ask for an autograph, but when you see them out with their families - leave them alone.

I really liked Stan and Without Me. I think I liked the video for Without Me more than the actual song though - the whole Batman and Robin thing cracked me up.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,913,111 times
I hate that a lot of it takes songs of old and ruins them for me.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
I hate that a lot of it takes songs of old and ruins them for me.
I like when they simple the music and keep some of the words from the bridge or chorus like with Jay-Z "Song Cry" and almost all of Kanye's songs sample something. But I hate when they try to remake songs like Lil Romeo did with Parents Just Don't Understand and I Can Tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music