Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2008, 01:18 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,675,720 times

Advertisements

I agree with everything listed below. The majority of the top rappers are garbage, cant even dress normal. Pants falling off , give me a break. I feel much safer going to a rock concert then a rap concert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Why do people hate rap?
"Gangsta"Ghetto Mentality
Violent Lyrics
Materialism(Bling,Rims,Grills).
Offensive to Women(I know Rock does this but not even close to Rap)
Ripping off old Songs
Promote a Criminal Lifestyle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 01:24 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,925,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLater View Post
I do too - Kick Push was one of the best songs I've heard in a long time
I like Lupe also, "streets on fire" and "the cool" are awesome songs, the guy is a lyrical genius!!!!

Old 06-17-2008, 02:57 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,313,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzwell View Post
Personally speaking....it is entertainment and indeed requires talent to perform correctly. However, I don't consider it music. More of a form of poetry with a beat behind it. That is when you strip all the bling away. Consider.....Gil Scott Heron....Small Talk At 125th & Lenox.
So poetry doesn't require talent? okay if you say so

Old 06-17-2008, 03:49 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,397,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Did I not say it requires talent to perform correctly?

Old 06-17-2008, 05:34 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,722,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzwell View Post
Personally speaking....it is entertainment and indeed requires talent to perform correctly. However, I don't consider it music. More of a form of poetry with a beat behind it. That is when you strip all the bling away. Consider.....Gil Scott Heron....Small Talk At 125th & Lenox.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:11 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,765,155 times
Rap is annoying, they all grab themselves, wear their pants down to the knees, no talent, don't like it, it needs to go.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:17 PM

812 posts, read 2,300,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWJERSEY1 View Post
Not everyone does, however. You ask someone why they hate rap, and they are all like, "oh because they talk about guns and killing people, they say slurs, and they degrade women" They cannot seem to come up with a reason that hasn't already been said. What they don't realize is that not ALL rap and hip hop talk about those things: love, struggling to make it and be somebody, earning respect, mouring someone (i.e. diddy's tribute to notorious B.I.G. & big pun's tribute) anyone's opinion is greatly appreciated, including people that dislike rap. HOWEVER, please give me a reason that hasn't already been said .... Also, rapping requires much talent. To those who think rapping requires no talent at all, let's see you try! It requires much thought, writing structure, flow, and excellent lyricism. See don't let guys like Soulja Boy fool you into thinking rap requires no such talent at all. Those guys are NOT rappers. They are entertainers. There's a difference between a true rapper and a entertainer.
Has the thought occured to you that maybe everyone say's the same thing because the majority of the people feel the same way? I used to enjoy 50 Cent till I bought his cd and listened to the lyrics. Sorry, It was good music and he can actually sing, His lyrics are degrading to women. He does have talent and doesn't know how to use it. I'm a 45 yr. old woman who isn't even ethnically anywhere what you'd expect to listen to his music, I'm totally not against 50 till I heard the content of his lyrics.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:18 PM

812 posts, read 2,300,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
I agree with everything listed below. The majority of the top rappers are garbage, cant even dress normal. Pants falling off , give me a break. I feel much safer going to a rock concert then a rap concert.

Oh and I agree. the clothing, pants falling off is totally unacceptable!

Old 06-17-2008, 10:02 PM

539 posts, read 1,799,250 times
It's kind of funny what is considered "fashionable". We used to "slab" our pants back in the day too. The difference was that it was out of neccesity. By the middle of the school year we would have grown a bit and would have to pull our pants a little lower, so as not to be "flooding". An oversized shirt (easily obtained from one of the many hand-me-downs) was needed to play it off. The super short haircuts we had to have because we couldn't afford to maintain our shags (a black version of the mullet) or gherri-curls. Jeans and white tee-shirts - same as today, they were cheap and if one had a few, it could be made to look as if we had many. We wore Dickies because they were cheap and wouldn't wear out quickly - not in order to seem "gangster". It's kind of funny that our old poverty fashion is now seen as high (street) fashion.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:32 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,675,720 times
Default Rap sucks

Exactly. I have no interst in their music nor their bottom. Like i said before they are just a bunch of punks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
Oh and I agree. the clothing, pants falling off is totally unacceptable!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music