Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2011, 05:42 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
What does my race have anything to do with the discussion? I mentioned one hip hop artist who didn't relate to your comment and you couldn't come up with anything to link him to. My race had nothing to do with it.
I knew you would dodge the question. You don't know what you are talking about OR who is IN CONTROL of Hip Hop. I dont give a rats ass about Mac Miller man......he is not on the radio, he has nothing to do with what I said. LISTEN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Name a hot CURRENT rapper and I can trace him back to the SKULLS....name one...
Keyword HOT CURRENT Example....LIL Wayne, Rick Ross, Ace Hood, Wale, Waka Flocka, Fabolous, Wiz Khalifa, Kanye West, Drake, Nicki M....All hot, because they are in league with the SKULLS. What does Mac Miller have to due with this people, you say he doesn't even have a deal....cmon man.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:37 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Quote:
I knew you would dodge the question. You don't know what you are talking about OR who is IN CONTROL of Hip Hop. I dont give a rats ass about Mac Miller man......he is not on the radio, he has nothing to do with what I said. LISTEN.
Yes he has hit radio with Donald Trump... #19 currently on iTunes Top Hip Hop tracks but make up whatever excuse you want since I obviously broke your "Skulls" theory. Here is another for you: Tech N9ne. Both the songs He's a Mental Giant and Westcoast Choppers have hit radio stations. Newest album debut #4 on Billboard's Top 200.

Quote:
Keyword HOT CURRENT Example....LIL Wayne, Rick Ross, Ace Hood, Wale, Waka Flocka, Fabolous, Wiz Khalifa, Kanye West, Drake, Nicki M....All hot, because they are in league with the SKULLS. What does Mac Miller have to due with this people, you say he doesn't even have a deal....cmon man.
The "SKULLS"... what a bogus idea...

Did you realize that Baby, who owns Cash Money (i.e. the label Lil Wayne, Drake, and Nicki Minaj), is the father to Lil Wayne? Why wouldn't a father try to give their son all the pushing they need? Note this label produced plenty of records before gaining the attention and agreeing to distribute through a major label.

Did you realize that Lil' Wayne raps on millions of tracks? Based on this fact, no wonder he appears on the radio constantly. He not only raps on hip hop tracks, he raps on r&b, pop, and rock tracks too.
Currently played recent tracks featuring him that I can think of off the top of my head:
Spoiler
Lil' Wayne - How to Love
Lil' Wayne - John
DJ Khaled - I'm on One (feat Lil Wayne)
Kelly Rowland - Motivation (feat Lil Wayne)
Young Jeezy - Ballin (Feat Lil Wayne)
Rick Ross - 9 Piece (Feat Lil Wayne)
Chris Brown - Look at Me Now (feat Lil Wayne)
Jennifer Lopez - I'm into you (feat Lil Wayne)
Porcelain Black - This is What Rock and Roll Looks Like (Feat Lil Wayne)
Enrique Iglesias - Dirty Dancer (feat Lil Wayne)

Did you realize that DJ Khaled, a Miami DJ/Producer, launch careers of alot of people including Rick Ross and Ace Hood? You can also thank him for you hearing tons of tracks by the guys you listed.

In case you weren't aware... Fabolous hasn't been hot for years. Ace Hood and Wale I wouldn't consider as Hot artists either.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Yes he has hit radio with Donald Trump... #19 currently on iTunes Top Hip Hop tracks but make up whatever excuse you want since I obviously broke your "Skulls" theory. Here is another for you: Tech N9ne. Both the songs He's a Mental Giant and Westcoast Choppers have hit radio stations. Newest album debut #4 on Billboard's Top 200.

The "SKULLS"... what a bogus idea...

Did you realize that Baby, who owns Cash Money (i.e. the label Lil Wayne, Drake, and Nicki Minaj), is the father to Lil Wayne? Why wouldn't a father try to give their son all the pushing they need? Note this label produced plenty of records before gaining the attention and agreeing to distribute through a major label.

Did you realize that Lil' Wayne raps on millions of tracks? Based on this fact, no wonder he appears on the radio constantly. He not only raps on hip hop tracks, he raps on r&b, pop, and rock tracks too.
Currently played recent tracks featuring him that I can think of off the top of my head:
Spoiler
Lil' Wayne - How to Love
Lil' Wayne - John
DJ Khaled - I'm on One (feat Lil Wayne)
Kelly Rowland - Motivation (feat Lil Wayne)
Young Jeezy - Ballin (Feat Lil Wayne)
Rick Ross - 9 Piece (Feat Lil Wayne)
Chris Brown - Look at Me Now (feat Lil Wayne)
Jennifer Lopez - I'm into you (feat Lil Wayne)
Porcelain Black - This is What Rock and Roll Looks Like (Feat Lil Wayne)
Enrique Iglesias - Dirty Dancer (feat Lil Wayne)

Did you realize that DJ Khaled, a Miami DJ/Producer, launch careers of alot of people including Rick Ross and Ace Hood? You can also thank him for you hearing tons of tracks by the guys you listed.

In case you weren't aware... Fabolous hasn't been hot for years. Ace Hood and Wale I wouldn't consider as Hot artists either.
You dont have a clue what you are talking about. This post proves my point. We listen to different radio stations. Fabolous & Wale get TOO MANY spins on the station I listen to. You mentioned Tech 9...so you are the race I assumed you were. Khaled did not put Rick Ross on, Trick Daddys label Slip N Slid did. Baby is not Lil Waynes dad man...Lil Wayne is a hard worker, but he still SAYS the same things everyone else says. Nothing new. Nothing NEW is allowed, unless it is connected to the SKULLS lol. You still dont know who the SKULLS are huh? Sorry man but you have no clue what you are talking about. LOL @ Tech 9 being on urban radio with the likes. One thing I will say about Tech 9...he is a hard worker too, BUT he gets no play in the hoods, hood clubs or urban radio. Maybe in the midwest...but out here in my region hell no. You dont know as much as me about hip hop, past & present.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
You dont have a clue what you are talking about. This post proves my point. We listen to different radio stations. Fabolous & Wale get TOO MANY spins on the station I listen to. You mentioned Tech 9...so you are the race I assumed you were. Khaled did not put Rick Ross on, Trick Daddys label Slip N Slid did. Baby is not Lil Waynes dad man...Lil Wayne is a hard worker, but he still SAYS the same things everyone else says. Nothing new. Nothing NEW is allowed, unless it is connected to the SKULLS lol. You still dont know who the SKULLS are huh? Sorry man but you have no clue what you are talking about. LOL @ Tech 9 being on urban radio with the likes. One thing I will say about Tech 9...he is a hard worker too, BUT he gets no play in the hoods, hood clubs or urban radio. Maybe in the midwest...but out here in my region hell no. You dont know as much as me about hip hop, past & present.
DJ Khaled = DJ from Miami's 99 Jamz (one of the most popular stations in a large market) since 2005 on the most prime listening hour. Slip N Slide is a record label based out of Miami, FL. Rick Ross was signed by them in 2006... Even more evident on Khaled's 2006 release "Listennn" (album release months prior to Ross' premiere), Ross is featured 3 times. hmm... coincidence... I think not.

Lil' Wayne was 9 years old when he started producing music with Bryan Williams i.e. Baby of Cash Money. When I reference Father, I reference the action of being a Father. For example, there are plenty of guys that step in and become a father figure to a kid that is not biologically theirs. This is what I meant by the claim.

Last I checked, our conversation was about your crazy "Skulls" theory, not whether a rapper was "hood" worthy. As Tech N9ne and "urban" radio, he has been in rotation on both Hip Hop Hits (XM 44) and Shady 45 (XM 45) both which are listed as Urban radio stations. Again, your theory is busted.

Here is another artist for your Skulls Theory: Tyler the Creator. He is up for Music Video of the Year on MTV Music Awards. Crazy, huh. Maybe he isn't "hood" enough either since it is another case of a guy blowing up without a major record label behind him that breaks your "Skulls" theory...

Old 08-01-2011, 10:07 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,622 times
Quote:
DJ Khaled = DJ from Miami's 99 Jamz (one of the most popular stations in a large market) since 2005 on the most prime listening hour. Slip N Slide is a record label based out of Miami, FL. Rick Ross was signed by them in 2006... Even more evident on Khaled's 2006 release "Listennn" (album release months prior to Ross' premiere), Ross is featured 3 times. hmm... coincidence... I think not.

Lil' Wayne was 9 years old when he started producing music with Bryan Williams i.e. Baby of Cash Money. When I reference Father, I reference the action of being a Father. For example, there are plenty of guys that step in and become a father figure to a kid that is not biologically theirs. This is what I meant by the claim.

Last I checked, our conversation was about your crazy "Skulls" theory, not whether a rapper was "hood" worthy. As Tech N9ne and "urban" radio, he has been in rotation on both Hip Hop Hits (XM 44) and Shady 45 (XM 45) both which are listed as Urban radio stations. Again, your theory is busted.

Here is another artist for your Skulls Theory: Tyler the Creator. He is up for Music Video of the Year on MTV Music Awards. Crazy, huh. Maybe he isn't "hood" enough either since it is another case of a guy blowing up without a major record label behind him that breaks your "Skulls" theory...
That Yonkers video is insane!

Old 08-01-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
That Yonkers video is insane!
Agreed.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:11 PM

650 posts, read 1,326,921 times
I've grown tired of rap, other than my favorite artists I'm not really checking for anything "hip-hop" lately. Diehard Hip-Hop heads are the worst, so are the basic rappers that are so repetitive. I don't even like talking aout hip-hop. Give me BoB, Nicki Minaj, Shawnna, Lupe Fiasco, Big Sean and a few others and I'm good.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:15 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,257,171 times
I don't hate rap. I don't care for it and therefore don't listen to it, but that's different than hating it.

I mean, I would hate it if someone was blaring it outside my window at 3 am; but then I would hate it if someone was blaring bluegrass outside my window at 3 am, too, and I love bluegrass.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:20 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
I think really... I mean really, too many folks are sick of hearing what they deem as angry irresponsible black men playing the victim while toting the race card, yelling about what they dislike about an oppressive covertly racist country. And that is as you explain, as legitimate as it may be, only a small part of what rap is about. Fact is, it sounds too black for people who barely want anything to do with black culture, or the guilt it insinuates, unless it is profitable. From a distance that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music