Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 10:16 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,940,625 times

Advertisements

Motley poo is still making hard rock music. I like classic rock, pop & country but not the hard rock stuff like ac/dc, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 10:22 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,046,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Motley poo is still making hard rock music. I like classic rock, pop & country but not the hard rock stuff like ac/dc, etc.
whaaat!?

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution - YouTube

Old 02-15-2012, 04:03 PM

1,101 posts, read 1,209,107 times
Finland has always been country of hard rock and here is exsample how young genaration steps forward.
Song is old, from 1980s, orginally made by "Sleepy Sleepers".
Sorry about lanquage of lyrics but message is this: Hard rocks comes,hard rock kills, nobody dont plays Abba anymore (Abba was on top when this song was done)

Best part is inteview of this dude:
Question: What is important for rock star?
Answer: Clothes and attidude, also you must know how to come and to be rock star.
And after song:
Q: When you decided to came rock star?
A: Long time ago,when I was only five years old.
Q: And how old you are now?
A: Six.

Roni Aaron & Sleepy Sleepers - Hevi tulee hevi tappaa - YouTube

Here is orginal song, "Sleepy Sleepers and Tina Tiger" from year 1982
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5dJ94LJyzY

Last edited by UserFinn; 02-15-2012 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: Forgot link

Old 02-15-2012, 07:53 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,379,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Everyone knows hard rock/metal took a plunge when grunge hit in the..
90's.With new stuff from motley crue,extreme,def leppard,dokken,etc
Can hard rock make a comeback?
I know the harder metal w/ cookie monster vocals is basically the..
Only popular form of metal now.
Will rock radio even give these older groups any airplay?
At some point, the world will de-pussify and stop listening to that hipster garbage. Metal is still there though...you just won't find too many good metal acts on your average radio station...you've got to seek it out through other means, which is easy since all of us here have access to the internet.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:58 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,447,549 times
I agree with dragonborn. I think its hilarious when somebody post AC/DC or Motley Crue being "heavy". Times have changed, heavy metal has evolved, those bands are hard rock. I dig Into the underground for true music, musicians that have Passion for what they play and do it for the love of the genre, not for the mass radio drone. Gorgoroth, Satyrcon, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir..that's metal. And if you think AC/DC is heavy, you better plug your ears and hold your bible cuz metal is here to stay and true fans will seek it out and support it. It's a lifestyle. 35yo headbanger til death.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:57 AM

4,409 posts, read 9,094,956 times
I have been patient. But, I will now speak out! I am so tired of these machismo alpha probably Republican Santorum type males speaking out and whining about Nirvana ruining their precious metal! Just go stick it!

Old 02-16-2012, 07:20 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,759,229 times
I'm a Megadeth fan, but I'm losing respect for Mustaine:

Rick Santorum Endorsed By Megadeth Frontman Dave Mustaine

Old 02-16-2012, 09:24 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,518,032 times
Some would say we are in a new golden era of metal. It is out there, you just have to look for it. A lot of great prog-metal bands with great musical chops are killing it right now: Opeth, Mastodon, Intronaut, Ghost, Dysrhthmia (sp?), Baroness, High on Fire, Clutch, Neurosis, etc. I think that Metal Evolution guy even calls it "The New Wave of American Metal." (although obviously some of those bands listed are not American).

Old 02-16-2012, 09:45 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,601,854 times
I grew up listening to metal and hair bands. Ity has gotten very boring, redundant and almost like a three ring circus thanks to any metal star who appears on reality television. I look at it as a joke anymore.

That said. I will still on occasion listen to it, but have broadened my tatses and listen to indie rock, alternative, new wave, classic rock, etc.

Will it come back? Probably not. (Thanks a lot Ozzy, Ted, Dee, Vince, Bret, Gene, Sebastian, and whoever is next.)

Old 02-16-2012, 09:56 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,433,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelord75 View Post
Some would say we are in a new golden era of metal. It is out there, you just have to look for it. A lot of great prog-metal bands with great musical chops are killing it right now: Opeth, Mastodon, Intronaut, Ghost, Dysrhthmia (sp?), Baroness, High on Fire, Clutch, Neurosis, etc. I think that Metal Evolution guy even calls it "The New Wave of American Metal." (although obviously some of those bands listed are not American).
How could exclude the best of prog-metal... Between the Buried and Me.

I know this is old but still will respond to it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76
Everyone knows hard rock/metal took a plunge when grunge hit in the..
Grunge faded out and you were still left with solid heavy music (better IMO). Hardcore Punk for me ruled directly after with bands like Hopesfall and Poison the Well.

Quote:
Can hard rock make a comeback?
It never went away.

Quote:
I know the harder metal w/ cookie monster vocals is basically the..
Only popular form of metal now.
It isn't. Plenty of bands still rock non-screams. Some big examples... Black Tide, Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Lacuna Coil, Volbeat, Black Veil Brides, etc.

Quote:
Will rock radio even give these older groups any airplay?
Clear Channel (i.e. most of your modern rock radio stations) is obsessed with old grunge i.e. Alice in Chains and their knockoff Godsmack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music