Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 07:08 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
I'm not much of a country fan, but I watched because I dig Taylor Swift. And Kid Rock.
While I'm sure it wasn't a big draw for the traditional country fans, his performance of All Summer Long was the highlight for me - and the main reason I watched at all.
Timm what you witnessed is yet another rocker switching sides.

Way back when no one liked country, rock welcomed some country stars. Dolly Parton and Charlie Danials comes to mind. Both brought a country song to rock and roll stations and not only were they accepted but they went on to make number one hits on rock radio.

Today no more rock is being mass produced but so many of the old time rock stars are being welcomed by country music fans everywhere. I think it is awesome !!!

Last years CMAs Jon Bon Jovi rocked the house as well as The Eagles. Hell even Robert Plant did a country song that got plenty of radio play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 01:48 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times
I would've loved to have seen Toby and Trace win an award. I cannot stand Sugarland. Jennifer's voice bugs me. I'm also not a fan of Rascal Flatts. It seems that whatever most country fans like, I don't.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:00 PM

180 posts, read 748,614 times
Does anyone know the name of the song Trace sang at the CMA's last night? I only caught part of it.

Thanks

Old 04-06-2009, 09:26 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacalady View Post
Does anyone know the name of the song Trace sang at the CMA's last night? I only caught part of it.

Thanks
It's called:
Till the last shots fired

He said he will never ever sing it live ever again because it will lose meaning.

He sang it live once before for The Wounded Warrior Project. I believe he will release the CD but proceeds will go to wounded soldiers.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:05 AM

180 posts, read 748,614 times
Thanks! It really was moving..... to the point of tears!!

Old 04-07-2009, 03:58 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times
There was no country on that show. What a bunch of fluff! Absolute baloney! The music that the mainstrem music media is trying to pass off as country is garbage! Excuse me as I go listen to Neko Case.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:13 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
There was no country on that show. What a bunch of fluff! Absolute baloney! The music that the mainstrem music media is trying to pass off as country is garbage! Excuse me as I go listen to Neko Case.
I didn't like that show, either. How UN-country can you get? The big stage setups, the fancy lights, guys with spiked mohawks in the backup bands.......all the makeup and glitter. And Kieth Urban.....are you kidding me?? How is that guy even remotely considered a country artist???

I don't like awards shows in general, but I was glad to see George Strait still winning stuff. Shows someone out there still knows a little bit about PURE COUNTRY. George rules.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:35 AM

22 posts, read 47,219 times
I watched about 30 seconds, when Lady A got the Vocal Group Award...was wondering did Rascal Flatts win anything this time?

Old 11-12-2010, 09:03 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times
Awful! I had the awards show on very briefly and turned off in disgust. What we have going on today is a white person's minstrel show!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music