Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 02:42 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times

Advertisements

I like the original 1964 stereo lp version of The Beatles-A Hard Days Night.It has great songs like a hard days night,tell me why,i should of known better,i'm happy just to dance with you,cant buy me love,if i fell,i'll cry instead & and i love her.I was gonna buy the cd but capitol records omitted the instrumental versions of i should of known better,and i love her,ringos theme & a hard days night.Thets why i wont buy the cd.Also the cd has a different cover then the orig album.I dont understand why they just didnt create the cd to be exactly like the orig lp incl artwork & instrumental songs.I did buy a cassette that contains the orig artwork,songs (in stereo) some yrs ago.If any of you have the orig lp you would know what im talkin about as far as the 4 instrumental beatles songs.It really is a masterpiece lp & i liked the movie as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 02:56 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,342,916 times
I never had the original soundtrack album (w. non-Beatles instrumentals), but I'd have to say that the UK version of AHDN is an awesome disk. This was the 1st Album The Beatles made inwhich they wrote every song (all 14). The first side has the 7 songs that appear in the movie. In a way, I even like side two better, as songs like Any Time At All, Things We Said Today, I'll Be Back, You Can't Do That, I'll Cry Instead, When I Get Home still sound very fresh (whereas I hear the AHDN songs on radio frequently and they have lost something for me--especially Can't Buy Me Love).

I remember seeing a list of the 100 happiest LP's of all time (in Mojo or Q Magazine), and this LP was close to the top. We all need some happy tunes now and then, don't we?

Old 12-02-2008, 03:22 PM

I have the 1964 american version original soundtrack of a hard days night.The uk version doesnt contain the instrumetals but has more songs.The cd is just like the uk version.The american ahdn vocal beatles songs are in fake stereo but not the instrumentals.Capitol records sure made the uk & us albums different.Read all the intresting info on ahdn & the uk & us versions.I just really like the instrumental beatle songs but the us version is not available on cd. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Hard_Day's_Night_(album)

Old 12-02-2008, 11:21 PM

3,531 posts, read 2,595,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTodd View Post
I never had the original soundtrack album (w. non-Beatles instrumentals), but I'd have to say that the UK version of AHDN is an awesome disk. This was the 1st Album The Beatles made inwhich they wrote every song (all 14).
A little bit of trivia..
It`s also the only Beatles album made up entirely of Lennon/McCartney songs. Everything that came after it had at least one George Harrison contribution..

Old 12-02-2008, 11:57 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,363,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
A little bit of trivia..
It`s also the only Beatles album made up entirely of Lennon/McCartney songs. Everything that came after it had at least one George Harrison contribution..
Interesting, I didn't know that, thanks. George was like the little brother tagging along, insisting his voice be heard. It was lucky for us he was so persistent.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:38 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,605,757 times
A Hard Day's Night movie was released thru United Artists

They had the "rights" to the soundtrack music

The A Hard Day's Night album released in North America on June 26 1964
that you are refering to was released on United Artists records UAS 6366

Growing up my friends and I were huge Beatle fans ...and bought all their
albums (on vinyl ...no CD's back then)

One of my friends even had the album "Introducing the Beatles" on Veejay records

Most of the Hard Day's Night era songs "missing" from the United Artist's soundtrack album were released approx 1 month later on the Capitol album "Something New"

Capitol Records had the North American rights to most of the Beatles music
including the soundtrack to the movie "Help!"

They initially did not have the rights to the "Let It Be" soundtrack
United Artists did ...I have a copy of the original Let It Be album ...it has a red apple label ....gatefold sleeve ....distributed by United Artists AR 34001
approx 1 year after release (1971) the album distribution was changed to Capitol ...on the usual green apple label without the gatefold sleeve
In the UK the Let It Be originally even came with a booklet!

Old 12-04-2008, 04:45 AM

It seems the beatles uk releases on many albums contained more songs & info.Do you know why ? I will say one thing though.I can listen to beatles music all day & not be bored.I hate todays music.The 60.s & 70,s music are the best hands down.Ty for the info.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:11 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,769,503 times
Default Wilfrid Brambell...what a clean old man!

I love this part of A Hard Days Night...at about 4:00 pauls' grandfather "the king mixer" mocks Ringo for reading a book and not getting out and living it up.

When they get a close up of Milford...those teeth!

YouTube - A Hard Days Night part 6

Old 12-04-2008, 09:12 PM

3,531 posts, read 2,595,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmex View Post

When they get a close up of Milford...those teeth!

YouTube - A Hard Days Night part 6
Yeah, good old Wilfred Brambell. A national treasure.

YouTube - Steptoe and Son - Albert's Teeth

Old 12-05-2008, 02:33 PM

616 posts, read 1,162,436 times
Theatre in 1970's Bay Area played the Beatles movies constantly and many a tot was toted to 'em. Virtually flawless works of art IMO!

"And when I get home to you, I find the things that you do will make me feel all right."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music