Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 08:55 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times

Advertisements

A Chris McVie Song - This version has Rick Vito and Billy Burnette

YouTube - Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere - Live in 1987

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 02:13 AM

Wink Beautiful Child -

Live from SYW tour:

YouTube - Fleetwood Mac-Beautiful Child

"Sleepless child
There is so little time
Your eyes say yes
But you dont say yes
I wish that you were mine"

"You say it will be harder in the morning
I wait for you to say, just go
Your hands, held mine so few hours
And Im not a child anymore"

I like this song more and more each time I listen to it.

MSR

Old 08-23-2009, 02:33 AM

Cool Say That You Love Me

When FM was inducted into the R and R Hall of Fame. This is one of Christine's songs, but she doesn't look as happy as I've seen her look at other times. Maybe because she and John are in the front and couldn't have their usual banter in the back of the stage.

Another Chris McVie great contribution to FM:

YouTube - Fleetwood Mac-Say You Love Me

Enjoy

MSR

Old 08-23-2009, 01:06 PM

Smile Everyday - From Stevie Nicks - TISL CD

From Letterman's broadcast in Brazil. Subtitles in Portuguese.

It's the clearest sound of the song I've found on a vid.

YouTube - Stevie Nicks on The Late Show 2001

" Don't keep me hangin' on a string
Tell me what I feel is no big thing
Don't turn away I'm listening
Over and over again

Don't give me visions to explain
There are no doubts I feel the strain
Of all my senses yearning
Over and over again"

"Imagine all the ways to cope
I close my eyes, that gives me hope
It cures the silence "

S- Nicks

MSR

Old 08-23-2009, 01:35 PM

Talking Very Rare Live Performance of Sisters of the Moon

YouTube - Sisters Of The Moon (Live)

Chris is in the video and Lindsey is still dressing up (compared to his jeans and white shirt he's worn in the last 2-3 tours).

Plus, Mick's beverage consumption is as he is drumming, is hard to miss!

ENJOY this find!

MSR

Old 08-27-2009, 03:24 AM

Smile Leather and Lace - - - Stevie Nicks and Don Henley

Heard this tonight as I was working. I like the blend of their voices together.

YouTube - Leather & Lace Stevie Nicks Don Henley

MSR

Old 08-27-2009, 04:16 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Woohoo!!!

Anyone else excited about that?

Fleetwood Mac returning to the road in 2009 - Music- msnbc.com

No dates by me, yet, but I am keeping my fingers crossed
No. I personally think that there should be expiration dates put on rock bands (I say that facetiously, but too many bands carry on waaay too long) and Fleetwood Mac is well past its due date.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:02 AM

Question What date do you think is right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobE View Post
No. I personally think that there should be expiration dates put on rock bands (I say that facetiously, but too many bands carry on waaay too long) and Fleetwood Mac is well past its due date.
When is FM's due date, in your opinion, Rob?

MSR

Old 08-28-2009, 09:11 AM

Lightbulb For Saucy and others...I found a version with the real name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Right on Saucy! I was just listening to this today on YouTube.

I'll ask a question that I use to have, but haven't thought about for a very long time. In Seven Wonders (Recording, not video or live), Stevie sings the name of a person. Most have thought it was "Sara," as probably that made sense to most people.

I've located a source now that has the name of that person and it is NOT Sara or Tara. Instead, insiders claim it was the name of Seven Wonders prior to Stevie changing some words.

Anyone know more about that?

It's not in this version Seven Wonders, Tango in the Night Tour, with Rick Vito and Billy Burnette. If one goes back in the history of "fights," of the band, Lindsey Buckingham either produced and/or mixed it. Some say he left a certain name in there that Stevie sang during recording - the original name of the Sandy Stewart/Stevie Nicks written song.

YouTube - Fleetwood Mac//Seven Wonders Live Tango in the Night Tour 1987

If you know the name, one insider says was the original name of the song, post it. I'll find the linke again and you can read for yourself.

All you in TX, especially in the Houston area, have got a few clues, if you have listened to the names of some regional/local acts.

MSR
I finally found a video that has Stevie singing the accurate name of the person in this song. Anyone want to take a guess?

Hint: It's a male name not a female's name.

YouTube - Fleetwood Mac- Seven Wonders [Stevie Nicks] [Official Music Video]

MSR

Old 08-31-2009, 01:30 PM

Cool Any Guesses for Seven Wonders? What Sandy Stewart is Doing Now - Super Cool - Check the Link

Ah, no guessers among us.

Listen at about the 1:04-1:08 mark. Hint - male's name starts with an "A" and does sound a lot like Tara or Sara, which so many people thought Stevie was singing in the background.

YouTube - Fleetwood Mac- Seven Wonders [Stevie Nicks] [Official Music Video]

Also, this is super cool. Sandy Stewart who did write and submit the song XXX to Stevie, which was revised both in the title and a few lyrics to become Seven Wonders, is doing some awesome work IMHO.

Check this out - she is one of two professional musiciains who works with pediatric cancer patients at Texas Children's Medical Center to record their own music! They''ve built a small recording studio on the cancer unit at TCMC and I'd strongly encourage you to listen to some of the songs these kids have written (with a little help from the pros).

Purple Songs Can Fly Project - Purple Songs Can Fly - HOME (http://www.purplesongscanfly.org/home.html - broken link)

Good for Sandy Stewart!

As soon as someone either guesses or knows the link that proves the male's name Stevie sings, I'll post the link so you can read for yourself.

It seems appropriate this partial clip of Silver Springs as Stevie is singing about, "never get(ting) away from the sound of my voice that will haunt you." Those words were meant for Lindsey with the implication of regardless of where he did, what he did or who was in his life, Stevie always would be too, due to her voice being heard on the radio.

While Silver Springs is indeed a Stevie Nicks original, it just seems very relevant, given how Sandy's song got changed. That isn't to say Sandy Stewart didn't benefit from Seven Wonders being released by Fleetwood Mac and with the word/title changes, because she did. But, now I understand now why FM never plays Seven Wonders at concerts, given the rift. Stevie doesn't even look happy singing it in all the versions I've seen.

YouTube - Stevie Nicks with Fleetwood Mac in SALT LAKE CITY UTAH

Looking forward to some guesses from you musical geniuses out there......you'll be surprised how easily this name replaces the often-thought Tara or Sara. Remember, a male name and starts with an A - that's practically giving it away.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music