Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:02 AM

1,396 posts, read 3,442,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post

Zep are excellent, but I don't really make top 10 lists because I like too much stuff.
What? You don't make top 10? You gotta be kidding me schwag!

Last edited by MinuteMan; 07-09-2009 at 09:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 09:06 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinuteMan View Post
What? You don't make top 10? You gotta be kidding me schwag!
It's too hard! There are far too many things I like and that changes over time. AND who you calling schwag?

They are most excellent though! AND I like them a whole lot more lately!

Last edited by moonshadow; 07-09-2009 at 09:29 AM..

Old 07-09-2009, 10:44 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdayskids View Post
They ARE the greatest band at stealing material.

Hell, even if they didn't steal 1/2 of their songs, they'd be untalented.

That's ridiculous. Page isnt talented? Bonham? Bonham is one of the best drummers ever IMO. Page is awesome at guitar, not the best, but def a very good player.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:24 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Zep is at the top of my all time bands list, and I think they sounded great live. Not too many bands sound better live than in studio. The only other band that sounded just as good in both studio and on stage is Iron Maiden, who are still going strong today. In terms of talent, songs, and performance I put Maiden second to Zep and probably at the top of the current heap. Others who are very close on my list...Rolling Stones, The Who, Beatles, Van Halen, Allman Brothers, Rush, Journey and Red Hot Chili Peppers. I'm probably leaving someone out, but those are the ones that come off the top of my head.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:43 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saybl View Post
Zeppelin was the 1st album I owned and I've loved them ever since. My collection goes from albums, sheets,live dvds, books, framed portraits to my year old boxer rightfully named Zeppelin.

I will admit there are other songs that are better then some Zeppelin songs, but as an overall band Zeppelin brings us a sound not soon to be forgotten. I can't wait to introduce them to my children.
I agree 100% that Led Zeppelin is the GREATEST Rock band ever and they are not even my favorite as i'm an 80's freak but all my 70's school friends and myself back then who listened to all the 70's Rock and Metal bands knew that they were the best even though my favorite 70's band's were Black Sabbath and Rush. I can listen to ANY song on ANY album by Zeppelin and like it .

Old 07-09-2009, 12:14 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saybl View Post
Zeppelin was the 1st album I owned and I've loved them ever since. My collection goes from albums, sheets,live dvds, books, framed portraits to my year old boxer rightfully named Zeppelin.

I will admit there are other songs that are better then some Zeppelin songs, but as an overall band Zeppelin brings us a sound not soon to be forgotten. I can't wait to introduce them to my children.
In their heydey I would have killed to go to their concert! They were so big...I don't think they ever played my city...maybe not even my state. One of the all time best rock bands...definitely!

Old 07-09-2009, 01:39 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdayskids View Post
They ARE the greatest band at stealing material.

Hell, even if they didn't steal 1/2 of their songs, they'd be untalented.

They took a few lyrics from Robert Johnson songs,that...
Hardly equals stealing 1/2 their songs.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:41 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
I saw them live and they were great. No shortage of talenet at all. They aren't my favorite band of all time, but they were very fine musicians, and Robert Plant could scream like no one else. Let's just say that they set the bar really high.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:47 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,134 times
Very boring band. The fact that you cant go anywhere without hearing one of their songs being played ruined them for me (not that i ever really liked them, too butt rocky for me)....same thing with ac/dc, skynard, pink floyd, kiss and all those rediculous classic rock bands everybody and their mother loves.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:36 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Very boring band. The fact that you cant go anywhere without hearing one of their songs being played ruined them for me (not that i ever really liked them, too butt rocky for me)....same thing with ac/dc, skynard, pink floyd, kiss and all those rediculous classic rock bands everybody and their mother loves.
And what pray tell do you like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music