Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 06:05 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times

Advertisements

Thanks MMC - have played the soundtrack from O Brother, Where Art Thou? earlier today. Great movie, excellent tunes...

And now, for something completely different, on a blustery wintery IN Saturday night...

YouTube - INXS - Need You Tonight & Mediate

YouTube - Nickelback - How You Remind Me

YouTube - KT Tunstall - Other Side of the World - Legendado

YouTube - Collective Soul - Heavy

YouTube - Evanescence - Bring Me To Life

Old 02-21-2009, 06:31 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,334,937 times
[p.s Hey SC, if you want to add anything to this below ... just go ahead... I won't mind a bit... if not, Thanks for the music! :-) ... your selections just blow my mind sometimes... ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Thanks MMC - have played the soundtrack from O Brother, Where Art Thou? earlier today. Great movie, excellent tunes...

And now, for something completely different, on a blustery wintery IN Saturday night...

YouTube - INXS - Need You Tonight & Mediate

YouTube - Nickelback - How You Remind Me

YouTube - KT Tunstall - Other Side of the World - Legendado

lol ... okay your musical choice will be mine as well for the next 45 minutes or so so I thank you Sir!

:: smiles and then goes over to Shadow's place to listen to his music ... carrying tons of papers then spreading them all over the floor but out of the way of any foot traffic ::

I appreciate the company and will be SO quiet you'll forget I'm here! lol

::...gets busy with work.... time passes :::

::: gets out calculator ... working, listening to each song ... continues working... second run of Collective Soul.... notices a change in the aire... looks up and we're there... we're... where the heck are we!... Morocco? .... while papers are where they were placed... jumps to my feet in amazement as one of the band members just a few feet away... nods a smiling recognition... continues playing::::

:: takes a big step out of the parallel universe of papers and is swept into the high desert of Morocco... several band members laughs ... continue playing acoustics... sees a guitar on a rocky ledge and strapping in... sings ::

Complicate this world you wrapped for me
I'm acquainted with your suffering...

Promises you break you still believe

And all your weight
It falls on me...

:: I don't ask any questions... just accept it all as natural... the feel of the wind... exotic... the splash of the sun... ancient in feel and colour... asks no one in particular, over the rhythm section :: "How long yall plan to be here? "

"4 days... " I heard from my right... the percussionist Shane... :: nods and strums with a quiet joy... music flows over the breath-taking landscape... drums echoes off stones and our own bodies... the magic of music!... delicious... ::

:: we sing the song several times... a feeling of goodbye... am happy now and have received what I didn't know I needed... heart thanks them all and each one turns in my direction.. giving a nodding smile or wink as they await the next visitor to find themselves suddenly there... ::

:: eyes looks into the dazzling blue... a light sensation as if flying... then a dimming... realizing I am back on the floor with papers strewn and a blinking LED light signaling low power... softly whispers :: "whoa... this place IS magical... !"

:: looks around me.... sees the record has finished... just spinning round and round now... reaches over and set arm to play.... singing under breath :: "Promises you break you still believe... "

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-21-2009 at 07:47 PM..

Old 02-22-2009, 07:40 AM

Default Sunday Dawn Prayers

:: rustling leaves breaks moonlight streamings... ridges and ruts from the road's day travels... now valleys and mountains of phantom worlds... an owl hoots... guides my footfalls ... flapping wings drenched in midnight... remembrances of a far off age... sacred harp singing... modern blend leads ascension toward past...

The Good Players - "David's Lamentation" (Sacred Harp- 268)

YouTube - The Good Players - "David's Lamentation" (Sacred Harp- 268)

... now hidden among overgrowth and bramble bushes... sharp note music... buried in harvested corn fields... voices lost in the stitch-weave of time.. ... morn prayers found hidden in the backwoods of dying traditions...

(audio can be uncomfortably loud in the following)

Sacred Harp demonstration - Tim Eriksen and friends

YouTube - Sacred Harp demonstration - Tim Eriksen and friends

David's Lamentation

YouTube - David's Lamentation

Native American - Idumea - Sacred Harp Singers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU_QFvkPJvw

African American Sacred Harp Singing

YouTube - African American Sacred Harp Singing

Sacred Harp Singing in Jaroslaw, Poland - over 9 mins

YouTube - Sacred Harp Singing in Jaroslaw, Poland

:: eyes closed... fragrant winds carries dawn's spread like a drop of dye in water... ::

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir - David's Lamentation

YouTube - The Mormon Tabernacle Choir - David's Lamentation

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Climb Every Mountain

YouTube - The Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Climb Every Mountain

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-22-2009 at 08:04 AM..

Old 02-22-2009, 10:27 AM

9,762 posts, read 3,414,799 times

YouTube - Good Morning Starshine by Oliver

Morning :-)

Old 02-22-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
:: comes in to check messages before leaving and see's FlaGrrrl... smiles then looks around::

Hey FlaGrrrl! ... G'Morn! :: smiles :: ...just passing thru... :: listen's to the tune playing and walks in...:: Hmmmm... let's give it a hear.

YouTube - Good Morning Starshine by Oliver

:: moves head to the beat... grinning... snapping fingers to the rhythm, leaning 'gainst a wall:: Wow... I remember this now... ::suddenly acts like we're in a musical... leaps over to FlaGrrrl... ::

:: goes to one knee... lifts arms.. sings :: Good Morning Starshine.... the earth says hellooo... so happy to seeee...

:: leaps to feet and dances around FlaGrrrl... pretending to twirl an umbrella... then do a flamingo ... go side to side... smiling and sings :: reflecting the star light in my lover's eyes.... ... Singggggg.... a songgg....

:: laughs as song ends.... bows to FlaGrrrl :: And now I must tarry away. Have a wonderful day! :-)

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-22-2009 at 11:55 AM..

Old 02-22-2009, 08:26 PM

3,198 posts, read 13,104,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
:: rustling leaves breaks moonlight streamings... ridges and ruts from the road's day travels... now valleys and mountains of phantom worlds... an owl hoots... guides my footfalls ... flapping wings drenched in midnight... remembrances of a far off age... sacred harp singing... modern blend leads ascension toward past...

... now hidden among overgrowth and bramble bushes... sharp note music... buried in harvested corn fields... voices lost in the stitch-weave of time.. ... morn prayers found hidden in the backwoods of dying traditions...

(audio can be uncomfortably loud in the following)

Sacred Harp demonstration - Tim Eriksen and friends

YouTube - Sacred Harp demonstration - Tim Eriksen and friends

David's Lamentation

YouTube - David's Lamentation

YouTube - Native American(Sacred Harp Singers-Idumea)

African American Sacred Harp Singing

YouTube - African American Sacred Harp Singing

Sacred Harp Singing in Jaroslaw, Poland - over 9 mins

YouTube - Sacred Harp Singing in Jaroslaw, Poland

:: eyes closed... fragrant winds carries dawn's spread like a drop of dye in water... ::

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir - David's Lamentation

YouTube - The Mormon Tabernacle Choir - David's Lamentation

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Climb Every Mountain

YouTube - The Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Climb Every Mountain

::stands dreaming in echoes of song:: wrapped in memories :: holding dreams in lightly clasped hands::
sighs:: takes a breath and a tiny step forward:::

voice soft over birdsong:: pardon Sir::: gentle smile and dip of head:: this one has been watching as a visitor and has been listening to Thy offerings for many mornings now:::

::rocks slightly back on heels:: exhales:: feeling words tumble:: and was so moved Sir... unexpected tears glisten:: voice catches and continues:: was so moved Sir :: that this one rushed to sign up and begin to speak to Thee::

::feeling relief at torrent of expression given::

::voice softly adds:: and so must Thank Thee Sir for Thy wonderful gift of Heart Song - especially from everywhere!

::feels leap of self round the world in union with the songs::

::aware of surroundings:: hot flash of blush to cheeks:: takes several fast tiny steps back into shadows:: bending head in deep inclination::

::softest call from afar::may Thy morn be sweet unto Thy heart! ::murmuring words of prayer::::

Old 02-22-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareWonder View Post
::stands dreaming in echoes of song:: wrapped in memories :: holding dreams in lightly clasped hands::
sighs:: takes a breath and a tiny step forward:::

voice soft over birdsong:: pardon Sir::: gentle smile and dip of head:: this one has been watching as a visitor and has been listening to Thy offerings for many mornings now:::

::rocks slightly back on heels:: exhales:: feeling words tumble:: and was so moved Sir... unexpected tears glisten:: voice catches and continues:: was so moved Sir :: that this one rushed to sign up and begin to speak to Thee::

::feeling relief at torrent of expression given::

::voice softly adds:: and so must Thank Thee Sir for Thy wonderful gift of Heart Song - especially from everywhere!

::feels leap of self round the world in union with the songs::

::aware of surroundings:: hot flash of blush to cheeks:: takes several fast tiny steps back into shadows:: bending head in deep inclination::

::softest call from afar::may Thy morn be sweet unto Thy heart! ::murmuring words of prayer::::
:: comes in and mouth pops open for a moment...tilts head... ponders.. quickly regain composure and heart bursts with a smile::

Ms. RareWonder... Ms. of ... a sub-culture ? And please be most comfortable in these magical lands....

:: extends a hand to a sitting upon a comfortable sofa of your choice... walks across the room then stands opposite you showing great interest... decides to examine songs from dawn's prayers ... and turning to the cabinet... closes eyes for a moment... then selects one for your enjoyment and one for my own... ::

:: stacking them up... turns to face you, hands behind back... curiosity reflected in smile :: ... if you have been ... let's see... visiting the realm...

(lurking as a visitor.. then welcome RareWonder... I see you have ID yourself Quaker Ma'am. Then you know what is being create here and my personal efforts to make all welcome as much as possible. I appreciate your words... smile)

:: notices your emotions and sits quickly... gives time a wait... then asks softly ::

"... has the tale of song been very hard for your heart Ms... might you wish a telling to feel better? Or if need for privacy... then lets just sit and enjoy the beauty of songs to lessen misery... I have no pull or need away from tis moment therefore can be of good cheer and company for ye soreness... "

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-22-2009 at 08:51 PM..

Old 02-22-2009, 09:17 PM

3,198 posts, read 13,104,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
:: comes in and mouth pops open for a moment...tilts head... ponders.. quickly regain composure and heart bursts with a smile::

Ms. RareWonder... Ms. of ... a sub-culture ? And please be most comfortable in these magical lands....

:: extends a hand to a sitting upon a comfortable sofa of your choice... walks across the room then stands opposite you showing great interest... decides to examine songs from dawn's prayers ... and turning to the cabinet... closes eyes for a moment... then selects one for your enjoyment and one for my own... ::

:: stacking them up... turns to face you, hands behind back... curiosity reflected in smile :: ... if you have been ... let's see... visiting the realm...

(lurking as a visitor.. then welcome RareWonder... I see you have ID yourself Quaker Ma'am. Then you know what is being create here and my personal efforts to make all welcome as much as possible. I appreciate your words... smile)

:: notices your emotions and sits quickly... gives time a wait... then asks softly ::

"... has the tale of song been very hard for your heart Ms... might you wish a telling to feel better? Or if need for privacy... then lets just sit and enjoy the beauty of songs to lessen misery... I have no pull or need away from tis moment therefore can be of good cheer and company for ye soreness... "
::settles on couch indicated:: tender smile:: hands clasped softly:::

::speaking softly::: Thy heart is gentle Sir and this one is very glad for this meeting, though Thee do undertsand this deeper heart of some sorrow and long ago pain.

::raises eyes and lets hands relax::

Thee surely see this ones heart Sir with Thy choice of Idumea, the song of people from my past.

::voice gentle:: and so the memories flow and roll upon time Sir, and this one has a thankful heart for the remembrance as well as the lovely voices from round the world.

((feel must quickly say that new this day to such a forum and have had several stalls out on the computer - twas a family joke it was run by chipmunks but this night tis proven - they are nay nocturnal. am aged but have felt a youthfulness steal over these bones and a quickness of mind. this one jokes with others that here is the fountain of youth where might one day dance again as well as give assistance to dear Cellie since am knowing what she is going through. ))

::smiles :: Thank Thee so much Sir for Thy gracious welcome to one from the Quakers... twas seeing such that gave me courage to speak. Am wanting to experience imagination again, to be with dear pets, to run in fields, make bread with nimble hands, and live among free souls.

::murmurs ::: Thank Thee Sir! dreams are all one is left with when loved ones have left for further journeys over Jordan.
Here maybe loneliness will depart and laughter come more forcefully like sunshine. Thy songs heals far beyond what Thee can imagine.

Well Met, Sir! Indeed!

Old 02-22-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareWonder View Post
::settles on couch indicated:: tender smile:: hands clasped softly:::

::speaking softly::: Thy heart is gentle Sir and this one is very glad for this meeting, though Thee do undertsand this deeper heart of some sorrow and long ago pain.

::raises eyes and lets hands relax::

Thee surely see this ones heart Sir with Thy choice of Idumea, the song of people from my past.

::voice gentle:: and so the memories flow and roll upon time Sir, and this one has a thankful heart for the remembrance as well as the lovely voices from round the world.

((feel must quickly say that new this day to such a forum and have had several stalls out on the computer - twas a family joke it was run by chipmunks but this night tis proven - they are nay nocturnal. am aged but have felt a youthfulness steal over these bones and a quickness of mind. this one jokes with others that here is the fountain of youth where might one day dance again as well as give assistance to dear Cellie since am knowing what she is going through. ))

::smiles :: Thank Thee so much Sir for Thy gracious welcome to one from the Quakers... twas seeing such that gave me courage to speak. Am wanting to experience imagination again, to be with dear pets, to run in fields, make bread with nimble hands, and live among free souls.

::murmurs ::: Thank Thee Sir! dreams are all one is left with when loved ones have left for further journeys over Jordan.
Here maybe loneliness will depart and laughter come more forcefully like sunshine. Thy songs heals far beyond what Thee can imagine.

Well Met, Sir! Indeed!

Flickering Wood Fire Virtual Fireplace -10 mins - LOUD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_udO0INKa8

:: nods slowly as Ms. speaks... leans forward... large hands folded... ponders as ancient voices from our country's past and thy memories wash o'er us like rain... understands thy need from this thread and these realms... half stands and kneel on one knee... takes thy elderly hands into my own youthful large ones and whispers ::

Martha Graham ADF Steps in the Streets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtoIsk8GXtU

"Then be granted thy wish Mother... when ye awake in the morrow... if can come here.. will experience thy prime again but with a deeper gift... shall have thy nimble body with a mind of wisdom from experiences of life... thee can do as thy wish... with music... the magic is in the music so must have that ... Ms. can then do whatever ye need do... or desire in thy goodwill for others and self..."

Carter Family - Will The Circle Be Unbroken

YouTube - Carter Family- Will The Circle Be Unbroken

:: gives thy hands a reassuring squeeze... then pats ancient cheeks and peers in eyes thats shed to many tears... ::: Now rest with thy son... for tomorrow I shant be no longer... if thee are youthful, then protocal is observed tween us... for now am son...

::stands and sits next to ye... brings a comforting arm round Mother's shoulders and hugs ye to me... lays cheek upon crown of head and whisper.. ::

Arlo Guthrie & Pete Seeger/ This Land Is Your Land

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSIy0wq_-8A

" Now allow thyself enter a deep resting... for the past to heavy tis night... shall let happy memories and this moment's warmth be our fire within the cold wintry of thy lonely season... let us sing other songs... maybe those ye remembered while helping the country grow freer for others?"

:: watches ye eyes peek up at me and laughing settles deep within my arms... reaches o'er the back and bring a quilt to cover Mother's bones... then hums as we watch the fireplace crackle its approval ... time past... hears Mother's gentle breathing, slows... watches flames dance ... inwardly offers blessings to gift her hopes... May the Angels of mercy comfort her slumber this night. Amen.::

Tis a Gift to be Simple (SOHC 07-08)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL5o0b13vMY

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-22-2009 at 10:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music