Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 10:49 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times

Advertisements

This thread is for those that want to go a step beyond, posting not just the title and artist of the song(s) that they are currently listening to, but also feel free to add commentary and thoughts pertaining to the tune and/or group. Of course, lyrics and other material must not be posted that infringes on copyrights - lastly, no back-to-back postings... Again, the purpose of this thread is to not just post and share the tunes currently listening to, but to feel free to add to the richness of the music and sounds via interpretations, experiences, etc. Now with that jibberish out of the way , here be tunes that tickled ears this late morn':

YouTube - F-15 Where Eagles Fly - Sammy Hagar

YouTube - Take The Highway - Marshall Tucker Band

YouTube - Ozark Mountain Daredevils - If You Wanna Get To Heaven

YouTube - Led Zeppelin - Kashmir - Earls Court 1975

YouTube - Rush - Xanadu

ps: again, w/ a thanks to this post: http://www.city-data.com/forum/7467101-post5892.html

Old 02-15-2009, 11:16 AM

2,051 posts, read 9,334,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
This thread is for those that want to go a step beyond, posting not just the title and artist of the song(s) that they are currently listening to, but also feel free to add commentary and thoughts pertaining to the tune and/or group. Of course, lyrics and other material must not be posted that infringes on copyrights - lastly, no back-to-back postings... Again, the purpose of this thread is to not just post and share the tunes currently listening to, but to feel free to add to the richness of the music and sounds via interpretations, experiences, etc. Now with that jibberish out of the way , here be tunes that tickled ears this late morn':

YouTube - F-15 Where Eagles Fly - Sammy Hagar

YouTube - Take The Highway - Marshall Tucker Band

YouTube - Ozark Mountain Daredevils - If You Wanna Get To Heaven

YouTube - Led Zeppelin - Kashmir - Earls Court 1975

YouTube - Rush - Xanadu

ps: again, w/ a thanks to this post: http://www.city-data.com/forum/7467101-post5892.html

:: sees a new building being constructed... goes over to one of the workmen and inquires what is being built... is told this building is for total expression centering on music which for many is an expressive medium... gasps in shock and surprise!!!

Pink Floyd - Breathe in the Air / On The Run

YouTube - Pink Floyd - Breathe in the Air / On The Run

Excitedly asks can anyone come here... even people of other sub-cultures, who emphasis lies within the inner world of being, since they are not hooked up to modern conveniences or secular culture... is reassured indeed yes!:::

Alison Krauss + Yo Yo Ma Slumber my darling - (Ms. Cellie @-)))--)

YouTube - Alison Krauss + Yo Yo Ma Slumber my darling

"Yaaaa hooweee!

Slow Gypsy (Music video)

YouTube - Slow Gypsy (Music video)

Any Anabaptist/Mennonites/Quakers/Amish/Hasidim folks etc... !! You are Welcome here! They understand your tradition of narrative expression and so you do not have to shun your natural tendency to speak from that base as you move in the world!"

::Eyes shining aglow! :::

India.Arie - Ready For Love

YouTube - India.Arie - Ready For Love

"Do not be afraid now... do not hide tho you don't have to ID yourself as such... do not be ashamed and try to be like others... you can continue your own natural inclinations without stress or fear... "

Wildflower - Skylark (With Lyrics)

YouTube - Wildflower - Skylark (With Lyrics)

:: falls to knees kissing the dirt, throwing hands into the aire... laughing wildly... jumping up to feet and grabbing a hardhat and a sledgehammer to help break up the ground... ::

::shouts :: "And Heaven said let there be light! (Music!)"

Bon Jovi - (You Want To) Make A Memory: Video - Closed Captioned - Album/Live

YouTube - Bon Jovi - (You Want To) Make A Memory: Video - Closed Captioned - Album/Live Audio Version

:: pounds and pounds then seeing help needed with the frame, drops sledgehammer... runs over to the group of men grabbing a lone simple hammer and a fist full of nails... and taking a position starts hammering ... moving as one body with the others... helping to build the frame where joy will live... ::

James Brown & Pavarotti - (MMC aka MadAtMcCain)

YouTube - James Brown & Pavarotti

:: strips down to jeans and boots only... seeing more ground need to broken... rushes back to his original job... grabs the rough handle... wielding the heavy hammer... breaking up all, with each thud each limitation previously... thinks of the tiny baby bird just learning to fly... slows... face shining thru grime and bits of debris... must leave a message that she can be free... falls to knees as tears falls freely.. sobs for the innocents... they can be protected and free to grow as Heaven intended... he no longer has to work so hard... just sobs thanking Heaven... ::

::sobs slows... thankful for the men understanding... a hand grab of the shoulder ... tight squeeze and then moves on... no words... just that touch of understanding... giving privacy to a weeping man's heart... sits back on heels... brushes hands on dusty jeans and just looks around... ::

:: songs played at a wedding... testimonies of music... songs of birth... of death... of first loves... of crazed moments... songs rich and honest... songs of wishes.... songs of fantasies... who knows maybe someone always knew they were a squirrel trapped in a human body! the thought makes him laugh out loud!... grabbing the handle and rising he sings... ::

"... and it wouldn't be nuthin... nuthinnn without a woman or a girl... "

:: hours pass... am told to maybe take a break... it will all be here tomorrow and after that and after that to the laughter of the men... laughing as well nods in agreement and finding a quiet corner turn on to Plannine radio... lays back on an elbow... grooving to the tunes::

http://www.finetune.com/

=(I love that I can just work/edit my own post for an hour... registering true emotions and songs (Music).. Thank YOU ShadowCaver)=

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-15-2009 at 12:41 PM..

Old 02-15-2009, 04:26 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times
Hey, thanks for the help on the construction... 'tis gonna be good and ...

YouTube - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Battle Of New Orleans

YouTube - The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley (1958 Capitol records) Lyrics

YouTube - Puff the Magic Dragon - Peter Paul & Mary Live

YouTube - SINK THE BISMARCK ~ sung by Johnny Horton

YouTube - The Beach Boys - Sloop John B (Original Video)

Old 02-15-2009, 06:09 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,414,799 times
Very nice :-)

Old 02-15-2009, 06:17 PM

Right now.. I'm groovin on some Muse.

Love 'em.

YouTube - Muse HAARP - Invincible (Wembley Stadium)

Old 02-15-2009, 06:38 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,334,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Right now.. I'm groovin on some Muse.

Love 'em.

::hears the group Muse and sits up... sees Ms. FlaGrrrl and flashes a smile waving with a laugh... jumps up realizing he's dirty and not quite proper for a Lady's presence... cup hand to mouth and hollars ::

"am indecent but if you turn it up I'll hear it on my way to the men's swimming hole... :: reaching for an over-shirt and quickly pulling it over his sweaty body... walks over to the pile of large rolled up towels and stepping to the side of the road closest to Ms. FlaGrrl... continues walking ... laughs...::

Muse HAARP - Invincible (Wembley Stadium)

::hears Muse and pretends to be playing the lead guitar for her enjoyment..singing as loud as possible:: ...

"together we're invincibleeee..... "

::to quickly he arrives at a fork in the road.... waves.... hollars to her::

"Gonna take a quick splash and clean up then maybe we can hear some music unless the other women come down and start cooking... then of course we probably shouldn't..". ::chuckles::

The Beach Boys - Sloop John B (Original Video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_KY_d9MQv8

"Otherwise the gossip will be we're engaged or something... "

::laughing as feet braces each step downhill toward the swimming hole... ducks around thick over hanging branches... greets the gathering of other men already air drying themselves on slabs of flat boulders or grassy hillside... quickly strips then dives into the icy crystal pure waters... brrrr... a group of naked boys are further down... one has a guitar and the others are gathered or rough-housing as boy's do... singing about Puff the magic dragon::

Puff the Magic Dragon - Peter Paul & Mary Live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VFxA7o4f5E

:: the atmosphere is jovial, relaxing as he half listens to the men gossip about crops... animals... and the progress of the construction... quickly cleans and pulls self from the waters... towel down, dresses... then runs up the slope to were he last saw Ms. FlaGrrrl... ahhh what a pretty day!... absently batting away a honey bee... stretches neck one way then the other... sticking the plastic earplug in one ear.. . throwing towel over shoulder::

The beach boys - good vibrations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC2gZ...eature=related

"Ms. FlaGrrrl... what songs are you playing now... "

::eyes catches the state of his boots... dangit.. they are a mess... quickly spots a puddle of clear water under a small tree... dips a foot in...then the next... better not use the towel to clean his boots... have already been warned about that... bends and takes hold of a bunch of tall grass and quickly scrubs at one boot then the other... ::

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir - Earls Court 1975

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1yFQ6vcRNk

::inwardly groans... looking up from one side then the other... rats! stands and stomps both feet... quickly inspects nails... good... still decent... walks into the sunshine... looking and listening for tunes to give him a sense of which direction to go... no luck... decides to go back toward the working men and properly discard towel... whistles along ... then sings ::

Oh let the sun beat down upon my face... stars to fill my dream
I am a traveler of both time and space... to be where I have been

To sit with elders of the gentle race... this world has seldom seen
They talk of days for which they sit and wait...
and all will be revealed...

::decides to go back to work... at least got cooled down... greets the men breaking ground... throws towel in community hamper and giving another man a break, puts on rough gloves, grabs sledgehammer, hardhat and safety goggles this time... begins task of pounding stakes to mark off areas as well to help break up any boulders... ::

::an hour passes... then two.... slows down a little... since this community is more relax, stops and pulls off over-shirt.. great! can get a breeze ... beads of sweat drying quickly... grips handle, a slight grunt as he lifts sledgehammer high above his head... slams it down on stakes... Freedom... Freedom! Freedomm!!!::

Grateful Dead - Uncle John's Band -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU3fJobgHm8

(Dear Ms. Cellie! Hello.. We can stay on our pages for an hour and add things as we feel them. I must depart for a short time.. maybe 30 mins... but wanted to welcome you. )

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-15-2009 at 08:02 PM..

Old 02-15-2009, 07:52 PM

158 posts, read 515,661 times
~ hears from a friend about the groundbreaking and new building being constructed... exclaims delightedly at the thought... feels the buzz of excitement in the air ~

~dreams of the new home come to life... walking into the pantry, shelves filled with sugar, flour, honey, salt, starch, colorful packages, cans of vegetables, and all the things a good cook needs ... a community where if a baby followed a butterfly all the way to the dump, one could rest assured that someone would bring the baby safely back... a garden with trees that hold nesting birds and is filled with bright daisies, the rainbow's spectrum of tulips, purple irises, pastel gladiolas, tiger lilies, and fragrant roses~

Ramsey Lewis - Julia

YouTube - Ramsey Lewis - Julia

Thinks aloud... yes, the tulips then the daisies... ~visualizes the garden's design and the sequence of flowers blooming~

~suddenly thinks of fresh vegetables and a vegetable garden.. remembers the sweet taste of home-grown carrots and beets... the rich carpet of green after a summer rainfall .... deeply inhales the the sweet smell of earth... it is as though cherry blossoms are in full bloom... soul takes in the deep tranquility~

~thinks how nice my 70's outfit is, after catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror ... blush as I gaze into my own eyes~ ~hears a voice telling me not to be vain, since I'm looking in mirrors now, then giggles~

~thoughts and consciousness return to the present and ideas flood .. with a light step, hurries to gather food and utensils for cooking, among other things... gazes up at the clear blue sky~

Basia - New Day for You

YouTube - Basia New Day for You

~ all the items needing transport have been piled in neat stacks awaiting pickup by the men... joins the other women chattering about helping the men, beautifying the environment, and growing good vegetables ... now all together, we walk down the dusty road to the new community ~

Garment of Praise Quartet - Damascus Road

YouTube - Damascus Road - Garment of Praise Quartet

~as we move closer to the new community the sounds of construction fill the air ... pounding and hammering ... men dressed in jeans covered with dust appear ... most are gathered in groups working or talking~

~sees Mr. MMC in the distance with a sledgehammer breaking up a large boulder.... heart flutters ... trembles slightly, sudden intake of air~

Voices of Liberty - Drink to Me Only With Thine Eyes

YouTube - Drink to Me, Only With Thine Eyes

~hears name called and turns to respond to a question as to where i'd like to work~
~notes that the cooking area is being set up with a view to where Mr. MMC is working.. quickly volunteers to assist with meal preparation, happy that that choice allows me the chance to work within an eye's view of Him and to prepare food that will nourish Him and help sustain His strength~

YouTube - Voices of Liberty - Drink to Me Only with Thine Eyes

YouTube - Drink to Me Only with Thine Eyes

Last edited by Cellie; 02-15-2009 at 08:30 PM..

Old 02-15-2009, 07:54 PM

3 posts, read 8,660 times
This song reminds me of all the starving children in the world. God bless Pernell Roberts and his tireless efforts to feed the hungry.

Eat it-Weird al Yankovic

Wouldn't it be great if we could house the people living in the street? And shoe the children with no shoes on their feet?

Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle

It would truly be a great world if we all could just get along.

War - Why Can't We Be Friends?

Old 02-15-2009, 09:29 PM

Hey Cellie & MadAtMcCain! I'm calling it a night.. Have a good one!

Here's a beauty from my paisan.. have a nice spin around the dance floor for me :-)

YouTube - Peter Cupples performs 'You Don't Know Me' @ Italian Week

Old 02-16-2009, 04:06 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times

Those are great ShadowCaver but......where's your comments about themes you asked us to do .

Allright even though it's still dark outside i thrive in the sunrise and not the sunset and cain't wait until go to the gym around 5.00 A.M. to workout and see the sunrise after i'm done so here's my morning theme song . (No it's not heavy metal ...lol.)

YouTube - Daybreak - Barry Manilow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music