Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 04:20 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I didn't know how she got her name until now. I was a huge Queen fan growing up. Yes, she does a whole different genre of music than Queen. But from watching her videos she seems to have some theatrics and style that reminds of the glamour rock era Queen came from.

It's unfair to compare her to Madonna because Madonna has a much larger body of work. I remember when Madonna first came out and her first single "Holiday". Right away you knew you weren't listening to just another dance song by a generic artist. Madonna had her own unique persona. Lady Gaga reminds me of early Madonna in that sense. She is not generic. I have a feeling she will not be a fad, she will be around for awhile.

It's all been done before!!

GAGA is basically Maddona Agullera

http://cloelo.files.wordpress.com/20...onna_new51.jpg (broken link)
Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 09:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 04:24 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
This is the only thing that separates Christina from all of them.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2Yxp6q2h0

SHE CAN SANG!!!

Old 12-23-2009, 07:15 AM

237 posts, read 870,823 times
does she even know what she's singing about ? she's trying to put angry emotions into words and it's coming out as gibberish at times.

she'd be better if she was more natural. without the bleached hair, licorice boots, glasses that make it seem like she's trying to be like someone else rather than herself.

using freakin in a song takes away credibility. can she even sing an uplifting, soft song without sounding like a fool ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExbEyq2vgsg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6hcb...eature=related

these musicians are barely known can you really say gaga is better than them ?

Last edited by grmike; 12-23-2009 at 07:45 AM..

Old 12-24-2009, 12:47 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
Lady Gaga is a competent singer, but she really isn't selling music. She is selling sexual fantasy.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:08 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,986 times
She has no personality. She rarely smiles. She needs to be more original in her ideas.

I feel nothing for her. I don't want to buy any of her music.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:36 PM

133 posts, read 419,254 times
Lady Gaga is terrible, I've seen her live performances and she cracks everytime on the high notes. Her style is nothing new, it's repetitive. The trance/pop/rap mix is played out, plus she's sorta a butterface.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:29 AM

90 posts, read 70,992 times
Lady Gaga is awful. She's had so many #1's, but that's because most mainstream music today is awful (has never been worse), so the bar of #1 success is so low that any half-talent a**clown could make it to #1. Her music is not original -- it is just a combination of pop and rehashed Eurodance. It's basically club/party music, but nothing more. Lady Gaga's style is not original either. She has copied several artists, past and present. I do not understand why people put her on such a high pedestal, but I guess people will buy any crap that tries to pass itself off as music these days, because that's considered the "norm".

Old 12-27-2009, 12:10 AM

2,101 posts, read 4,526,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5000 View Post
Lady Gaga is awful. She's had so many #1's, but that's because most mainstream music today is awful (has never been worse), so the bar of #1 success is so low that any half-talent a**clown could make it to #1. Her music is not original -- it is just a combination of pop and rehashed Eurodance. It's basically club/party music, but nothing more. Lady Gaga's style is not original either. She has copied several artists, past and present. I do not understand why people put her on such a high pedestal, but I guess people will buy any crap that tries to pass itself off as music these days, because that's considered the "norm".
That's pretty much what I said. Here's the rub: Lady Gaga actually has songwriting and musical talent, but I feel that she's wasting it writing/performing music with trite lyrics and banal pop hooks.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:53 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,121,762 times
My feelings about her are mixed. On one hand, she (or her producer) combines incredibly catchy hooks with good production value. Musically, she's fine. On the other, her lyrics are awful and degrading, and she comes off as a pretentious *****.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:00 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
I really like her, there is something about the quality of her voice that I like and of course the songs. I am 42 (old and boring in some young peoples eyes) and I admit I was put off by her unusual appearance but I LOVE her music. My daughter and I both listen to it.
My favorite is with the headphones on, turned up as high as I can stand it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music