Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 02:23 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,526,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravity01 View Post
what more could you ask for?
How about GOOD music that's not phony baloney?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 02:56 PM

36 posts, read 77,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post
How about GOOD music that's not phony baloney?
This is pop music we're talking about here. When has it ever not been phony baloney?

Old 07-27-2010, 03:01 PM

340 posts, read 1,445,769 times
I think Jerry Seinfeld was right when he sad they should've left off the second "A" in her last name.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:14 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,526,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravity01 View Post
This is pop music we're talking about here. When has it ever not been phony baloney?
Not ALL pop music is phony BS. Artists like Imogen Heap and Bjork write intelligent music with real emotions.

Lady Gaga's act is garbage that's being passed off as high art (mostly due to her over-the-top image), and that's what pisses me off so much about her.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:36 PM

36 posts, read 77,009 times
Quote:
Not ALL pop music is phony BS. Artists like Imogen Heap and Bjork write intelligent music with real emotions.

Lady Gaga's act is garbage that's being passed off as high art (mostly due to her over-the-top image), and that's what pisses me off so much about her.
Really? Please, provide some examples of people who pass her music of as "High art". Everyone i know to acknowledges that it's electronic based pop music. Nothing "artistic" about it in the least.

I would not consider Bjork to be a pop star in the traditional sense. Does she even have any hits? Her albums are well known, but she certainly flirts with the experimental side of pop music. She's a completely different animal to Gaga.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:40 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,309 times
Comparing Bjork to Gaga is like comparing an apple in a swan dress to an orange in cigarette sunglasses.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:44 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,623,710 times
Quote:

WTH??? Imogen Heap and Bjork are ALTERNATIVE artists. Not POP artists. So your comparisons are ridiculous. Lady GaGa is pure pop. And she is great at it. One of the best right now. You know who is the worst pop artists right now. That girl Ke$ha. Or who I like to call Tra$ha.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:46 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
What the hell are cigarette sunglasses?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:22 PM

503 posts, read 710,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
WTH??? Imogen Heap and Bjork are ALTERNATIVE artists. Not POP artists. So your comparisons are ridiculous. Lady GaGa is pure pop. And she is great at it. One of the best right now. You know who is the worst pop artists right now. That girl Ke$ha. Or who I like to call Tra$ha.
i agree
artists like pink and christina aguilera are extremely talented,so talented that they seem ridiculous doing pop. christina a. should be doing like soul music and pink should be doing REAL rock,instead they do stupid pop.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:03 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
What the hell are cigarette sunglasses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music