Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 07:36 AM

529 posts, read 1,335,631 times

Advertisements

A Litany of Feelings

this Night so difficult as it excites deep feelings of despair regarding cultural protocols
that forbid me expressing unpopular needs, seeming subservient while in actuality
allowing me to soar full senses open in delicious expansion! ...
Might i borrow Thy knee Sir KnightShadow?

Lisa Gerrard - Come Tenderness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiYqYPEXsJU

Feeling totally understood, hurry to Thy resting side, sink to floor, hair cascading
free as Heart takes in Sir's busy pen, Thy knee firm against my face...
{ close eyes, breathing deep... all of life cascades full and rich untethered by time...
Goth frees something deep within... no judgements or expectations...
for primal needs to be served without question... }

Lisa Gerrard - In Exile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHwS5VZxg2c

to feel without the repressing ringing of a fine mind or carefully shaped conscience...
is the Hope of Dreaming for a Better World the final sacrifice upon the altar
of technological comfort, national security etc...

sacrifice of love and the dreams of eternal goodness to grace one's life...
but always death the constant Shadow...

my very best girlfriend in the world's Mother is dying... a stroke that first left her speechless,
unable to eat... paralyzed... yet her eyes speak to us to grasp life and dance!
Much like Sir's beliefs... dance when sorrow threatens to rip a Soul asunder...

For the Mothers in our lives whether birthed from, given to or secretly adopted by lonely Souls...
to any who have loved { Fathers, sisters, brothers, neighbors, even a pure smiling interest
from the custodial team who still looked out for you, for us... for all who sacrificed their time,
emotional energy, own personal comfort...} can the Spirit of Love, Love you any more than this...

Lisa Gerrard & Pieter Bourke - Sacrifice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoXsxYf2UMA

i spoke at length here because i feel safe here... we, collectively, are Goth...

...shyangel...

Last edited by shyangel; 03-19-2011 at 07:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 02:31 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,606 times
Default Evanescence - My Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyangel View Post
A Litany of Feelings

this Night so difficult as it excites deep feelings of despair regarding cultural protocols
that forbid me expressing unpopular needs, seeming subservient while in actuality

Feeling totally understood, hurry to Thy resting side, sink to floor, hair cascading
{ close eyes, breathing deep... all of life cascades full and rich untethered by time...

Lisa Gerrard - In Exile

to feel without the repressing ringing of a fine mind or carefully shaped conscience...

my very best girlfriend in the world's Mother is dying... a stroke that first left her speechless,

For the Mothers in our lives whether birthed from, given to or secretly adopted by lonely Souls...
to any who have loved { Fathers, sisters, brothers, neighbors, even a pure smiling interest
from the custodial team who still looked out for you, for us... for all who sacrificed their time,
emotional energy, own personal comfort...} can the Spirit of Love, Love you any more than this...

i spoke at length here because i feel safe here... we, collectively, are Goth...

...shyangel...
I was going to log off but then saw your beautiful post...and had to respond. Everything you said just clicks with me so much...and I "so" understand. I think the conflict with life is that everything we are told and see tells us we have an end...we see time clicking on...we see loved ones pass and their mortal bodies a shell. The conflict being that we feel our Souls are not mortal despite what science and logic tells us. How? could all that feeling and passion die once our body stops living?

I remember looking at my brother as he laid in his coffin...it looked like him, yet it wasn't anymore. His body felt empty and abandoned...when I went home and sat in his room...I felt him "more" there...just a feeling but energy filled with his personality.

Sometimes logic and the mind cannot explain these feelings all I know is that there is something majestic and ethereal about the soul...much like I feel when I gaze at the stars and feel the wonder all around me....

This song aptly captures those feelings I feel....

"You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5anLPw0Efmo

Old 03-19-2011, 02:44 PM

Default Faith and the Muse: Battle Hymn/ Cantus

Quote:
O lyra... how i love this piece! ... the feeling is ritualistic, medieval... releasing me
from the boundaries just a moment ago thought important...
how her voice hints of those realities behind the veil... as if unlocking an
ancient key... traveling on a journey inevitable, but reverently taken.

i must get back to studies but tug wanting to listen to this again and again... after being
so far away, re-entering the world leaves me dizzy...

Thank you for posting Elysia from Faith and the Muse!

...shyangel...
Oh I so loved it too...at first listen. It captures everything I love about music...a click with my soul and heart...the melancholy pull that makes me feel!

{hugs} (Keeping your last post in mind...of wanting understanding, that others understand)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo4XYwG24cM

"The clash of worlds is at hand.
That where Divinity in the tiniest things
Meets disregard, flat denial, dogma, or the wretched mistaking.
Dominion -
The wholesale merchandising of a belief
That sells sickness -
Born to sleepers,
The unnatural seems Natural,
It is slow death
Waking from this world,
When the Truth is veiled...
Is there no choice but to breathe in?
Sleep?

The clash of worlds is at hand.
I am the first and the last.
The passage has occurred.
I am the knowing. I am the lost.
I am the honored. I am the scorned."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_vhL...eature=related

"saevym atque ferum vipereumque malum

quod pinnis volitans super aethera cuncta fatigat teneat possideat

semper suis amoribus perfruatur "

Old 03-20-2011, 07:42 PM

1,022 posts, read 11,562,416 times
Default Commentary only to Ms. shyangel's Lisa Gerrard and Ms. lyra's response.

Quote:

A Litany of Feelings

* Nods affirmatively... understanding My Heart's Body language, My presence is what is being asked to be given, time slows down though sound expands... droplets of excess ink from pen creates a subtle symphony *

Quote:

* Very aware of each breath taken and exhaled through Tenderness... the delicate pressure of softness...
Eyes Will a non-intrusive inner attentiveness as quill pen continues scratching symbols of Life's Collective Heartbeat freeing Spirit to roam other dimensions *

Quote:

* Resist touching her in any way, the Path is through the music... this sharing has no need for body... only an Open Heart*

Quote:

Lisa Gerrard - In Exile

...shyangel...
* Sit back... letting pain wash through... not resisting, running or fixing anything... listens to Ms. Lyra while the Old latin echoes along hillsides and mountaintops... an archetypal belief made flesh as ancient as the wind's recurrent touch on craggy boulders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post

"saevym atque ferum vipereumque malum

quod pinnis volitans super aethera cuncta fatigat teneat possideat

semper suis amoribus perfruatur "
And I read the Old Latin, listen then internally ask... Why the serpent form of woman given flesh? why fear Love's possession which is owned by neither male nor female though your riddle implies Love's origins lie in a man's willingness to give up everything for her as if this is against Creation itself... suppose it is the Most Divine of Law, thereby removing the need for your labels... Your love of possessions, your love of power requires her to be either Priestess or Wh*ore where in reality neither is valid... she is something... More...

* Tilt head, dismissing the inner Sphinx, conscious of the deeper dialogue between both Ladies... Heart moved *

Beautiful... Such Darkness IS light to Us Goth... A state of emotional consciousness, of being... different yes than what passes as beauty, truth and goodness around us... Beautiful! one opens Heaven with Lisa, to allow the walking through and the Other deciphers the living Script upon the Stone that lives there... Beautiful...

KnightShadow

Last edited by KnightShadow; 03-20-2011 at 08:12 PM..

Old 03-20-2011, 09:04 PM

1,022 posts, read 11,562,416 times
Default Angelin Preljocaj - Rite of Spring and Igor Stravinsky - The Rite of Spring - Choreography Maurice Béjart

Lady shyangel... *Smile* before We symbolically express through dance, nuances of Beauty's creative processes and birth of Spring, might We first attend a gathering of Goths/Synths where both Spring's Innocence within Innocence and Our Western attitude regarding Nature as a thing to Dominate, be expressed as one and the same?

I'm sure Lady lyra will come with us as well as others so first the question regards a detour if it pleases you. Know ahead of time that nudity is shown.

[If such is offensive to others not Goth/Synth then pass this post.]

* Open the heavy door, holding it as the ladies pass then all are seated, taking in the symbolic meaning of this act.*

WARNING Can Be Psychologically Disturbing after all it's Angelin Preljocaj!
Remember this ballet is about a virgin dancing to death, in order to birth Spring.

Angelin Preljocaj - Rite of Spring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7L6qlLvn24

* lean over handing Lady shyangel a tote bag during intermission... chuckle with a Smile, gestures to rise and follow Me backstage... once there, open My own bag throwing tights over shoulder, teases*

The Only time You shall ever see Me in them! Skin tone to invoke the idea of nudity. Lady I will be partnered with you this Night to Welcome the Rites of Spring. We are the Principal Dancers.* laughs at your blushing excitement*

May your deepest heart be satisfied... I prefer this interpretation because I believe male/female energies are meant to join together in the final act birthing spring, and not a virgin dance of death! * Smile... pointing to your dressing room* See you on stage! HA!

Igor Stravinsky "The Rite of Spring"
Choreography: Maurice Béjart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0xNo2894Fw

And now it is My turn to ask, Did that make YOU smile? HA!!

Happy Spring Equinox Goths/Synths!

KnightShadow

Last edited by KnightShadow; 03-20-2011 at 09:14 PM..

Old 03-22-2011, 09:54 PM

599 posts, read 5,730,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow View Post
Happy Spring Equinox Goths/Synths!
I wish all the Goths a Vacker vår (beautiful spring).
----------------------------------------------------

After reading all the beautiful posts that have been posted lately and I started to doubt if I really fit in here in this thread. I do not share your ability to compose such intricate pieces. Neither am I at all as "artsy" as you folks. I'm most definitely not Goth enough. Living in Gothenburg for almost 30 years apparently did not have that strong of an impact on me as one might have thought.

I hope you can find it in your hearts to accept the black sheep in the group, i.e. the Synth amongst the Goths.

So in a (quite lame) attempt to seem a little more Goth I'll share two not so blipblopp-ish songs. (They don't even have the signature Synth beat).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC1f0...eature=related

Covenant - Invisible and Silent
I'm tricked by your smile
want to be forgiven
waiting for the battle
aching for belief

but your answer is wrong
and my spirit is broken
like choirs in the winter
singing out of key

I am silent
invisible to you
while I count the days gone by

I am silent
invisible to you
while I shape the things to come

I try so hard
to fight for an illusion
holding my breath
biting my tongue
I try to cope
so give me a reason
I'm waiting for help

I'm trapped by my guilt
want to be forgotten
tired of the noise
aching for relief

but your anger is gone
and my silence is golden
like fires on the water
drifting out of reach

I am silent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvBpR...eature=related

The English translation (using Google translate, ie some parts doesn't really make sense):

Funker Vogt - "For You"
Your vision is the best medicine
You lead me to heaven
Give me your adrenaline
My blood flows through your veins
The feeling near you reflected so deep and so good

We are obsessed with each other
Nothing keeps us more on
To heaven, free from gravity
Take me along for the ride
Show me the path of openness only met with your love

This song is just for you
Its validity will
Even if my journey ends
Live your dream live your life!
And you should always be aware of:
Always I shall go with you

The original lyric in case someone actually knows German:

"Für Dich"
Dein Anblick ist die beste Medizin
Du führst mich in den Himmel
Schenkst mir dein Adrenalin
Durch deine Venen fließt mein Blut
Das Gefühl deiner Nähe reflektiert so tief und so gut

Wir sind voneinander besessen
Nichts hält uns je mehr auf
Zum Himmel von Schwerkraft befreit
Nimm mich mit auf die Reise
Zeig mir den Weg der Offenherzigkeit nur erfüllt mit deiner Liebe

Dieses Lied ist nur für dich
Seine Gültigkeit erhalten
Selbst wenn mein Weg zu Ende ist
Leb deinen Traum, leb dein Leben!
Und sei dir stets bewusst:
Immer werd’ ich dich begleiten

Last edited by joox; 03-22-2011 at 10:28 PM..

Old 03-22-2011, 10:13 PM

599 posts, read 5,730,525 times
A strong sense of blipblopp withdraw came over me... so here we go again

Sweden's cutest and far most nerdiest Synthpop band. S.P.O.C.K.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhbwJ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7KWx...eature=related

Old 03-23-2011, 02:17 AM

Default Autumn Tears - The Broken Doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow View Post
* Nods affirmatively... understanding My Heart's Body language, My presence is what is being asked to be given, time slows down though sound expands... droplets of excess ink from pen creates a subtle symphony *

* Sit back... letting pain wash through... not resisting, running or fixing anything... listens to Ms. Lyra while the Old latin echoes along hillsides and mountaintops... an archetypal belief made flesh as ancient as the wind's recurrent touch on craggy boulders*

And I read the Old Latin, listen then internally ask... Why the serpent form of woman given flesh? why fear Love's possession which is owned by neither male nor female though your riddle implies Love's origins lie in a man's willingness to give up everything for her as if this is against Creation itself... suppose it is the Most Divine of Law, thereby removing the need for your labels... Your love of possessions, your love of power requires her to be either Priestess or Wh*ore where in reality neither is valid... she is something... More...

* Tilt head, dismissing the inner Sphinx, conscious of the deeper dialogue between both Ladies... Heart moved *

Beautiful... Such Darkness IS light to Us Goth... A state of emotional consciousness, of being... different yes than what passes as beauty, truth and goodness around us... Beautiful! one opens Heaven with Lisa, to allow the walking through and the Other deciphers the living Script upon the Stone that lives there... Beautiful...

KnightShadow
Beautiful response as always... Darkness is light because without it we would have nothing to measure light. Even the way we physically see is a result of light entering through the darkest part of our eyes...death makes life more vibrant, and feeling is the same way...without pain joy becomes meaningless...So maybe in the same way male and female provide perspective for us to feel, learn...and know. Perhaps the simplest truth is "contrast" paints knowledge and understanding...

"Beware, dearest daughter, beware of the silent ones
the beautiful ones, for now,they are all but whispers
tempered within the edifice of time

Beware,dearest daughter, for they are far less merciful than I

Even in death, my spirit cries out to her, weeping for the youth that was raped
the innocence that was defiled, her pale, child-like, porcelain face

Now shattered into a thousand tiny fragments of lifeless beauty

each reflecting its own horror

I laugh at the mockery and irony of fate, for she spares no ones as she dances hand in hand with time
she taunts us with her invisible smile, a smile which to me reflects only a masque
a masque which my face no longer wear

Beware, dearest daughter, beware of the silent ones, beware, dearest daughter
for they are far less merciful than I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK48J...eature=related

Last edited by lyra33; 03-23-2011 at 03:06 AM..

Old 03-23-2011, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joox View Post
I wish all the Goths a Vacker vår (beautiful spring).
----------------------------------------------------

After reading all the beautiful posts that have been posted lately and I started to doubt if I really fit in here in this thread. I do not share your ability to compose such intricate pieces. Neither am I at all as "artsy" as you folks. I'm most definitely not Goth enough. Living in Gothenburg for almost 30 years apparently did not have that strong of an impact on me as one might have thought.

I hope you can find it in your hearts to accept the black sheep in the group, i.e. the Synth amongst the Goths.

So in a (quite lame) attempt to seem a little more Goth I'll share two not so blipblopp-ish songs. (They don't even have the signature Synth beat).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC1f0...eature=related

Covenant - Invisible and Silent
I'm tricked by your smile
want to be forgiven
waiting for the battle
aching for belief

but your answer is wrong
and my spirit is broken
like choirs in the winter
singing out of key

I am silent
invisible to you
while I count the days gone by

I am silent
invisible to you
while I shape the things to come

I try so hard
to fight for an illusion
holding my breath
biting my tongue
I try to cope
so give me a reason
I'm waiting for help

I'm trapped by my guilt
want to be forgotten
tired of the noise
aching for relief

but your anger is gone
and my silence is golden
like fires on the water
drifting out of reach

I am silent
Great lyrics. I have enjoyed your posts...if anyone is going to be the black sheep of the thread it's going to be me! Personally I like finding common threads instead of what is different. Then...after you have made that connection you get the chance to expand your horizons by individuality. Life would be pretty boring if we were all exactly the same!

Old 03-23-2011, 02:59 AM

Default Evereve - Escape... On Lucid Wings

Knightshadow- it's interesting to think of Spring as being brought forth from sacrifice...I have always envisioned Spring to be one of life....and life beginning again. I have always associated Autumn with dying...so maybe Autumn is the virgin bringing forth Spring?
.................................................. .........

Escaping limitations, definitions, boundaries, rules, laws.....

"Another orphaned field
Another broken shield
Another voice that whispers
"...Escape, Escape, Escape..."

I shall kiss the glowing fun
Carried away forever
I shall taste the golden wine
Carried away forever (forever more)

"...Escape, Escape, Escape... On lucid wings"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhuR6...eature=related
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music