Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 07:34 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,195 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Metallica - To Live Is To Die

Old 05-14-2009, 02:10 PM

78 posts, read 129,910 times
Thumbs up "Have any of you ever really "felt" music?-hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Here's one all the late 90's kids will remember. I know I do. I always thought this song was awesome for some reason. Maybe, because it is. Wonder whatever happened to Downset!

YouTube - DOWNSET - Anger (1.25.01)

I know I've posted a few Deftones songs but, I just really like the album "Around the Fur" This is the song, "Around the Fur" Hope you all enjoy it. But if you don't, keep it to yourself as I am so very sensitive

YouTube - deftones - Around the Fur - Around the Fur

And last but never least, Joe Satriani "Surfing with the Alien" If you are not familiar with Joe please, for the love of music, stop right now and listen. Joe has been called the greatest guitarist of all time and taught more well known guitarists of our time than I can count on two hands. Truly one of the greatest guitarists you will ever see. And I know he is supposed to be the absolute, bar none fastest guitarist in the world.

YouTube - Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien

To all users on this thread, thanks for sharing your music with us. Please continue to do so. This is my favorite place to visit on City Data. Reps to you all, if you haven't recieved them from me already.
R2M question- Have any of you ever really felt music? I have literaly felt it at a Motorhead show last summer in San Bernadino-loudest ever!!! thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest cavity
I have also felt it to where it brings a tear of joy because your so touched by a certain song or riff or lyric that takes you back to a time in your life. It makes a good day better, a bad day good, it is (to me) like a drug that i cannot get enough of that never leaves you with a hangover-but always wanting more. Music has always been and will always be there-period, it has shaped who i am as a person. Music has opened up my eyes to truths out there i would not have known about otherwise. It has brought to life friendships, and memories i will never forget. It has taught...and for that i am extremely thankful for the day whatever switch was flipped inside me that has allowed me to enjoy it 110% for the last 29 years-but still be a responsible, caring, compassionate adult/father/husband
So to answer Reads question, Have any of you ever really felt music? HELL YES BROTHER-and I'm still feelin' it-every day...and thanks for the thought inspiring question

to MMC, 6/3, R2M, Moonie, Rarewonder, Roofarmer, catman, PCF and many others on this thread you have all opened up my eyes to new music -mucho gracias to all of you and reps to all as well

so here's what flipped my switch at 11 years old

YouTube - Boston - More Than A Feeling (Sound Remastered)

What flipped yours????

Old 05-14-2009, 06:21 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,335,612 times
^ Thank you for your thought provoking answer BD...
it was insightful and true to the core. As to Metal for
me it was Mortal Kombit but as to music itself... woww...
I'll have to really go back and think deeply... at present
I'm not so sure...

R2M, as to the question of "feeling" the music... heck yea!
Sometimes to the point of having to not hear it because of
an immediate effect upon my emotions or and body...

Tone feels physical to me... sound thru music
opens me deeply to other realities beyond the 5
physical senses... Sound has a colour and personality
that depending on its mixture could take me to the
highest levels of being or to the darkest depths of
despair... so music is both a blessing and a great
danger to me because I feel it as a living entity...

Thats the best way I can explain it... Thank you
for asking such a question... I cannot imagine life
without song... it would just seem almost not
worth enduring... if I had been born not hearing
then thats different, but having heard as I hear...
I would need a lot of therapy to adjust to a world
where I no longer had my "song" friends...

Again thank you for asking

MMC

`

Old 05-14-2009, 06:28 PM

Default Metal Militia - Sick of It - audio only

Metal Militia - Sick of It - audio only

YouTube - Metal Militia - Sick of It

Old 05-15-2009, 12:41 AM

2,023 posts, read 5,312,708 times

YouTube - Metallica - Leper Messiah

Old 05-15-2009, 12:52 AM

Default Slayer - Reign In Blood

Slayer - Reign In Blood

YouTube - Slayer - Raining Blood (Download Festival 2005)

... a close look inside the pit...

YouTube - Slayer - Raining Blood (Live @ Tuska 2008)

MMC

`

Old 05-15-2009, 12:59 AM

More brutal thrash.

YouTube - EXHORDER - 02 Desecrator

Old 05-15-2009, 01:09 AM

Influential band.

YouTube - Possessed - Pentagram

Old 05-15-2009, 01:17 AM

YouTube - Possessed: Intro/The Heretic

Old 05-15-2009, 01:37 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksinDenver View Post
R2M question- Have any of you ever really felt music? I have literaly felt it at a Motorhead show last summer in San Bernadino-loudest ever!!! thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest cavity
I have also felt it to where it brings a tear of joy because your so touched by a certain song or riff or lyric that takes you back to a time in your life. It makes a good day better, a bad day good, it is (to me) like a drug that i cannot get enough of that never leaves you with a hangover-but always wanting more. Music has always been and will always be there-period, it has shaped who i am as a person. Music has opened up my eyes to truths out there i would not have known about otherwise. It has brought to life friendships, and memories i will never forget. It has taught...and for that i am extremely thankful for the day whatever switch was flipped inside me that has allowed me to enjoy it 110% for the last 29 years-but still be a responsible, caring, compassionate adult/father/husband
So to answer Reads question, Have any of you ever really felt music? HELL YES BROTHER-and I'm still feelin' it-every day...and thanks for the thought inspiring question

to MMC, 6/3, R2M, Moonie, Rarewonder, Roofarmer, catman, PCF and many others on this thread you have all opened up my eyes to new music -mucho gracias to all of you and reps to all as well

so here's what flipped my switch at 11 years old

What flipped yours????
My favorite thing, since I was a little girl, was to have the stereo turned up to 11 and "feel" the vibration move through me. I could close my eyes and be surrounded by the music. It's still something I seek out now. To be completely engulfed by the sound and vibration of pounding drums, soaring guitar and thumping bass.

I think the very earliest memory I have of being surrounded by a wall of music is when my Dad bought the 45 of this song home. (Most of you won't know it but it's huge in Oz! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQfAZVsz6KM

AND today I've been making my wall with this.

YouTube - Metallica - Of Wolf and Man (Studio Version)

Thank you too brooks! And everybody! I can see I have to go buy more cd's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music