Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 02:26 AM

977 posts, read 1,956,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwelleaut View Post
#5 Their cover of Bob Seger's "On The Road Again"...
You mean Turn the Page? I do love that cover. That and Astronomy are my favorite songs off Garage Inc.

S&M is my favorite album of all time, as far as original music I would go with Ride the Lightning.

Individual songs (no particular order):
Four Horseman
Fade to Black
Call of Ktulu
Battery
One
Holier Than Thou
The Unforgiven (all 3)
Until it Sleeps
Outlaw Torn
That Was Just Your Life
My Apocalypse

Bottom line...Metallica is greatest band of all time...it's hard to listen to anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 03:06 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashM View Post
Let's post here our Metallica's fav songs.

Metallica is one of my most fav bands no doubt. Here is the reasons why I like Metallica:

-Hetfield (vocalist of Metallica) is one of the few singers who performs songs in a sincere and emotional manner. And that's what I like.
-I adore that you never know what you gonna hear next second cause they constantly change rhythm and melodies during the one song. Music falters and stammer in a wonderful way.

Some people say that Metallica became more commercial and more popish after 'And Justice For All' album. Many fans like all Metallica albums up to 'And Justice For All' though they don't like albums starting from 'Black Album'. Well, I have to agree with them. You know, I do like 'Ride The Lightning', 1984, 'Master of Puppets', 1986, 'And Justice For All', 1988. These albums are excellent but 'Black Album' is not excellent. It's just
good but not excellent.

Here is my little list with a bit of comments.

1. Kill'em All, 1983.

Well, the album itself is not a masterpiece. In general it's a pretty good album but it's too tiresome for me cause there's too much squeal and noise. Besides, lot of songs are pretty similar. Moreover lyrics is really silly.

My fav is probably 'Motorbreath'. It's a wondeful song. Really good.

I also like 'No remorse', 'Phantom Lord', 'The Four Horsemen'.

2. Ride The Lightning, 1984.

Just terrific and staggering. One of the greates albums I ever heard.
I like it all the way through. Not only the music is great but the lyrics too.
Can't narrow the list down to only one song. The album differs much from 'Kill'em All' in a better way.

'For Whom The Bell Tolls' is wonderful.

'Fade To Black' is a genious one. One of the best songs to listen to if you're depressed. It's a very sorrowful ballade with the greatest lyrics.

Life it seems, will fade away
Drifting further every day
Getting lost within myself
Nothing matters no one else

'Trapped Under Ice'. Great music and great lyrics.

I don't know how to live trough this hell
Woken up, I'm still locked in this shell
Frozen soul, frozen down to the core
Break the ice, I can't take anymore

'Escape'. Excellent. The lyrics could be a great motto for any teen:

Out of my own, out to be free
One with my mind, they just can't see
No need to hear things that they say
Life is for my own to live my own way

'Creeping Death'. Not a great lyrics but great music, very dynamic and rapid.

'The Call Of Ktulu'. Just good dismal instrumental one.

3. Master of Puppets, 1986.

Another terrific album of Metallica. It's hard to compare but I tend to think that I like 'Right The Lightning' album rather more.

'Battery'. Not great melody but good rapid one.

'Master Of Puppets'. Pretty good though I'm not a great fan of it.

'The Thing That Should Not Be'. I like it a lot. Especially I like Hetfield's way to sing some parts of it like this one:

Messenger of fear in sight
Dark deception kills the light

'Disposable Heroes' Definitely it is one of my fav Metallica's songs. Both the lyrics and the music are super great. I adore constantly changing pace and rhythm all the way through.

'Leper Messiah'. I don't care for lyrics but music is pretty good. One of the most hard and aggressive one.

'Orion' is just another good instrumental one.

'Damage, Inc.' Good one. Too damn fast Lol

4. And Justice For All, 1988.

I don't like it as I like two previous albums though it's pretty good too. Metallica's songs became less fast and not so dynamic.

My favs are 'Blackened', 'And Justice For All', 'Eye Of The Beholder', 'The Shortest Straw', 'Harvester Of Sorrow', 'To Live Is To Die'.

5. Metallica (Black album), 1991.

Some Metallica's fans say that Metallica became more commercial starting from this album that's why they don't care for it. It seems like it was adjusted for airing on the radio. I have to agree.

I do like 'Enter Sandman'. Very tuneful.

I also used to like 'Wherever I May Roam'.

But my fav is 'The Unforgiven' without any doubt. One of the greatest song ever That's because this particular song I became a fan of Metallica way back and started to listen to their albums.

6. Load, 1996.

I don't care for 'Load' on the whole, though 'Ain't My B*#ch' is not bad. I also adore the beginning of 'Until It Sleeps'.

7. Reload, 1997.

I don't care for this album though I do like the begininning of 'The Memory Remains' because of Hetfield's way to sing it.

8. Garage Inc., 1998.

Again, I don't' care for this album though 'Whiskey In The Jar' and 'Die, Die My Darling' are pretty nice.
off of Kill em All: Motorbreath.
kill em all used to be my favorite Metallica album when i was younger - i dont really care for it anymore.

off of Ride the Lightning: i dont really care for that album anymore. i liked it when i was younger.

Master of Puppets: Metallica's best album IMO. i pretty much like all the songs except Master of Puppets. too long and that song is frickin' tedious. i think Disposable Heros would have been a better title track. if i had to pick a favorite off of that one, i'll say Leper Mesiah, followed closely by everything else.

5.98 EP: The Small Hours

And Justice For All: Harvester of Sorrow. followed by To Live is to Die.

Black Album: other than the first minute and a half of Dont Tread on Me, i'll go with Sad but True.

Load: Until it Sleeps

Re-Load: i like a handful of songs on that album. mostly the ones that got radio play.

Garage Days Inc.: i like a handful of those songs: Devil Man, Whiskey in the Jar (a little tedious), i actually like most of the cover songs on that album, but it's not something i listen to alot.

and those are all of the Metallica albums that held enough interest for me to go out and buy them.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:53 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Thumbs up *

Every song they played @ woodstock 94 I love!!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metall...-4bd6dbfa.html

Old 10-16-2016, 09:21 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
I love Hero of the Day.

And their version of Whiskey in the Jar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music