Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 06:38 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,549,639 times

Advertisements

I bought tickets, but I was scalped! Seriously, I paid $150 for seats that were selling for $95. That's because I went through an online ticket broker who was selling the seats for another company! That means these tickets were marked up twice! I'll know better next time; if I ever do this again, I'm going to buy my ticket from Ticketmaster the very second they go on sale. Still, this is once again the event of a lifetime for me. I'm going to let the money aspect go now, and just concentrate on enjoying the show. Thanks, everyone, for your input!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 04:10 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,388 times
U2 is a great band, you might better see them now, before it's too late. Plus I think people's voices change a bit with age. oops,--dont tell that to Bono. I have always been a fan of U2 but I can't honestly say I would see any band for 300 dollars, even if I could make out their entire song lineup for that concert. Anyway, that's kind of steep for me. The fact that your asking this question, tells me you think it's pretty steep yourself. So I would do the next best thing, I would opt for the cheaper tickets and bring a fine set of binoculars......If that won't do it for you, rent U2 inconcert and order in. Total less than $30.00...

Have fun either way...........

Old 04-09-2009, 10:29 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
....If that won't do it for you, rent U2 inconcert and order in. Total less than $30.00...

Have fun either way...........
Actually I have a group of friends that gets together and has our own "mini concert" when any of our favorite bands releases a new dvd. With all the fancy surround sound systems and big screen tv's people have these days you can have a really good "night out" staying in.

Anyway I reckon despite the price tag you'll have a ball Sandy!

If it makes you feel any better I had to add international airfare onto my ticket costs to see Heart as my once in a life time. It was well worth it! AND if I ever get the chance to see Pearl Jam on American soil just once in my life I'd spend the bucks on that too!

Old 04-09-2009, 10:39 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,105,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I need input from people who have actually seen them live. Would it be worth it for me to spend $300 on semi-decent tickets?? I've been wanting to see this band for the past twenty years; it's one of the things I want to do before I die. They're playing at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena; it's the last stop on their U.S. tour this fall. I started looking at the seating chart, and now I have a headache. Help?
I saw them in the early 90's. It was their Zoo Tour. It was a good show but they were much younger than they are now. I paid a lot for the tickets back then when I was young and foolish.

Now that I am much older and wiser I would not pay anything over 40 dollars to see any band (even Springsteen).

Old 04-10-2009, 05:40 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,139,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I bought tickets, but I was scalped! Seriously, I paid $150 for seats that were selling for $95. That's because I went through an online ticket broker who was selling the seats for another company! That means these tickets were marked up twice! I'll know better next time; if I ever do this again, I'm going to buy my ticket from Ticketmaster the very second they go on sale. Still, this is once again the event of a lifetime for me. I'm going to let the money aspect go now, and just concentrate on enjoying the show. Thanks, everyone, for your input!!!

I did this for a living, and while I've been laid off for 4 months now it is ultimately for the best. I hope to find a job more upstanding. I did acquire office skills in addition to honing existing sales and communication skills. Eventuially, I'll do something more rewarding, even if I end up at Burger King which in this economy could happen.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:44 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
I wouldn't mind paying $300 for a ticket to see a band I've never seen before but only if I figured it was perhaps the only time I'd ever see them...in other words, a once in a lifetime event. I've never seen U2, so seeing them would be cool. However, they are not one of my top 5 faves so I wouldn't pay that much. But if you like them enough, I say go for it and have a good time. You can make the $300 up somewhere else...like eating Top Ramen only for a couple of weekends...

Old 05-25-2017, 07:35 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1
U2 is a great band, you might better see them now, before it's too late...
Well I think they used to be but after thier WAR tour they started to go downhill....

I have thier 1983 concert in denver on VHS and its insanely good!!!!!!

I have thier first 3 records (BOY,OCTOBER and WAR) and sadly the 1st and 3rd sound horrible but the 2nd which I think is thier BEST,thankfully sounds excellent!

I have no idea why (OR HOW RATHER) the guy who produced these botched up the 1st and 3rd albums but its sad....

Old 05-25-2017, 11:54 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,526,311 times
I saw U2 during their U2 360° Tour back in 2009. Saw them at the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. Greta stage, show and set list. However, on as stadium concert, I will definitely pay high dollars to be close to the stage. I was at mid-level, and the sound in an open stadium gets lost. I could hear people talking right next to me, way too impersonal. I personally dislike stadium shows. I prefer medium closed arenas.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:52 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,415 times
Old thread, but they are touring again doing The Joshua Tree. I'm not going, though I have seen them three times. The ZOO TV tour was by far my favorite, probably in my top ten concerts all time, and I've been to quite a few. Wish they were doing Achtung Baby, I'd definitely go to that!

Old 05-25-2017, 09:45 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I saw them in 2001 on their Elevation Tour. It was a great show and it's definitely worth seeing them at least once. I probably won't see them again though since the concert scene isn't really my thing anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music