Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 01:08 PM

1,280 posts, read 2,443,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Kool Moe Dee and Ice T were good tho. Lotsa rappers hated on LL. I think they were jealous of his dimples.

YouTube - LL Cool J: To Da Break Of Dawn - Kool Moe Dee, Ice T Diss

LoL, talk about ending careers, he ended Canibus before he could start...

Old 06-03-2010, 01:16 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Yeah 50 cent is a punk. Mobb Deep officially sold out when they signed with him imo. At least we'll always have The Infamous and Hell on Earth (not a fan of Murda Muzik or anything else they've done after that.)

Speaking of "Fiddy" have you seen what he looks like lately? I guess he had to lose weight for some movie role.

Wait for it.....

BAM!

Looks like a crackhead.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:20 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,825 times
Look at the size of his wig.

That's Alien like.

YouTube - Ice Cube - Color Blind

Old 06-03-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Triny33 View Post
LoL, talk about ending careers, he ended Canibus before he could start...
Oh yeah those two had major beef. I'd like to see those two pretty boys fight.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:35 PM

YouTube - Ice Cube-Givin Up the Nappy Dugout

Old 06-03-2010, 05:10 PM

YouTube - Mystikal-Neck Uv Da Woods (Feat. OutKast)

Old 06-03-2010, 05:46 PM

YouTube - The D.O.C - It's Funky Enough | *Best Quality* (1989)

Old 06-03-2010, 07:43 PM

92 posts, read 119,124 times
I'm a huge KiD CuDi fan along with lupe fiasco.
and when I get into one of my old skool moods, bone thugs n harmony always brings a smile to my face.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:16 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,757,440 times
Does anybody in this thread listen to anything besides 90's east coast underground? Just curious... I used to listen to a lot of that (Godfather Don, Cenobites, Da Youngstas/Illy Funkstaz, Royal Flush, Rough House Survivors, Nine, The Artifacts, etc.) but now I don't listen to any of it... got tired of it. The music component wasn't strong enough... the lyrical style was focused too much on b-boying and freestyling as opposed to actually saying something (good or bad). IMO the bay and the south do a better job of that... there's also more focus on the bass, which is seriously lacking in 90's east coast rap. Even the newer east coast rap sound lacks bass.

I'll clarify more about the lyricism part. While obviously there's a lot of conscious emcees on the east coast, a lot of the time east coast rappers are just trying to rhyme for the sake of rhyming (ie Godfather Don) and punchlines for the sake of punchlines (ie Big L). The only east coast rappers who tend to rap in a continous every-line-matters sort of way that I've heard would be rappers like Nas, Jay-Z, Camp Lo, Killah Priest, Raekwon and a couple others. On the west coast, lyricism is more about being relatable and less about proving that you can bite Rakim and rhyme history with mystery.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Does anybody in this thread listen to anything besides 90's east coast underground? Just curious... I used to listen to a lot of that (Godfather Don, Cenobites, Da Youngstas/Illy Funkstaz, Royal Flush, Rough House Survivors, Nine, The Artifacts, etc.) but now I don't listen to any of it... got tired of it. The music component wasn't strong enough... the lyrical style was focused too much on b-boying and freestyling as opposed to actually saying something (good or bad). IMO the bay and the south do a better job of that... there's also more focus on the bass, which is seriously lacking in 90's east coast rap. Even the newer east coast rap sound lacks bass.

I'll clarify more about the lyricism part. While obviously there's a lot of conscious emcees on the east coast, a lot of the time east coast rappers are just trying to rhyme for the sake of rhyming (ie Godfather Don) and punchlines for the sake of punchlines (ie Big L). The only east coast rappers who tend to rap in a continous every-line-matters sort of way that I've heard would be rappers like Nas, Jay-Z, Camp Lo, Killah Priest, Raekwon and a couple others. On the west coast, lyricism is more about being relatable and less about proving that you can bite Rakim and rhyme history with mystery.
Fam! I like Hip Hop it doesn't matter where you are from. It has to be good homes!

Add some of your favs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music