U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 12:28 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,511,396 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much Expit!! for your beautiful music.Oud is my favorite instrument in my life.
Joy Budway is perfect.. I love him too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 12:42 PM

FlashM!! I heard the song twice now and no Arabian words in the song except the two names ...Moustafa , Ibrahim . There are the names of our prophet Mohamed [peace upon him] ............and The rest of the song is parsi .

Last edited by Mona Mee; 05-07-2009 at 12:52 PM..

Old 05-07-2009, 12:44 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,543,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New-Mona View Post
FlashM!! I heard the song twice now and no Arabian words in the song except the two names ...Moustafa , Ibrahim . There are the names of our prophet Mohamed [pease upon him] ............and The rest of the song is parsi .
You mean that the words are Parsi? And there are no Arabian words?

Old 05-07-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashM View Post
You mean that the words are Parsi? And there are no Arabian words?
Absolutely....As I told you except the two names are arabian.
I am pretty sure about that.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Absolutely....As I told you except the two names are arabian.
Do you know Parsi language too?
Anyways, I'm curious whether the Parsi language belongs to Arabian languages or not?

Old 05-07-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Do you know Parsi language too?
Anyways, I'm curious whether the Parsi language belongs to Arabian languages or not?
In fact I don't know parsi but I know the sound of the language...I mean phonetics. I can find out the language not the meaning of the words.

Parsi and Arabic have the same letters but it write differently.

parsi is the language of Iran........Right??

Old 05-07-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
parsi is the language of Iran........Right??
Yep, as far as I know.
I've just looked up in the wiki page and saw that these countries speak Parsi (Persian): Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Bahrain. I would say these countries are the large part of an Arabian world.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Yep, as far as I know.
I've just looked up in the wiki page and saw that these countries speak Parsi (Persian): Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Bahrain. I would say these countries are the large part of an Arabian world.
These information are totally true. Great knowledge, thanks to you FlashM!!

Old 05-07-2009, 01:42 PM

42,671 posts, read 69,173,813 times
Quote:
I don't know exactly how many they are.
There are 24 countries which people can speak Arabic as their Mother tongue. these countries are called the Arab Nations. It is placed between north Africa and south west Asia.

I am from Egypt ,and of course I speak Arabic fluently. I can teach you Arabic and you teach me your English..We can enhance our languages together. I am just kidding...I am improving my English every time I come on the forum.
Thanks---You Egyptians speak Arabic funny---G instad of J. (I'm also just kidding, of course).

I think at least half the Arab countries have rigid censoring of movies and TV, so women dressed like those singers in the videos would not be allowed.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:53 PM

42,671 posts, read 69,173,813 times
Parsi, of Farsi, is the language of the ancient Persians, now Iranians. It is an Indo-European language, closely related to the languges of India, and is more closely related to English than to Arabic. Arabic is a Semitic language, a smaller group of languages that also includes Hebrew, and originated in the Arabian penisula and the Horn of Africa region.

However, centuries ago when Islam was expanding its influence, Farsi adopted the Arabic alphabet to enable the Persians to study the Koran. So written Farsi looks like written Arabic. The languages are completely dissimilar, they just use the same alphabet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or