Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 04:54 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
I'm sorry I thought you were in some other thread talking about how Lambert was a not "cool" enough for the current time period, therefore implying that the millions of people who vote for him don't know what's cool... Maybe that was somebody else???
Don't think I used the word "cool" in that post. Saying that Lambert has a sound, a look, and an attitude (in my opinion) of someone from an 80's hair band has nothing to do with implying that anyone who would feel the need to vote for him, or anyone else on that game show for that matter, is less than, wait for it, COOL. I know how much you like that word.

And again, you can bash Nickleback all you want. I don't like them. And if I did, I still would not care what your opinion of them would be. Best of luck in your catch phrase creating endeavors. Might want to keep your day job. But what do I know. You ARE the god of all that is cool. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 10:31 AM

704 posts, read 1,872,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Don't think I used the word "cool" in that post. Saying that Lambert has a sound, a look, and an attitude (in my opinion) of someone from an 80's hair band has nothing to do with implying that anyone who would feel the need to vote for him, or anyone else on that game show for that matter, is less than, wait for it, COOL. I know how much you like that word.

And again, you can bash Nickleback all you want. I don't like them. And if I did, I still would not care what your opinion of them would be. Best of luck in your catch phrase creating endeavors. Might want to keep your day job. But what do I know. You ARE the god of all that is cool. Right?

I'll keep both my day and night job. And if working 70 hours a week, watching American Idol and changing diapers in my sparetime makes me cool, than you can call me Miles Davis.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:24 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,431 times
Quote:
I'll keep both my day and night job. And if working 70 hours a week, watching American Idol and changing diapers in my sparetime makes me cool, than you can call me Miles Davis.

Working 70 hours a week and being a good parent absolutely makes you cool. Props to you. And if you think about it, we both love music, albeit different styles, so we do have that in common. Take it easy man.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:34 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,261 times
Quote:
What is it with the current crop of trailer park rock bands? Nickelback, Hinder, Saving Abel, Theory of a Deadman, Alter bridge. This is some of the most uncreative, monotonous, mysoginistic music to disgrace the airwaves since the late eighties. What is up with this crap? If you actually like this drivel please stand up and be counted so I can see that I can see that I am actually completely out of touch and don't understand what is cool.
Have you just heard Alter Bridge on the radio? I have listened to both their albums frequently and they are very talented, the songs are meaningful, very catchy in a different way, great voice control, and every song is different but memorable in its own special way. The guitar playing and vocals frequently bring tears of happiness to my eyes. If you have only heard a hit or two on the radio you are not hearing the complete experience. This is coming from someone most assuredly not in their demographic audience, I am a grandmother who has enjoyed good music all of my life.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:18 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
I was thinking this would be about an actual genre. Some band called "The Fleetwoods" had a member who went on to manage a trailer park. Another group, rap/rock, called "Phunk Junkeez" had two members who grew up in trailer parks.

My initial thought was it was intended to refer to Southern rock and country-rock, particularly groups appealing to poor whites. So maybe groups or musicians like Bo Bice, Kid Rock, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and/or The Marshall Tucker Band.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:36 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,139,299 times
Not neccessarily a good catch phrase as many people I know in trailer parks have good tastes in music. But, I feel your frustration. I would wholeheartedly and enthusiasticly listen to 80's hair metal over any of this rubbish like NB and Alter Bridge.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:51 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,575,770 times
Stuff like Motley Crue comes to mind immediately.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:37 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,925,363 times
Too bad this thread has been resurrected. Is it really about the music? Seems it was started for no other reason than to disparage people from a certain socio-economic background. But, that's just my opinion. And we all know what they say about opinions.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:39 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,531,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I never heard of the term trailer park bands.

You want people to stand up and admit they like bad music? That should be no problem at all since all those wrappers stand up tall, hold their hands up while twisting their wrists with theirr thumbs and pointer fingers pointing down and out. Then they will grab their crotch a few times. Does this count?

Never heard of trailer park music. What the hell is it?
the evil system doesn't allow me to +1 you on this excellent post

Old 01-18-2010, 01:00 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,566,750 times
Urban Dictionary: hesher
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music