U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 10:05 AM

4,538 posts, read 5,633,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroofarmer View Post
I used to have a Rolf Harris LP with I've Been Everywhere, Sun Arise, and of course Tie Me Kanagaroo Down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 02:26 PM

99,107 posts, read 25,992,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
I used to have a Rolf Harris LP with I've Been Everywhere, Sun Arise, and of course Tie Me Kanagaroo Down
Rolf Harris !! What a treasure he is!! Tie Me Kangaroo Down ....Gulf Coast Padre Island ......memories 1961 ...1962.....

YouTube - Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport - sang by Rolf Harris

Old 06-11-2009, 08:14 PM

1,860 posts, read 2,724,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
How about White Knight by Cledus Maggard and Convoy by C.W. McCall? Might as well mention Eastbound and Down from the Smokey & the Bandit movie. l like the music that came out when Citizens' Band was the craze (late 70s). Cledus Maggard and the Citizens Band (!) made a hilarious album back then.
Hell Yeah

YouTube - Smokey and The Bandit - East Bound and Down.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:45 AM

9,925 posts, read 8,857,988 times
Talking Yeah Breaker one9, this here's the Rubber Duck. You gotta copy on me Big Ben, c'mon?

I know somebody already mentioned this but it is probably my favorite Truckin' song from back in the day. My Dad FLOGGED it when he was home!
I even remember we had a convoy and blockade here in April 1979 (when I was a kid) that involved thousands of truckies and shut down our major supply route and most of the country for 9 days and I'm sure this song provided the inspiration if not the motivation. It was the CB that did it! Hundreds of truckers on CB.

YouTube - Convoy - C. W. McCall (1975)

And this is my other favorite truckin song and one that always reminds me of my Dad. Probably nobody's heard it but whenever I hear it I always think of him and all the blokes we've had the pleasure of knowing over the years. Blokes that would give you the shirt of their back. So this one is for my Dad, and all the truckies, including those we've lost. May they always be chasing southern lights in the distant sky.

YouTube - Jimmy Barnes - Driving Wheels

Truckies carry this country.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:45 PM

6,340 posts, read 1,514,320 times
We've got a crossroads here of interstates and rural routes. So, the city handles truck and train traffic, and everyone seems to come through here. At one time, we had four truckstops, and I waitressed at three of them throughout the years, the first time to make money to go back to college then later when I couldn't find a job with my degree. Think Reaganomics.

So, here are some that come to mind:
C.W. McCall is great! BTW: I was waitressing during the "Convoy"-described events. Very interesting times those were.

CW McCall - Wolf Creek Pass - YouTube

Two jukebox favorites back then...

Eddie Rabbitt "Driving My Life Away" LIVE in Branson - YouTube

Eddie Rabbitt - I LOVE A RAINY NIGHT - Live in Branson MO - YouTube

TRUCK DRIVIN' MAN - LYNYRD SKYNYRD - YouTube

P.S. I even fueled semis one night when they were trying to find out if women could handle the job. I didn't work out, but~doggoneit!~I'm only 5'1" and wasn't built for clambering up on trucks! AND, they left me all alone out there, obviously not wanting (in Seventies) to admit that the job could be done. I told them to keep trying, that there were many females who COULD handle the job with no problem. When I went back to waitressing years later, there were a number of lady truckers! So, no doubt, there were women out there handling fueling and rapping tires.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:50 PM

969 posts, read 201,750 times
Pretty much anything I post.

Part of my job is driving a company truck around.

I'll post this, though nearly all of what I post will be hits.

Gear Jammer - YouTube

Old 03-17-2013, 10:57 PM

6,340 posts, read 1,514,320 times
Someone mentioned this one earlier but didn't post a link:

Cledus Maggard - The White Knight - YouTube
Bubblegum machine done hit the jackpot!

Learn CB lingo!

Cledus Maggard & Citizens Band - White Knight (1st CB Rap) - YouTube

Last but not least...

Red Sovine - Truckers Prayer - YouTube

Old 03-17-2013, 11:41 PM

Bachman Turner Overdrive - Roll On Down The Highway - YouTube

Old 03-17-2013, 11:42 PM

AIRBOURNE - Runnin' Wild / feat. Lemmy - YouTube

Old 03-17-2013, 11:44 PM

909 posts, read 431,582 times

Grateful Dead - Truckin' - with lyrics - YouTube

Eddie Kendricks - Keep on Truckin - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music