U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 12:49 PM

263 posts, read 180,451 times

Advertisements

I've seen other people start these kinds of threads, so you aren't stuck on one topic. It's all quiet on the western front today, in my neck of the woods. I'm a little tired, but in a good way You can probably tell by my dj choices. Have you ever been mellow? Honey from Tucson

Last edited by HoneyLamb; 07-05-2009 at 02:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 12:54 PM

Hey! Just saw this on my playlist. For those of you that may not know, this is the first song ever played on MTV! It's silly, but I like it.
YouTube - Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles (HQ Audio)

Old 07-05-2009, 04:38 PM

10,425 posts, read 43,531,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyLamb View Post
Hey! Just saw this on my playlist. For those of you that may not know, this is the first song ever played on MTV! It's silly, but I like it.
Yes you are right and this very question always comes up on TV game show trivia questions and people always fail to know this. This was indeed the very first song ever played on MTV. I wonder what the last one was before MTV dropped dead and went to hell.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:30 AM

I guess the last video hasn't been played??? I tried to look it up. The second one was You Better Run by Pat Benatar. Thanks for popping in desertsun. Tell your friends

Old 07-07-2009, 09:17 AM

1,087 posts, read 2,134,684 times
hello I'm listening to this dark tune today but I'm still in a chipper mood

who can understand hatred of this depth?

Old 07-07-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I guess the last video hasn't been played??? I tried to look it up. The second one was You Better Run by Pat Benatar. Thanks for popping in desertsun. Tell your friends
I believe the last video has been played. It has been quite many years since MTV played a video with no promise of playing another anytime soon. It's all that reality trash these days right? To add to that there is no listenable music put out anymore so MTV would have none to play anyway.

When is some one going to come out with a music history channel. Do you know how many people would tune in to listen and watch old music videos from when they were growing up? Hell they could even use Downtown Judy Brown as host with all her aging face and all.

How about an old live concert vault? Something like the old King Bisquit Flower hour but do the live videos on TV?

These ideas could also contribute to pizzzing on wrap and hippity hoppity fruit loops. What a great idea !!!!!

Old 07-07-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
hello I'm listening to this dark tune today but I'm still in a chipper mood

who can understand hatred of this depth?
What in hell is that?

What hatred? I could not understand that talentless sod.

Chipper mood? That song almost made me chipper my skull after I started punching on it.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:13 PM

13,140 posts, read 35,983,245 times
Quote:
Thanks for the posting HoneyLamb .... as it was a walk down memory lane as MTV which first launched in 1981 was a huge part of my music identity and demeanor back during my favorite music decade

Old 07-07-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Thanks for the posting HoneyLamb .... as it was a walk down memory lane as MTV which first launched in 1981 was a huge part of my music identity and demeanor back during my favorite music decade
Man you and I both and most of us good music lovers.

Remember before many cable networks carried MTV and we all chanted "we want our MTV"? Then little by little most all cable networks picked it up.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:28 PM

13,140 posts, read 35,983,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Man you and I both and most of us good music lovers.

Remember before many cable networks carried MTV and we all chanted "we want our MTV"? Then little by little most all cable networks picked it up.
Yeap i sure do remember those independent stations before MTV as my friends and i back in high school used to watch video's by Genesis, Pete Townshend, Nazareth, Brothers Johnson, The B-52's, The Dickies etc..as some of my earliest memories of them in 1980.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or