Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 01:01 AM

1 posts, read 3,024 times

Advertisements

Great idea -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 05:55 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,715,196 times
Can't live without mine!

Old 05-07-2007, 06:04 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,095,422 times
Oh, I love my ipod! I just replaced my 4 year old 30 with a new black, shiny 80. I enjoy a wide variety of music and this puts it all at my fingertips. I remember when they first came out I showed my Dad and he was in awe--the only reason he didn't have one himself is that the wheel was hard to manage with Parkinson's! I love that you can engrave/personalize the back too when ordering directly from the site...mine says "what is essential is invisible to the eye"...I haven't put any pics or video on it yet, but it's just because I haven't had the time. I like too that it's easy to use and load, I'm not very technologically gifted (at all!) and can still do this easily. My kids (except the 8 year old) all had minis....now they have the shuffles.... 1"x1"--very tiny! Hubby is waiting for his first generation ipod to die so he can replace it, and there are signs that it's on it's last legs now. He must have one of the oldest working ipods around!

Old 05-07-2007, 04:41 PM

800 posts, read 4,296,808 times
I received one as a surprise last Christmas. Wow, they are great fun! I have so many songs on mine, but still so much room! LOL

It brings me a lot of enjoyment in my life

Old 05-07-2007, 05:21 PM

157 posts, read 479,297 times
I received my Ipod as a gift too and love it. I download songs from Itunes.
CDs seem so dated now…along with CD players.
Ipods can be temperamental. Just trying to troubleshoot can get tricky.
Thankfully, for Ipod challenged people like me, there is an Apple store nearby
to fix it. I also fnd the discussion forums devoted just to Ipods helpful.
Looks like I have to charge mine…so off I go.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:42 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,248,856 times
I haven't bought a CD in ... forever

I love working out to my IPod

The only thing is ... there are so many accessories to buy and sooner or later, you have to replace your IPod b'c the battery dies. You can replace the battery but it's worth it just to buy a new one!!!

Old 06-06-2008, 08:31 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,723,939 times
Ipods are the biggest piece of garbage ever invented. Extremely non-flexible. Big problems when connecting to multiple computers. Big problems when using something other than Itunes and then going back to Itunes. No WMA. Ipod full messages when it isn't full.
Pure junk. Overpriced.
They are expensive because so much money is spent on marketing.
Show me a person who buys an Ipod and I'll show you someone who doesn't comparison shop.

I am lucky. I only spent $39 on a refurbished shuffle for my daughter.

I will never buy an Apple product again.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:33 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,312 times
I LOVE my IPOD...it is one thing I would want with me if I were stranded on a deserted island I have NEVER had any problems with my apple IPOD. I have owned it for several years now.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:52 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
One of the best technological inventions ever. The only thing that possibly could be better is if I could download songs to my head and play them at will...

Old 06-06-2008, 09:02 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,723,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
I have NEVER had any problems with my apple IPOD.
I have no problems with mine either. It works just like it says.

Unfortunately it has virtually no interface capability other than the piece of junk itunes. With WMP you can add wma and switch around between PCs. Can't do that with the POS ipod.

What is so good about an ipod that a basic mp3 player can't do?

I think people are caught up in Apple's fancy marketing.

Why the iPod sucks

http://digg.com/apple/Why_iPods_Suck (broken link).

Ipods really suck!! (http://www.able2know.org/forums/about69932.html - broken link)

http://tedblog.typepad.com/tedblog/2005/11/10_reasons_to_h.html (http://www.petitiononline.com/i****/petition.html - broken link)

Happy Birthday, iPod: Top Ten Reasons Why I Hate You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music