Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 02:09 AM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Mack the Knife - CiJ Awards Movie 2002
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 02:44 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
Dedicated to a fellow Aussie and my very good friend, Moonshadow

Machinations - No Say In It
Aaw! Thank You sweetie! (I do so LOVE Machinations! )

(I'm a little slow this week. Trying to get half my wardrobe into two teeny suitcases is a bit of a distraction. )

Anyhoo just to keep us both dancin in the 80s new wave styling I'll dedicate this fanastic song from Mr Spunk himself to you because THANKS TO YOU I can now share it with my neighbours cranked to 11 anytime I like! (PS: Share it with the fabulous 6/3 for me seeing as I believe it was our combined fascination with Kids In The Kitchen that helped to addict him! )

YouTube - Kids in the Kitchen - Bitter desire (live)

Also whilst I'm here just having a little look around I see so many of you fantastic music forum folks, from the decade threads to Metal Kingdom to all the amazing discussions we've had about tunes and I just want to say thank you to you all for bringing some amazing tunes to my attention and for sharing a love of many of my favorite tunes with me. SO I thought seeing as how PJ are touring here this week and I'm gonna miss it I'd dedicate this song to you all BECAUSE well because I love PJ AND they always play this at the end of the night and turn up the lights and it's such a completely unifying song EVEN THOUGH none of us (including Ed) have ANY CLUE what the lyrics are....so...for this version my lyrics say THANK YOU ALL and ROCK ON!!!

A BIG Potato Wave to you all!

YouTube - MISHEARD LYRICS - Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter

And finally while I'm taking up space I'll dedicate this to my beautiful MM who I'll be with in just 5 short sleeps but in the meantime.....

YouTube - LEONARDO'S BRIDE - EVEN WHEN I'M SLEEPING

Old 11-17-2009, 07:52 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,612,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
(PS: Share it with the fabulous 6/3 for me seeing as I believe it was our combined fascination with Kids In The Kitchen that helped to addict him! )

YouTube - Kids in the Kitchen - Bitter desire (live)

Well Moongirl ... i will always be indebted to you for schooling me about an great Aussie 80's New Wave band ''Kids in the Kitchen'' as i'm still crazy about their song ''Something That You Said'' that you turned me onto in early 2008 .

Since i know how much you really digged your Aussie guy when he was alive i thought that you might enjoy this .

YouTube - Michael Hutchence - Rooms for the Memory

Old 11-17-2009, 10:14 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,035 times
This song I dedicate to my daughter Ashley, who reminds me so much of when she was little as she lies here asleep:

YouTube - Queensryche - Silent Lucidity

Old 11-18-2009, 11:22 AM

9,930 posts, read 13,923,099 times
To my friends and family, all you fine people here, and the rest of the world!!! I love the sing songy chant at the end.

YouTube - The Beatles-All You Need Is Love

Old 11-18-2009, 11:26 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,942 times
This song makes me think of my fiance, who is deployed right now. He's a wonderful big blond man of Scottish descent and he looks smashing in a kilt. The song makes me both sad and happy at the same time:

YouTube - The White Stripes - Prickly Thorn, But Sweetly Worn

Old 11-19-2009, 04:43 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,750,994 times
Default To All My Friends, Co-Mods, Peers and Members on City-Data;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmxT21uFRwM

"When the world must come together as one"

We Are The World - MJ and Various

Old 11-19-2009, 03:22 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,646,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmxT21uFRwM

"When the world must come together as one"

We Are The World - MJ and Various

Ya know......when that song first came out, I can remember so clearly how the DJs would play it and keep pausing it to try and identify each artist as they did their part. To this day that sure was the largest group of talent in one room ever to assemble.

Lets do it again. This time something like USA for USA. I wonder if todays artists might be too full of themselves to volunteer their time for something like this again.

Great song 2Gs

Old 11-19-2009, 03:55 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,790,034 times
Default This one is for Desertsun41

I did not know you were back amongst us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU

Old 11-19-2009, 04:32 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,790,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Ya know......when that song first came out, I can remember so clearly how the DJs would play it and keep pausing it to try and identify each artist as they did their part. To this day that sure was the largest group of talent in one room ever to assemble.

Lets do it again. This time something like USA for USA. I wonder if todays artists might be too full of themselves to volunteer their time for something like this again.

Great song 2Gs
Can you name the singers from 'We Are The World'? - sporcle

Who can name them all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music