Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 02:29 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,426,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
These puppeteers Genesis used for the video were popular and had a show called Spitting Image:

Genesis - Land of Confusion
Krofft puppets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 02:54 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
I've been seeing those commercials lately too
They almost ruined the song for me

Old 02-23-2013, 03:47 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,426,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
They almost ruined the song for me
That can happen easily,luckily I don't hear it that often;

Old 02-23-2013, 05:42 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,711,756 times
My god, I almost couldn't remember the name of this song to grab. Had the lyrics in my head and no title, haha.

Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall (480p) - YouTube

Old 02-24-2013, 08:42 AM

Duran Duran burst on the scene in America as kinda a second Brit invasion. Good looking band with all the teenie boppers after them. When they broke up (as I recall) the band reformed as Arcadia minus Simon LeBon, the lead singer. They've had some tours as Duran Duran since then as well with periodic comebacks.

Duran Duran - Save A Prayer - YouTube

Old 02-24-2013, 10:22 AM

I hear a little cowbell in here...

Owner Of a Lonely Heart - Yes (HQ Audio) - YouTube

Old 02-24-2013, 10:37 AM

10,261 posts, read 12,505,983 times

FUNK 80 ONLY THE BEST RARE TRACKS VOL.4 & 5 COMING SOON ... - YouTube

Old 02-24-2013, 03:15 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,314,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Duran Duran burst on the scene in America as kinda a second Brit invasion. Good looking band with all the teenie boppers after them. When they broke up (as I recall) the band reformed as Arcadia minus Simon LeBon, the lead singer. They've had some tours as Duran Duran since then as well with periodic comebacks.
Not quite

They did not break up, they have never broken up but they have changed the line up a few times with the core always being Simon Le Bon (vocals) and Nick Rhodes (synth). In 85/86 the band took a break and the members took advantage of the time to do some of their own projects. That's the official story but there was actually a lot of tension between Nick Rhodes, who is the founder (along with John Taylor), and Andy Taylor, the guitarist which essentially caused the upheaval. Also Roger Taylor (drums) was having a tough time dealing with the fame and lifestyle the band were living and he left the band along with Andy. During the whole process which probably involved a whole lot of business dealings the two side projects were recorded and released. Arcadia were Simon Le Bon, Nick Rhodes and Roger Taylor. The Power Station were John Taylor and Andy Taylor (Roger Taylor made some contributions to this project too) with Robert Palmer (vocals) and Tony Thompson (drums). Duran Duran started recording again in 86 (I think) and the album Notorious was the result.

That was all off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure it's all correct. I'm quite a fan if you haven't guessed

Duran Duran have released albums all through the 80s, 90s, 00s, and this current decade as well. They have never stopped to have a come back, they have just been up and down in popularity with radio listeners. I think one of their most acclaimed albums was in 92 with Duran Duran (The Wedding Album) which contained the classic "Ordinary World". Their fan base has never left them and knows that they are probably one of the most underrated bands of the last four decades.

I have a vinyl copy of the Arcadia record "So Red the Rose" that I bought as a teen and I also bought the digital release that has the DVD and extended versions last year as well. It's one of my all-time favourite albums. I think I've played just about every song from it on here over the years but here are some favourites

here is one that was popular at the time and had chart success...

ARCADIA - ELECTION DAY - YouTube

here's my namesake

Arcadia:Lady Ice Music Video by Suzy Thomas - YouTube

and another great song (love this fan made video)

Arcadia - Keep Me In The Dark - YouTube

This is the full album if anyone is interested in hearing it. It's basically the darker, more emotional side of Duran Duran and has some great guest performers like Sting, Grace Jones and Dave Gilmour (Pink Floyd) to name a few...

Arcadia - So Red The Rose [FULL ALBUM] - YouTube

Old 02-24-2013, 09:31 PM

Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music