U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 12:44 AM

4,575 posts, read 3,531,495 times

Advertisements

Sweethearts Of The Rodeo, are they even still around?

YouTube - Sweethearts of the Rodeo - Satisfy You

Ohhh Conway!

YouTube - I Can't Stop Loving You Conway Twitty The Conway Twitty Collection
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 01:40 PM

44,326 posts, read 35,381,178 times
Rose Garden - Lynn Anderson

YouTube - Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden

Old 02-22-2010, 06:15 PM

3,165 posts, read 3,957,351 times

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Some of the best songs IMO.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:40 PM

3,040 posts, read 10,215,978 times
How about a few classics from Bobby Bare?

YouTube - Bobby Bare - 500 miles

YouTube - Bobby Bare - Detroit City

YouTube - THE WINNER by BOBBY BARE

Old 02-27-2010, 01:26 PM

While scowering the radio late last night, I found two great classic country stations. KWKH-AM in Shreveport, Louisiana and KRVN-FM (it could have been a "Friday night oldies" type program though) in Lexington, Nebraska.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:22 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 10,951,319 times
My friend, Dale Watson, singer and songwriter extraordinaire!!!

YouTube - Dale Watson, How You Love Me, Ft. Worth Rodeo

YouTube - Dale Watson - Honky Tonkers Don't Cry

and my #1 favorite song by Dale...

YouTube - Dale Watson, one memory at a time

Old 03-01-2010, 09:52 PM

I always knew that some of these guys had serious issues, but looking back at it, it's like "He did what!?" Like George Jones, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, among others are perfect examples. I mean these guys were real success stories of rise, fall, rise again and triumph, thusly they are personal heroes of mine.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:06 AM

4,101 posts, read 5,894,804 times
Desert Kid,

What a great post! I've loved country music since the early 50's, when I attended dances at our community hall every Saturday night. I've collected music, tapes, CD's, albums for years. My wife and I even did DJ work at weddings, parties, etc. for a couple years. I like all the artists you have mentioned, but I'm still always looking for music I don't have. I don't care for many of the newer artists, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Big & Rich, Montgomery Gentry, and others like them. They're just not what I call 'country', they don't look country and they don't sound country. If Kid Rock comes on the TV, I turn it off, he makes my skin crawl, besides that, he can't sing. I like most music except Hip Hop and Rap, but Country will always be first.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Desert Kid,

What a great post! I've loved country music since the early 50's, when I attended dances at our community hall every Saturday night. I've collected music, tapes, CD's, albums for years. My wife and I even did DJ work at weddings, parties, etc. for a couple years. I like all the artists you have mentioned, but I'm still always looking for music I don't have. I don't care for many of the newer artists, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Big & Rich, Montgomery Gentry, and others like them. They're just not what I call 'country', they don't look country and they don't sound country. If Kid Rock comes on the TV, I turn it off, he makes my skin crawl, besides that, he can't sing. I like most music except Hip Hop and Rap, but Country will always be first.
I'm glad you like it. Being my age and liking this kind of country is too strange for some folks I know. I grew up around my grandfather who listened to this all the time, and I love it all so much.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:11 PM

I know that old country singers liked to get around back in the day, but looking through my local paper's archives I found that George Jones, Hoyt Axton, Waylon Jennings, Patsy Kline, Lefty Frizzel, Willie Nelson, Glen Campbell and Roy Clark had short stays in my hometown during the mid and late 1960s at the Buena Vista Hotel (with the ever notorious "Matador Room") and a nearby bar on the highway 70 called "Blocky's", which Waylon Jennings stopped by periodically.

Anyone have anything similar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or