Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 PM

5,118 posts, read 16,546,425 times

Advertisements

The only FM oldies country radio station here just changed formats. Now I'm going to have to listen to the new stuff or break out my CDs while I'm in the car. I had satellite radio but couldn't justify the expense when I'm typically only in my car 1/2 hour each day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 01:51 PM

3,377 posts, read 4,988,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
The only FM oldies country radio station here just changed formats. Now I'm going to have to listen to the new stuff or break out my CDs while I'm in the car. I had satellite radio but couldn't justify the expense when I'm typically only in my car 1/2 hour each day.
I looked to see what you were talking about and it shocked me greatly. However, if you can run radio on the internet there is KCKN 1020 AM in Roswell, NM which is a classic country station that you can play online. And there is KTFW 92.1 Country Legends FM in Glenn Rose, TX that plays online.

Homepage - KTFW

KCKN - Home Page

And of the short time that I had Sirius in my household, I had the pleasure of listening to either "Willie's Place" or "The Roadhouse". Just on Tuesday I went to the dentist office, and since I was the only patient there they let me have a choice on what to play on Sirius, and it was nice hearing "The Roadhouse" again.

Of course also I have plenty of Merle Haggard, Dolly Parton, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Time Life Classic Country and Jerry Reed CD's.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:46 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,548,912 times

YouTube - Maddox Brothers & Rose - Looky There Over There

'Rawhide' channel on DishNetwork's music channel is pretty cool too.

I remember one night, I walked into this 'country bar' here in Austin and played some Bob Wills on the jukebox.
You could've heard a pin drop...I thought I'd have to fight my way out to the parking lot with a broken pool cue as a weapon.

Apparently it wasn't 'manly' enough for the regulars. Probably not the best music to make an entrance with...heh.

Last edited by brubaker; 03-25-2010 at 11:59 PM..

Old 03-26-2010, 01:29 AM

4,583 posts, read 4,257,804 times

YouTube - kenny rogers - Rueben James - Anthology

YouTube - kenny rogers - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to - Anthology

Old 03-26-2010, 01:47 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,560,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
I remember one night, I walked into this 'country bar' here in Austin and played some Bob Wills on the jukebox.
You could've heard a pin drop...I thought I'd have to fight my way out to the parking lot with a broken pool cue as a weapon.

Apparently it wasn't 'manly' enough for the regulars. Probably not the best music to make an entrance with...heh.
What kind of "country" bar can you go into in Texas where the patrons don't like Bob Wills?

It must have been a (rock'n'roll) bar in the country, not a country bar!

Old 03-26-2010, 02:03 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,548,912 times
Well, all I have to say is it was a tiny place off of Burnett (pretty close-in Austin) and they laughed at my Bob Wills ("Should I get up on the bar and do a little dance? Haw Haw Haw') then put on some rowdy sing-a-long song with the words 'redneck' and 'ni**er' featured prominently in the chorus.

I finished my beer (the only thing they served) and said, "Y'all have a good night!'

Old 03-26-2010, 12:42 PM

5,118 posts, read 16,546,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I looked to see what you were talking about and it shocked me greatly. However, if you can run radio on the internet there is KCKN 1020 AM in Roswell, NM which is a classic country station that you can play online. And there is KTFW 92.1 Country Legends FM in Glenn Rose, TX that plays online.

Homepage - KTFW

KCKN - Home Page

And of the short time that I had Sirius in my household, I had the pleasure of listening to either "Willie's Place" or "The Roadhouse". Just on Tuesday I went to the dentist office, and since I was the only patient there they let me have a choice on what to play on Sirius, and it was nice hearing "The Roadhouse" again.

Of course also I have plenty of Merle Haggard, Dolly Parton, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Time Life Classic Country and Jerry Reed CD's.
Thanks for the info. I don't have a home computer and we are not allowed to stream at work. There is still an AM classic country station here but I don't listen to AM.

The drive to work today was just 15 minutes of channel surfing. Nothing worth listening to. boo hoo

Old 03-28-2010, 12:02 AM

3,377 posts, read 4,988,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Thanks for the info. I don't have a home computer and we are not allowed to stream at work. There is still an AM classic country station here but I don't listen to AM.

The drive to work today was just 15 minutes of channel surfing. Nothing worth listening to. boo hoo
No problem. Just to cheer you up I found a pretty unique Waylon Jennings song, I hope you like Civil War symbolism.

YouTube - waylon jennings "The Southland's Bleeding"

Old 03-29-2010, 01:17 AM

4,583 posts, read 4,257,804 times
I remember this.

YouTube - Johnny Cash Show - Louisiana Man 2

Old 03-30-2010, 05:56 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,207,835 times

YouTube - Johnny Cash Show - Glen Campbell Medley

YouTube - Glenn Campbell - Gentle On My Mind (LIVE)

YouTube - "Glenn Campbell" live (Triple Classic)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music