Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 12:52 AM

289 posts, read 569,982 times

Advertisements

A co-worker of mine asked me to put some songs on her granddaughters iPod. I think she's between 10-12 years old. She gave me a short list of some songs she really wanted. I've got those already. She also said anything rock, country, or hip hop that is currently popular. I don't have a clue about what's popular these days, I only know what I like. And I'm 27 so I'm sure it's not the same as a 10-12 year old would enjoy.

I've already got some Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, Britney Spears, & Michael Jackson, all of which were on her list. I've also got some Ka$ha, a couple from Pink, & Single Ladies from Beyonce.

I'm open to any other ideas. What else is currently popular?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 11:04 PM

503 posts, read 710,325 times
your doing good so far,all that music(with the exceptin of MJ) is really bad,but extremely popular with youth.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:23 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
put on some Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, and Shaggy while you're at it. Maybe some Eric Clapton and Sublime, too. throw in some ACDC, and Ramones.

Also, if she's into the super poppy stuff, Shakira works well. She's not always singing about more explicit things like the other female singers on your list might be

Old 03-20-2010, 12:07 AM

put some janis too.every little girl should hear janis at least once.or some tina turner,heart ,or jefferson airplane.good female role models if you want to show her some rock stuff.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:38 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times

YouTube - AC/DC War Machine!

Old 03-20-2010, 04:33 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,070 times
Maybe Katy Perry? I am not sure all of her music is entirely appropriate for kids, but if they already have Lady Gaga, Katy Perry is not any more inappropriate.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieChick1972 View Post
Maybe Katy Perry? I am not sure all of her music is entirely appropriate for kids, but if they already have Lady Gaga, Katy Perry is not any more inappropriate.
even in this day and age,i kissed a girl and disco stick are pretty bad.

like i said give her some of the classic,by respectable women and respectable lyrics(i'm not saying being a lesbian is bad,but being drunk at a party and just kissing a girl for the fun is in bad taste inmo.i'm not some prude conservative either,as a very liberal teen i stick my guns on this though.)

janis
tina
grace
heart
stevi knicks
tracy chapman

who knows she might really like and appreciate something different.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:51 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,984,180 times
Popular songs amongst teens/preteens/tweens at the moment:

Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift
Today Was A Fairytale by Taylor Swift
Bulletproof by La Roux
One Time by Justin Bieber
Baby by Justin Bieber ft. Ludacris
Nothin' On You by B.o.B. (ft. Bruno Mars)
I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas
Bad Romance by Lady GaGa
Telephone by Lady GaGa ft. Beyonce
Breakeven by The Script
According To You by Orianthi
In My Head by Jason DeRulo
Naturally by Selena Gomez and The Scene
Fireflies by Owl City
Hey Soul Sister by Train
Live Like We're Dying by Kris Allen
Evacuate The Dancefloor by Cascada

Old 03-22-2010, 06:36 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Put some Muse on there!!! If you want them to try some new good rock, get some Cold War Kids and/or The Black Keys.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
put some muse on there!!! If you want them to try some new good rock, get some cold war kids and/or the black keys.
the black keys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music