Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:45 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,908,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post

here's two of my favorite bands, I would really like to hear your honest opinion of the them.
There is quite a significant difference between "Are there any decent bands?" and "Can anybody sing?" You call those good singers?

There's my honest opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 11:03 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,536,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Yes, that would be correct. To each his own. Some have better manners than others as well. We're talking singing ability aren't we, and current ones, as in this decade, right, despite the overuse of autotune and not genre specific.

Can you offer up some current singers?

Thom Yorke's range is amazing.
THERE ARE NONE!

I guess that's why I keep postin' old stuff!!! You people are so sensitive! Just because I don't like someone's music doesn't mean I don't like them! Grow up! You asked a question on this board! I answered honestly! Me not liking a song of yours is not personal! Popular music is seriuously anemic today! That's why some on this board are drudging up Myspace bands and groups from the Andromeda Galaxy!

One cat in the last 10 years really got me! But they didn't promote him either. He had some R&B hits....he could sing and compose.........he had an old soul, as we say. He got a lot of adult urban air play.

KEM

YouTube - Kem Love calls

YouTube - 07. Kem - Brotha Man

YouTube - 01. Kem - Find Your Way (Back in My Life)

Last edited by citizenkane2; 04-02-2010 at 11:15 PM..

Old 04-02-2010, 11:08 PM

924 posts, read 1,642,998 times
It's nothing personal at all. I get annoyed by your ignorance and your shamelessness in it.

Also, what's with you and black artists? You seem to like a disproportionately large number of them

Old 04-02-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
It's nothing personal at all. I get annoyed by your ignorance and your shamelessness in it.

Also, what's with you and black artists? You seem to like a disproportionately large number of them

I like black music....

But I guess you haven't seen my posts on the other music threads like the 60's , 70's, 50's & 40's or the Hard/Soft..........

I'm very diverse in my ignorance!

Going to sleep now....see ya tomorrow...

Old 04-03-2010, 08:09 AM

YouTube - New Radicals - You Get What You Give [OFFICIAL HQ VIDEO]

YouTube - Smash Mouth - Walkin' On The Sun

YouTube - Mack the Knife-Bobby Darin

How's this for ignorant variety?? All are very good.....but not recent.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:24 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,097,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
There is quite a significant difference between "Are there any decent bands?" and "Can anybody sing?" You call those good singers?

There's my honest opinion.
thank you jtur, I'm glad you took the time to listen, I respectfully disagree with your assessment of course. but that's alright too.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:35 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,246,185 times
I already posted this but here it is again. I didn't know Robert Plant had a son!!LOL..........

YouTube - Woman - Wolfmother

Old 04-06-2010, 04:50 PM

503 posts, read 710,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I already posted this but here it is again. I didn't know Robert Plant had a son!!LOL..........

YouTube - Woman - Wolfmother

wolfmother is quite good.....

it's so sad but the better of today's music get no play on the radio or tv.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music