Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you like this song?
I like it 2 8.70%
Sort of like it 3 13.04%
Don't care about it 5 21.74%
I hate it 13 56.52%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times

Advertisements

Not a fan, but it seems that Rihanna is trying to reinvent herself every since the Chris Brown incident
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 12:39 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times
Shes a loose bimbo. Chris brown should knock some sense back into her.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:39 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,433,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLIGuy View Post
You call this music?
Good point.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:47 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,123 times
These type of songs with pretty graphic lyrics have been around ever since the boy band craze died nearly a decade ago. That is pop music was really cheesy and upbeat. Now its trying to be "real" and get nasty in your face. Just look at the transformation of Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. Sure Aguilera has reverted back a bit but remember how she looked like a crack ***** for that song "Dirty"?

This is what happens when hip hop combines with pop. The bad elements of hip hop combined with pop to produce this crap. Hip Hip is going through its "Hair Metal" phase of catchy beats with no talent. Hopefully, this phase will end in another few years.

Til then, I'm off listening to my Ipod for endless hours each day. There is quality music being made but no one knows because most people don't care about music. If its catchy, it'll sell.

I'll on my headphones listening to Them Crooked Vultures' album for the 40th time as I constantly check on where they are on making a second album.

Quiet a sad state in music.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:59 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
These type of songs with pretty graphic lyrics have been around ever since the boy band craze died nearly a decade ago. That is pop music was really cheesy and upbeat. Now its trying to be "real" and get nasty in your face. Just look at the transformation of Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. Sure Aguilera has reverted back a bit but remember how she looked like a crack ***** for that song "Dirty"?

This is what happens when hip hop combines with pop. The bad elements of hip hop combined with pop to produce this crap. Hip Hip is going through its "Hair Metal" phase of catchy beats with no talent. Hopefully, this phase will end in another few years.

Til then, I'm off listening to my Ipod for endless hours each day. There is quality music being made but no one knows because most people don't care about music. If its catchy, it'll sell.

I'll on my headphones listening to Them Crooked Vultures' album for the 40th time as I constantly check on where they are on making a second album.

Quiet a sad state in music.
Hopefully NOT. Hip-hop is better (at least musically) than it has ever been now. More melodic (catchy) = better. Just remembering all the atonal garbage (D4L "Laffy Taffy", Snoop Dogg "Drop It Like It's Hot", Kelis "Milkshake") they were putting out four or five years back makes one thankful for current hip-hop.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:05 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Hopefully NOT. Hip-hop is better (at least musically) than it has ever been now. More melodic (catchy) = better. Just remembering all the atonal garbage (D4L "Laffy Taffy", Snoop Dogg "Drop It Like It's Hot", Kelis "Milkshake") they were putting out four or five years back makes one thankful for current hip-hop.

You have got to be kidding..... Please show me something that hits like this.

YouTube - D-Nice They Call Me D-Nice

Old 03-26-2010, 10:42 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
You have got to be kidding..... Please show me something that hits like this.

YouTube - D-Nice They Call Me D-Nice
Yuck. But "de gustibus non est disputandem"

Old 03-26-2010, 10:42 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post

Wrong. Everything hip hop is now is what is wrong with hip hop. I'll listen to 90's hip hop anyday over now. All its about now is a good beat, the lyrics suck.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:41 AM

479 posts, read 1,442,483 times
#1 for a second week!

Old 03-26-2010, 02:13 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Wrong. Everything hip hop is now is what is wrong with hip hop. I'll listen to 90's hip hop anyday over now. All its about now is a good beat, the lyrics suck.

But the beats aren't even good!

Give me this anyday....

YouTube - Black Sheep - The Choice Is Yours

CAIN'T NUTTIN' TODAY DEAL WIT' DIS!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music